Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game has improved!

RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Honestly, if the premise of a post-apocolyptic world interests you at all, then by all means, give this game a shot. I played it Beta and early launch.. Yes it was very buggy. Recently my guild moved from Age of Conan to Falllen Earth and we are having a blast. This is one of the few games out on the market that reminds of pre-SOE SWG. It's a diamond in the rough.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers, try it yourself.

http://forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php?t=40362

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comments

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Ragana

Honestly, if the premise of a post-apocolyptic world interests you at all, then by all means, give this game a shot. I played it Beta and early launch.. Yes it was very buggy. Recently my guild moved from Age of Conan to Falllen Earth and we are having a blast. This is one of the few games out on the market that reminds of pre-SOE SWG. It's a diamond in the rough.

Btw are you in a corp called Vendi Vini Vici in EvE? :)

Cuz my corp tends to blow up a lot of Vendi Vini Vici members in EvE lol.. >.> You guys might of even hired a merc group to war dec us too.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• celee2222celee2222 Member Posts: 123

Erm sorry to ruin your post mate but SOE have always been developing SWG

You mean PRE CU SWG right?

And yes fallen earth is much better now apart from the fact we STILL have no player towns or housing

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Funny thing is, that's exactly what people at launch were saying in game, reminded them of pre CU SWG in a way and is was a diamond in the rough, I guess not much has improved then if that's still the feeling, that diamond should have been polished somewhat by now.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by celee2222

And yes fallen earth is much better now apart from the fact we STILL have no player towns or housing

Was that promised to players? Just curious - I really like fallen earth, but I haven't followed it much. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234

acutally player housing and stuff is coming in soon according to the state of the game post from the devs. So isn't open world pvp you can flag yourself for it. But my problem with the game is still way to much focus on crafting. I don't want to craft. I start out crafting till about lvl 8 than it becomes a bore. The loot i'm getting is still way below my level compared to what i crafted myself at like level 4. And i don't want to continue crafting crafting crafting. 

Though i do agree when player housing and the ability to attack player cities is in it will be a lot like the old swg except filled with quests. 

• The_Elder_CLOWNThe_Elder_CLOWN Member Posts: 57

If you ever enjoyed UO or SWG (pre-cu) there is a good chance you may like Fallen Earth.

M M O S S I N C E |1998|
    P L A Y I N G F A L L E N E A R T H
    T I M E I N V E S T E D |uo|swg|wow|fe|
    B E T A T E S T E R |rz|tr|hgl|potbs|potc|gw|hz|wish|fe|wow|df|war|allods|cog|lu|
    w w w . c l o w n g u i l d . o r g

• FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

player housing and stuff is coming in soon according to the state of the game post

Er, no.  What they said was, it's being worked on, for 'someday'.  'Soon' is really, really unlikely.  A year from now, maybe.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I payed the game in Beta and it was very rough.I played because I loved the concept of the game..faction conflict and the crafting.I just haven't looked for a while...because because. I'll have to take another look.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

can you melee from horseback yet? when i played you couldnt - kinda odd you could shoot from horseback, but couldnt melee.

about when i left people were still 'faction spinning' - are factions choices more *permanent* in nature now?

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Fedacorr

player housing and stuff is coming in soon according to the state of the game post

Er, no.  What they said was, it's being worked on, for 'someday'.  'Soon' is really, really unlikely.  A year from now, maybe.

Housing is another topic of great discussion. This is something we would very much like to see in the game—this hasn’t changed. The camp system is the gateway into the housing system and we will be working to bring that system closer to fruition. We want to make sure it meets expectations, so we will be taking our time on it to ensure quality.

That doesn't even sound likely a year from now from my perspective.  "taking our time on it"

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

It's a diamond in the rough.....

Too rough for my tastes unfortunately. The main thing that I couldn't get past was the bad, clunky char. animations. Are they updating that at all?

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by celee2222

That's what I meant, thanks sir!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I downloaded the trial and only lasted a week of playing. The game is well done to be sure but the combat was a big turnoff for me. The crafting as well was nothing like I expected, its basically gather all your mats and click a button. It didnt give me a sense of accomplishment whatsoever.

Its a decent game if you enjoy a pve focused MMO to end-game pvp and can look past some of its flaws but as it stands now I cant see myself enjoying combat enough to keep me interested unfortionately.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Originally posted by Fedacorr

Housing is another topic of great discussion. This is something we would very much like to see in the game—this hasn’t changed. The camp system is the gateway into the housing system and we will be working to bring that system closer to fruition. We want to make sure it meets expectations, so we will be taking our time on it to ensure quality.

That doesn't even sound likely a year from now from my perspective.  "taking our time on it"

The Devs have also said, on numerous occasions, that Housing is on the back burner behind Sector 4 and Faction Fixes.

They said in the SOTG that Sector 4 will be worked on and released in parts over the next year witht he first peice coming out November and the last peice coming out approximately Nov 2011.  So it stands to reason that we will not see housing before Nov 2011 or maybe later; as they still need to fit in the Faction Fixes.

So yes a year or TWO before we see housing I'd guess...

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The only new thing mentioned I noticed is a dye system. One that lets you dye all armour, instead of it being fixed in recipes. The rest is just a rehash of what has been said months ago before the reorganisation.

Ive cancelled my subscription when that happened and am now keeping an eye on state of the game posts and updates, to see if the updates reach the same speed again like before the reorganisation. Im not making the same mistake again like with Vanguard, where I waited for 6 months for certain fixes and then got fed up with waiting.

Originally posted by someforumguy Im not making the same mistake again like with Vanguard, where I waited for 6 months for certain fixes and then got fed up with waiting.

Same here.

Played Vanguard from Launch till PoTA waiting for fixes that would never come.

I'd like to expect more from the FE Devs but they will have to prove to me that they are better than that before they gain my sub back.

Honestly guys, don't take someone elses word for it. Like I said, our clan moved from Age of Conan to FE so if you are looking for an adult-only community (full of FE newbies) then take a look.

http://friendlyfiregaming.net/topic/3581654/1/#new

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Honestly guys, don't take someone elses word for it. Like I said, our clan moved from Age of Conan to FE so if you are looking for an adult-only community (full of FE newbies) then take a look.

just FYI not saying it's a bad game; just saying that at max level at the moment there is nothing to do.

And wont be anything to do for 5 months at the earliest.

And housing and other fun stuff wont be in game for a year or two at the soonest.

So if you want an engame or housing or meaningful factions; then I'd pass.

The game pre-45 is a lot of fun though

Originally posted by darkbladed

just FYI not saying it's a bad game; just saying that at max level at the moment there is nothing to do.

And wont be anything to do for 5 months at the earliest.

And housing and other fun stuff wont be in game for a year or two at the soonest.

So if you want an engame or housing or meaningful factions; then I'd pass.

The game pre-45 is a lot of fun though

While that is an issue that I agree with, numerous clans in the game have been active since launch and they find things to do. RP is very possible in this game, along with alts, PvP, etc.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

RP is possible but it would be MUCH easier if they gave us the tools we needed; including housing.

PVP is somewhat dead and has turned into bloodsports farming faction groups and sploits.

and it should never be a playstyle to just repeat the game on alts.

The story is the same each time you go through (more or less).

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

It's a diamond in the rough.

Please...the devs screwed up the game.  Its a kernal of corn in a pike of dung.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

I just came back to FE like 2 weeks ago and wow what a difference.  Animations are way better, color palette is way better, way more content, the exploits from release are all gone ( though i suspect people found new ones ), new PvP ( Blood Sports).  I feel liek I just scratched the surfac with this game.

Loving it

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Well, this game is decent.

However, the lack of news about housing and player city makes me starting to lose a lot of interest and patience.

Sorry Fallen Earth you are long way from being around the level of Pre-CU SWG that everyone loves

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Dolmong

Well, this game is decent.

However, the lack of news about housing and player city makes me starting to lose a lot of interest and patience.

Sorry Fallen Earth you are long way from being around the level of Pre-CU SWG that everyone loves

They have said many times housing is on the way but I don't recall anything about player run cities and there is no official comment on it ever that I can find...

Are you setting yourself up to be disappointed?

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Yea all i've read was that houseing was on the way soon.. No where did it say you'd be able to actually battle for the territory or if it'd be faction run.. That might be the direction they'll eventually wanna take it but if housing is the only reason some of you are sticking around (which by the sounds of it i'am guessing thats a few of you; god knows why) then you're prolly gonna be disapointed and wanting to sub out for a while.. I for one don't see what the big deal of owning a house is lol.. And by the time i actually get to S3 i'am sure S4 will be comeing out..

But yeah this game is defiantly growing.. There was like 200 ppl in an event in S1 today lol.. and i saw tons of people while runnin thru embry.. and it's a sunday night..

I for one am having no problem finding thins to do and am enjoying the game more so then i did any MMO before it.. No MMO actually sucked me in at such a low lvl; usually i'am worried about hitting max lvl to get into end-game pvp; but with Fallen Earth i'am actually enjoying the pve.. Other mmos couldnt grab me with their crafting but i find myself going around and collecting as much scrap as i can in FE.. The only thing that sucks is i have to go to work tommarow and cant stay up playin all night again heh.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta