Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got beta

lordhalolordhalo Member Posts: 3

Really excited for this game, i really like eve but I could never get into ships. and am a huge mech fan and have always wanted a mech based MMO.  Just thought i'd share, anyone else get a invite?

Comments

• ChurchillTChurchillT Member Posts: 59

I've been in a while and those of you used to Mech Warrior and such might find it's less of a Mech game and more of a robot game. There are only two levels of mechs and much bigger things to come.

Pretty good game with the usual nice group of beta testers. Developers that listen is a nice feature of this game.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Originally posted by ChurchillT

I've been in a while and those of you used to Mech Warrior and such might find it's less of a Mech game and more of a robot game. There are only two levels of mechs and much bigger things to come.

Pretty good game with the usual nice group of beta testers. Developers that listen is a nice feature of this game.

Where did you get "only two levels of mechs" from?  There are Light Mechs, Assault Mechs and Mechs all over the game.  They somehow lack a "massive" feel when moving around, but that's a very minor niggle.  There's more customisation and skill options in Perpetuum than I ever found in any other mech-type game, which I really like.

The Devs are very good indeed, yes - sociable, informative and very nice at helping restore a mech that was destroyed due to a lag spike or crash. 

• FishMGFishMG Member Posts: 2

I have been in the beta for a few weeks now and really like it.  Eve was interesting, but I think one of the big elements I like with a ground based game is there is much more strategy involved.  You are not just shooting everyone in range across open space.  You actually have to take terrain into account and passable terrain is different based on the size/type of bot you are running in. 

So I think due to that key factor, the combat is much more interesting.

Semper Fi

FishMG
    www.militarygaming.net

• ChurchillTChurchillT Member Posts: 59

*Sigh*

There are two classes of Mechs "Mechs" and "Heavy Mechs" The rest are "Light Robots" and "Assault Robots".

Granted that a Mech can be "Mecha, also known as meka or mechs, are a broad genre of walking vehicles which are usually controlled by a pilot. Mecha often appearing in anime, science fiction, or other genres involving a fantastic or futuristic element."

Mining robots use tracks and harvesting robots use wheels. The rest have legs in either 2, 4, 6 or 8's. I guess I just get annoyed when people say "Perpetuum is a Mech game! Why do the mechs not feel like mechs. D:" they're called robots in the game, it's a robopedia (On the website).. They are robots. :(

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by ChurchillT

*Sigh*

There are two classes of Mechs "Mechs" and "Heavy Mechs" The rest are "Light Robots" and "Assault Robots".

Granted that a Mech can be "Mecha, also known as meka or mechs, are a broad genre of walking vehicles which are usually controlled by a pilot. Mecha often appearing in anime, science fiction, or other genres involving a fantastic or futuristic element."

Mining robots use tracks and harvesting robots use wheels. The rest have legs in either 2, 4, 6 or 8's. I guess I just get annoyed when people say "Perpetuum is a Mech game! Why do the mechs not feel like mechs. D:" they're called robots in the game, it's a robopedia (On the website).. They are robots. :(

i hope that was the most nerdish you can type, cause if you got something more nerdish than that i'd call you a neard my friend.