Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release!

eldareldar Member Posts: 108

When does the Beta Weekend Event begin? UPDATED!

The next Beta Weekend Event will start at Midnight Pacific (08:00 GMT) on Saturday, December 4th. Please watch www.guildwars.com for more information. Future starting dates include January 8th and February 5th.

Obviously mmorpg.com has the date wrong if they are going to have a beta event on the 5th. However they never say anymore dates past that......hmmmmmmmmm ::::28::

RabidEldar
----------------------------
God: "Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket."
Bender: "Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!"
God: "Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

RabidEldar

Comments

• stsestse Member Posts: 34

Actually, if you have pre ordered the game, you will play the betas on the 4th of December weekend and the January 8th weekend. The game will be released on Feb 1st according to Electronic Boutique, or is this only for those that pre ordered it? That is what I am wondering. But there should not be any betas in feb as the game should have been released.

Yeah, then I am guessing that the information posted from mmorpg is off and inaccurate. But can't really blame them. Maybe this is some old information that hasn't been updated and is in the process of being updated as we speak .::::01::

Anyway, can't wait for the beta weekend for this week of December 4th. w00t.

It's not a bug in the software, it's a feature =).

• ForodwaithForodwaith Member Posts: 21

I wonder ...is there any OPEN BETA or not...because we`ve seen the OPEN ALPHA on WPE !

Someone have info about that ?

<br><br><br>
    <font color="black">

• SpiderVenomSpiderVenom Member Posts: 31

The MMORPG.com dates are not worng, they are totally correct. There is going to be a Weekend event on January 8th and "February 5th". And you can check this by your self at  http://www.guildwars.com/events/faq.html , so its official and obvious that there is no release before February 5th.

There is no date for reallease yet, they only said that is going to be in early 2005, but obviously not before February 5th. You can check this at http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html

Well, C U and have a nice War image

• ForodwaithForodwaith Member Posts: 21

oooh man, what have you done to me??...i was hoping that the release date this time would be real...the last was on 1/10/2004 just on my birthday...but it wasn`t.

And you didn`t answer my question will there be a Open Beta ??any information ? image

• eldareldar Member Posts: 108

They will have an open beta. They have stated it in their FAQ. They are not sure when or at what time its going to happen or how long its going to last for that matter. My assumption which could be completely wrong! is.......

They will do beta weekends on Feb. After all the beta weekends have been concluded they will do open beta in Feb. At the end of Feb the game will open to the public.

Just a guess. I have no proof to back up what i am saying.

RabidEldar
    God: "Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket."
    Bender: "Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!"
    God: "Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

RabidEldar

• prym8prym8 Member Posts: 3

The Guild Wars website Beta Weekend section states that there will be another weekend in early Jan and another in early Feb... Guild Wars Beta Information

I would hazzard a guess that you are right in thinking that the Jan one will be closed and the Feb one will be open to encourage people to buy it when it's released in Feb (?)