Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey guys.

SwinbanksSwinbanks Member Posts: 38

I know there has been millions of these threads but i just want a bit reasurrance.

Whats your thoughts on this comp i have just bought (just waiting on it to be delivered) and how well do u think it will run FF14 ie medium max etc etc with enough framerate etc in busy areas to give me no issues.

AMD Phenom X4 955 3.2gig processor Black Edition.

8gig DDR2 800mhz ram

Gtx460 1gig GFX card

windows 7 64biit.

Any feedback woulds be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• VxarVxar Member Posts: 58

Build it and run the FFXIV Benchmark Test, that's going to be the best indicator since no one knows what the real specs will be or how it'll run.

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by Swinbanks

I know there has been millions of these threads but i just want a bit reasurrance.

Whats your thoughts on this comp i have just bought (just waiting on it to be delivered) and how well do u think it will run FF14 ie medium max etc etc with enough framerate etc in busy areas to give me no issues.

AMD Phenom X4 955 3.2gig processor Black Edition.

8gig DDR2 800mhz ram

Gtx460 1gig GFX card

windows 7 64biit.

Any feedback woulds be much appreciated.

Cheers.

That should run it very well.  If it is not a prebuilt and your building it yourself I would suggest faster ram.

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

True dat. It would be better to skimp on the amount of ram than the quality. Go with DDR3 if at all possible.

• VoltlivesVoltlives Member Posts: 280

Very solid environment for FFXIV to run from what I have read and seen.  I would say if we are using WIndows 7 and the scores on the benchmark aren't what you were expecting, there is a great site to help configure 7 when using heavy graphics to get the best out of your system.  You will be pleasently surprised with some of them.

http://www.computingunleashed.com/speed-up-windows-7-ultimate-guide-to.html

Best of luck and see you in September!

END OF LINE_

~V

• ArmaniDemonArmaniDemon Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Disdena

True dat. It would be better to skimp on the amount of ram than the quality. Go with DDR3 if at all possible.

He's looking at a whole new AM3 board to support DDR3.

OP should get some DDR2 1066. It wouldn't break the bank at all either.

• MariouzMariouz Member Posts: 186

Agree on the faster RAM, while DDR3 does not really give you that much of an advantage yet, I would do the 1066vs800. I had a similar set up with RAM 8 gigs of 800 with Win7 64, not as fast a processor or gfx card but still the set up runs well, upgraded to the 1066 and it ran much smoother.

Thanks for the link!

• tooga123tooga123 Member UncommonPosts: 113

That system should run ffxiv without any problems. I agree with the rest of the people here to get 1066 ram, but with those specs you should run even the toughest games out right now and since ffxiv isnt even dx10 i wouldnt worry about it.

also on a side note square will likely be doing alot of tweaks and tune ups to fully optimize the game so I expect anyone with a current gen video card and a decent cpu will be running the game great at higher settings.

• SwinbanksSwinbanks Member Posts: 38

Thanx for all the replys and feedback guys appreciate it.

Ill keep the 1066 in mind for when i get some more cash together ill prolly upgrade to that down the line, always reasurring though to know that the current rig should run it np.

Cheers again.