Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

computer spec question

KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151

hey guys/girls was wondering if my computer would run this game semi lag free with the following specs

Win 98SE trying to upgrade ATM

1.7ghz processor

512mb ram

two 40gig HD's

16x DvD rom

SB 512PCI Sound card

Cable internet

i know its not the best but its a decent PC im sure its still gonna lag jsut wondering how much is it gonna lag heh i am getign the game for free tomorrow so i can't complain if its lagging :)

Comments

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    whats your graphics card?

• seakelp911seakelp911 Member Posts: 61

probably should get more ram, its cheap

• NoisyMonkeyNoisyMonkey Member Posts: 220

Really need your graphics card.. and if its onboard.. I would venture to say no.. unless you just forgot about it :P

• KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151
    LOL i knew i forgot somthnig :) its a GeForce FX 5200 128mb ram video card and ram is expensive to me anyways

• ZarlanZarlan Member Posts: 58

You will be fine, but you should turn down most settings to medium or lower. Pay special attention to how many detailed player models you allow on screen at one time, it should be set to 3 or less with your system. I would turn shadows and water effects all the way off, and you should be fine. That system will run the game smoothly, it just won't look like the screenshots. Here is a shot that I took with the settings like I think you should have them for your system: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=58713

I hope this helps!

-------------------------------
    "There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not."

-------------------------------
    "There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not."

thanks Zarlan thats screenshot wasn't so bad :) but i know i will have to turn them down to low and play with the detailed char  stuff yall have been a great help as i said before i know it will lag a little bit as it is expected but im geting the game for 100% free so i can't complain :) cya later

• NoisyMonkeyNoisyMonkey Member Posts: 220

I personally turn shadows to minimal and just select shadows.. water to max.. and then most other stuff is along lines of balanced.. but tweaked a bit...

I use a 5900se 128meg....I am probably going to upgrade to a gig+ of ram and get a 6600 256meg.. would get a 6600gt but they only come in 128 meg.. :O

im running at the VERY minimal graphics setings and im still geting frame lag :( nice graphics before i turned them down lol

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413
    you may be able to play with all graphics set at lowest

Calamities are of two kinds: Misfortune to ourselves and good fortune to others

Originally posted by Ducky
    you may be able to play with all graphics set at lowest

Ello is this thing on :) thats what i said i was doing

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436

grab another 512meg, that should help ya out. Also don't forget to update ya drivers <can't saythat enough>, and run registry cleaner, and finally defrag your hard drives<that alone makes a world of difference>

Otherwise welcome to EQ2 image

Originally posted by Thoom

grab another 512meg, that should help ya out. Also don't forget to update ya drivers <can't saythat enough>, and run registry cleaner, and finally defrag your hard drives<that alone makes a world of difference>
    Otherwise welcome to EQ2 image

grabign another 512 meg stick would cause me to throw out my 2 256mb sticks and pay alot of money for 2 512s another note i can't update my graphics do to the windows system im on can't find any graphics driver updates the defrag won't happen cause when i try to do it , it restarts and says somthing is writign to the harddrive. i have left my computer alone aswell as ran a virus scan nothing will work abotu to re install windows though that might help some

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413
    sorry, forgot you were the author :P

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

I am currently running the game on a slightly better system than you and I have problems big time. Thank god I am building a new computer. The game really does'nt run that well with 512mb ram. I would say maybe try it and see, but the game is gonna be kind of a downer with your current setup.

Originally posted by Saigonshakes

I am currently running the game on a slightly better system than you and I have problems big time. Thank god I am building a new computer. The game really does'nt run that well with 512mb ram. I would say maybe try it and see, but the game is gonna be kind of a downer with your current setup.

As i said before i am running it jsut on the lowest possable setings and that makes it clay looking and i still lag didn't u read the post before replying?image

• Willa2Willa2 Member UncommonPosts: 48

someone knows if a Radeon 9600 Xt 256mb DDR will work great on this game? image

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

yes willa2

Children In Back Seats Cause Accidents. Accidents In Back Seats Cause Children.

• djp.netdjp.net Member UncommonPosts: 34

I suspect with just 512Mb Ram you will get slow zone loading times (some group mates are taking 30 secs to a minute - compared with 5 secs or less for me). Also, with a below max-spec machine you don't know if it's your machine or the server which is lagging (which it is when busy).

Upgrading to 1G was the best upgrade I did recently, and I too had to take out and waste a pair of 256M Dimms.

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

Why don't you buy a 1Gig stick instead of 2 512MB sticks? Then you can always throw in one of your 256MB sticks and not "waste" them both.

Going from 1Gig to 1.5 Gigs of RAM helped my performance quite a bit, and I have an Athlon 64 3000+, had 1Gig of DDR400 (now 1.5 as mentioned), and a 9800 Pro.

And yes, the FX5200 is a pile of a graphics card. It's supposed to look like clay on a machine like that.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• Asmodeus_Asmodeus_ Member Posts: 223

i use radeon 9550td :::'(:: is that a bad graphics card?.. anyway i recommand using 1g of mb-ram for eq2 my system, cant even handle balanced or higher nicely without it ive to have it at high performance to run it (rather smooth) using amd 3200+, 512ddr-ram, sata hdd, my little radeon, 4 fkkin coolers,

Would it be justice for holy to conquer evil?