Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game really sucks IMO

124»

Comments

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by BillyM80

yes

http://www.mortalonline.com/content/under-development

Next monday.

• DonG79DonG79 Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by JonWall

I think it would be best if they put in what they want to put in and then wiped everything starting fresh.  THen people will be back to grinding again and maybe the economy will grow.  Right now I thionk many people got their chars up from the initial cheap books and are not logging in / waiting for more stuff to be added.  IF they wiped and had things like guild mecahnics and houses with vendors implemented people would have more goals.  

back in Beta people would come back after a wipe to re grind, but once there was nothing left to do they left.

Maybe after this new balancing they will wipe.

Originally posted by DonG79

I think it would be best if they put in what they want to put in and then wiped everything starting fresh.  THen people will be back to grinding again and maybe the economy will grow.  Right now I thionk many people got their chars up from the initial cheap books and are not logging in / waiting for more stuff to be added.  IF they wiped and had things like guild mecahnics and houses with vendors implemented people would have more goals.  

back in Beta people would come back after a wipe to re grind, but once there was nothing left to do they left.

No game wipes after a balancing patch...

Originally posted by thorppes

No game wipes after a balancing patch...

Why?  With reported dupoing problems and character skills messing up now would be  a good time.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

so whats the big deal?, its sounds just like UO when it first came out, gold duping, hacking...etc. 

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

so whats the big deal?, its sounds just like UO when it first came out, gold duping, hacking...etc. 

Except this isn't 1997... and this isn't the first MMO to ever release. This is 2010. 

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

So it would be a good idea to fix the problems then wipe the server and start fresh.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

So it would be a good idea to fix the problems then wipe the server and start fresh.

Honestly.. a wipe would probably be the final stake through the heart.  Most folks won't want to start over and not enough new folks would be interested in a fresh server...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i'v played pretty casually for the first free month.

the thing you absolutely MUST undestand when getting into this game is........MO is still in beta.

simply put this game is a long way from being finished. DF is a much more polised and finished game. DF has incredibly more to do including some themepark features like quests. DF has been out for a lot longer and has a much bigger company behind it then MO.

MO is a very small budget, very unfinished, very "sand boxy" mmo that is actually still missing a big chunck of sand. :)

for all of us that have been dreaming of an "Oblivion" like mmo for years, we can only hopy that this game survives long enough to actually finish most of what it's trying to accomplish. if that ever happens then it has the potentia of being a great mmo. as of right now it's like playing in your neighbour's sand box where he was too cheap to actually put sand and you are left with pretty much dirt.

I don't play this game, but according to this site, this game is released. And how could the OP buy it if it's still in beta?

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Originally posted by gracefield

the thing you absolutely MUST undestand when getting into this game is........MO is still in beta.

simply put this game is a long way from being finished. DF is a much more polised and finished game. DF has incredibly more to do including some themepark features like quests. DF has been out for a lot longer and has a much bigger company behind it then MO.

MO is a very small budget, very unfinished, very "sand boxy" mmo that is actually still missing a big chunck of sand. :)

for all of us that have been dreaming of an "Oblivion" like mmo for years, we can only hopy that this game survives long enough to actually finish most of what it's trying to accomplish. if that ever happens then it has the potentia of being a great mmo. as of right now it's like playing in your neighbour's sand box where he was too cheap to actually put sand and you are left with pretty much dirt.

I don't play this game, but according to this site, this game is released. And how could the OP buy it if it's still in beta?

Because they offered closed beta access if you pre-bought the game, thus securing money in case game failed at release. And it worked. Since it was beta, you couldn't really ask for a refund since they would tell you game isn't yet released and its a pre-order, and once the game finally released, it was most often too late to ask for refund.

In other words, they made people pay for their beta.

Originally posted by raff01

Originally posted by gracefield

Because they offered closed beta access if you pre-bought the game, thus securing money in case game failed at release. And it worked. Since it was beta, you couldn't really ask for a refund since they would tell you game isn't yet released and its a pre-order, and once the game finally released, it was most often too late to ask for refund.

In other words, they made people pay for their beta.

You didn't have to buy the game for Open Beta. Closed Beta, don't quiet a few games give you access if you pre-order? I don't think that's something new. Although you've spinned the whole 'securing money in case game failed at release.' You don't know anything about that. I'd say they had players buy the game to help fund the development.

That is an epic thread.  The best part is the quote from a person with access to the secret Patriarch's forum:

Old Today, 15:35

pockets vbmenu_register("postmenu_997576", true);

Infractions: 1/0 (0)

Oh and Tizio you are right the game is doing very well and all the bugs on the list are lies...

lol

Thats why almost every major guild leader in the Patriarch forum has said we are almost done and we can not make our guys play any longer fix it or we are leaving.

STEALING YOUR HARD EARNED LEWTS SINCE '95'

pockets is offline Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Or the arguments that you can't call the game a "shost town" because there are 5-15 people in towns during primetime...

Remember.. every single post in that forum is from a subscriber who is currently paying to play the game. 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JohnnyAddJohnnyAdd Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

That is an epic thread.  The best part is the quote from a person with access to the secret Patriarch's forum:

Old Today, 15:35

pockets vbmenu_register("postmenu_997576", true);

Oh and Tizio you are right the game is doing very well and all the bugs on the list are lies...

lol

Thats why almost every major guild leader in the Patriarch forum has said we are almost done and we can not make our guys play any longer fix it or we are leaving.

pockets is offline Report Post

Or the arguments that you can't call the game a "shost town" because there are 5-15 people in towns during primetime...

Remember.. every single post in that forum is from a subscriber who is currently paying to play the game. 

They erased Pockets list, but here is the retort by one of the forum fans, basically saying every bug is still in.

Send a message via MSN to Tizio Send a message via Skype™ to Tizio

Quote:

Originally Posted by pockets View Post

Well Tizio I am waiting for you to tell me which of the bugs on my list are lies.

Also I am in the Patriarch forum I see what they are saying.

Now I just attempted to pvp. I pulled my bow. The first 2 arrows didn't shoot. Got close switched to sword. Guess what the sword is invisible and can not be used.

Yup you are right no bugs.

Insta Logging is still here after 5 attempts to fix it. Don't know what you mean, if there is a hack for insta logout or something else, but if someone crash they remain in game, the only problem is that if you crash on a mount you still move.

You crash now watching someone mount a horse. Not true, you crash targetting someone mount a horse, we all knwo of this bug, just don't click TAB.

Bows sometimes shoot arrows. Yes, hoping that today they fix it, Henrik said that there is a imporatnt patch today for archers

You crash attacking a MOB marked creature sometimes. Mhm, never happened to me, so I don't know. maybe really rare

Spear is the only weapon in the game with a special move. And? what you expected that in 1week of work they added 523.523 new special move? Just have patence

Houses and Keeps are very buggy. Don't know, In the last week I was in my keep, I have build a house with other 20 people. Don't know wich bug you are speaking.

Duping. (well not new been here since beta) They are still banning for this and the last exploit was fixed. You know a new one? why don't talk with a dev?

Invisible pets that can kill you and not make their handler go grey. It's like a exploit, hopefull they fix it

Invisible people killing you. never happened

People in the same guild as you not showing up as they should. Sometimes, hopeful they fix it

People you are at war with sometimes the correct flag color. Don't know

When you loot someone you are at war with you go grey and can be guard whacked. Don't know

Lag, Instability. Lag? some little lag spikes, 200-300ping I think and somedays the server is up for 10-12hours.

Offline mode multiple times a day. Yes, just make something else or be patience

No 24/7 gm support sometimes you are stuck you may be waiting for hours. Don't know, when I call a GM for unstuck me it comes everytime in 5-10min

No economy to speak of. There is economy, I still see people selling and buyng in the major city and I buy somethink too.

Campfires (that can be stacked to block doors or make walls. yes

Towns that are ghost towns. Wtf? no, Vadda, Fabernum and meduli is still full of people. When I was at Fabernum 3-4 days ago I have count 40people.

MortalItalia.com Italian Fansite!

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Pockets is in Prophecy per his IRC tag.

Originally posted by PyrateLV

He doesnt have access to the Patriarch forums. He isnt even in a guild.

Old Yesterday, 16:11

pockets vbmenu_register("postmenu_997608", true);

Well Tizio I am waiting for you to tell me which of the bugs on my list are lies.

Now I just attempted to pvp. I pulled my bow. The first 2 arrows didn't shoot. Got close switched to sword. Guess what the sword is invisible and can not be used.

pockets is online now Report Post

As you can see.. he has access to the Patriarchs Forum.. and if you actually read the thread you would see that he is in Prophecy which is confirmed by multiple people.. including Prophecy folks.  Perhaps you did not know this?

I take it that you dont have accesss to the Patriarch's Forum?

You can look at the arguments beingmade by people like Shinzon of AI that used to have a guild of 100 or more.  He argues the world is not empty cause there are "5-15 people per town".  There are 7 towns.  So server population is now 35 - 100 people.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by JohnnyAdd

You can look at the arguments beingmade by people like Shinzon of AI that used to have a guild of 100 or more.  He argues the world is not empty cause there are "5-15 people per town".  There are 7 towns.  So server population is now 35 - 100 people.

You can also find a recent post saying Shinzon hasn't even played lately except to check out the southern isles on a donkey. i play every night and in the towns I go to there are plenty more than 15 people. So basically, he is wrong based on my observations.

Originally posted by ltank

Originally posted by JohnnyAdd

You can also find a recent post saying Shinzon hasn't even played lately except to check out the southern isles on a donkey. i play every night and in the towns I go to there are plenty more than 15 people. So basically, he is wrong based on my observations.

Really?? Isn't Shinzon a leader of AI, the (at least at one time) largest guild in MO?  If he isn't playing, that says a lot in itself.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by PyrateLV

He doesnt have access to the Patriarch forums. He isnt even in a guild.

Old Yesterday, 16:11

pockets vbmenu_register("postmenu_997608", true);

pockets is online now Report Post

As you can see.. he has access to the Patriarchs Forum.. and if you actually read the thread you would see that he is in Prophecy which is confirmed by multiple people.. including Prophecy folks.  Perhaps you did not know this?

I take it that you dont have accesss to the Patriarch's Forum?

Hmm. Didnt know he joined Prophecy.

Last I remember he was unguilded.

No I dont have access as Im not in a guild.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Well, I was just log in and there was many people in little Moh-Ki, many more than I have seen the last weeks. I see more people everywhere. It seams like many more play MO now.

I bet it's the last two patches that have made more people playing. Lots of nice feats have arrived lately. Every week SV patch in new feats and content and improvements. The game is improves pretty rapidly now. 

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

This thread has swayed far from the original topic. 

Locked.

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.