Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take Poll: Why you leave MMORPG

bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
Hello, thanks for taking time to take this poll for me. I was just curious as to why people most often leave a game. Please read all the selections before answering as some of the answers may be similar.

Comments

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

The majority of ones that ive either downloaded or bought from the store, I generally dont get past the free trial due to boredom. Too many MMORPG feel exactly alike, therefore they are all boring to me. I played UO for about 1 year, I loved it until about the last 2 weeks, when I just found myself doing the same things over and over... I loved my main character too much to start a new one, so I just quit. I had about 81 hiding I think... that skill took so long to get that high ::::06::

• AntiJohnnyAntiJohnny Member Posts: 34

My reason isn't really on your poll so....

I usually stop playing a game because of the extremely slow character development, and poor support for solo characters.

• blisseverblissever Member Posts: 124
    Godd ?? but I think it is usually a comination of several of the reasons you stated. ai have played many mmorpgs(AC1-AC2-AO EQ1-EQ2-DOAC-Planetside-FFXI and currently on COH and WOW. The last two are really the best Ive seen to date. Although I really did enjoy AC2 alot just there was NO ONE playing it. But back to the ?? I really do believe it is a combo of problems the games face plus there are so many damn mmorpgs out there, you have to really stand out with a total package game and keep the updates and game content ever changing.

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    these things should bump when people vote on them ,
  • dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

I voted for boring gameplay option but as  blissever said i also must add to that category, why i leave game, poor community.Becoz its nothin worse than play in world which is full of a$$holes or kids....Its massively multiplayer online role play game/ou well it SHOULD be/ so if you wandering around da world alone it isnt what i want from that kind of game.

And one more notice.Unbalanced classess could be annoying but as long as you can play on non pvp server its just fine for me.

So my main reaseons to leave game are  Boring game play and Poor community.

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::
    lordken->Friendly Mastermind

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

i have to say boring gameplay but i havent really been playing that great of games lately

i tried WoW for a bit i dont know if it was the server or what but im never going back bcus fo the community ::::32::

"It's the darkness that brings us power"
    SOF site come join

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

Boring gameplay, with out a doubt. Developers can't seem to get it in their heads that doing the same damn thing over and over again with out much variation will lead to freaking insanity. Serious, would you eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for months on end? Nope, didn't think so, and thats exactly what MMORPG's of the past, present and future offer. Ultima Online has and still is the only MMORPG to date that I find fun and enjoyable still, and that damn game is over 7 years old! Sure, I look forward to the new games, and even try them out, so not to be biased, but in the end I'm always disappointed with them.

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

All reasons that I start thinking about leaving, but I picked community, and here's why.

Gameplay and bugs and boredom all set in long before I quit playing EQ, 2 full years before in fact. It was the community that kept me coming back day after day.

I had none of those problems with WoW, yet the community was what made me leave.

So for me apparently the biggest factor is people in game, even though I relish challenging content, and a bad interface can be frustrating, and graphics are always nice to look at, and if classes aren't balanced properly a large chunk of gamers might quit because they can't get groups. I think if the game can keep me past the first 6 months and keep me involved, not bored, and provide an environment where I am encouraged to meet others and work with them toward common goals, that even if the next expansion is a pile, I'll likely be stuck with a decent group of friends with many common goals to complete that will keep me in game as long as exciting and interesting new goals can be set for us as we progress.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• penguinmanepenguinmane Member Posts: 73

the grind caused me to leave 90% of all mmorpgs

id explored many games as a lvl 1 char

i loved uo cuz in a day i could have a decent enough char to at least run away or recall from danager

i loved the tester servers in all games since i could immediately build a char to handle areas and just play

• maboroshimaboroshi Member Posts: 47

The moment I stop to think that I'm going to have to repeat my current action hundreds, perhaps thousands of times, in order to see new parts of the game is the moment I start thinking about quitting.

Game Developers: grinding is not fun, m'kay?   If a game only "gets fun at the higher levels", then it means you expect me to spend dozens of hours/play sessions just to slog through the preliminary stuff.   And you expect me to pay for it.  uh...no.  I shouldn't have to grit my teeth and suffer through many levels of a game before I start enjoying it.  It's supposed to be a game, not a hazing or endurance test.