Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good are Assassins in PVP ? Looking for a Good PVP class..

ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

Hi

I went with Asmo, now i need to find a Good PVP class ?   How are Assassin?

Would i be better with a Ranger?  Templar Or Assassin?

Thanks for any infor you can offer!

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

its been a rather long time since I played, but Im considering reactivating.

Back in the day...Rangers were like slot machines. Sometimes you hit extremely hard and 3 shot your opponent and sometimes it took forever to kill someone as your dmg was on the low end. This may have changed in the past 8 months or so, but was how it was back then.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

A sign of a good pvp game is that the classes perform equally well.  So either all classes are good at pvp, or the game is badly balanced.

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

its been a rather long time since I played, but Im considering reactivating.

Back in the day...Rangers were like slot machines. Sometimes you hit extremely hard and 3 shot your opponent and sometimes it took forever to kill someone as your dmg was on the low end. This may have changed in the past 8 months or so, but was how it was back then.

I played a Cleric on Aion, with a full Magic Boost set for Leveling / Random pvp encounters "Full +HP set for Raids / group play"

Whenever coming across rangers I never really had a problem I could handle my own, apart from when the odd lucky Stun then silence would land, constantly spamming it on me, now I can heal and do considerable DPS but I'd mostly always lose...

But now I read something about all classes having the abillity to be able to Remove stun effects? I think it's gonna nerf Rangers / Chanters who really rely on stun.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Well clerics well played were always damn near impossible to kill heh. Late game with their magic resist they were practically untouchable unless you got like 4 people on them or burned DP abilities.

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Assassins are pretty good early to mid game but they kinda lose their luster end game , However Sins are by far the best rifting class if you just wanted to gear one out and leave it at 35 and perma rift , Thats where they really shine

Clerics mid to end game if you run a ( magic resist ) build are pretty much unkillable , Rather boring to play IMO though

Templars are very fun , good at pvp and you will rarely have a hard time finding a group to do the end game stuff.

Gladiators to me are the most fun class i've ever played , 40+ with a few friends are pvp monsters .. Solo with the right gear can be pretty hard to take down and they hit like a train

Chanters technically a gladiator that hits like a wet noodle and has to spam heal themselves to do anything in pvp .. I got one to 38 but i had to delete it before I bashed my face through my monitor outta shear boredom.

SM is a very fun and easy class and is pretty good at pvp .. they don't really have the raw dps as some classes but can control them through fear ( Can almost perma fear players to death )

Sorc is amazing but requires a bit of practice to master .. long cast times on most skills drives me nuts but vs warriors and healers they win with ease. Sorcs also have a 4k dp skill that nearly 1 shots a 10k hp gladiator and a 2k dp that 2 shots most players. Thanks to a long 1h CD it doesn't happen very often lol.

Ranger probably the most versitile class in game with lots of pvp tools at their disposal can easily dominate casters / most healers and some glads/temps. Also very good rifting characters probably the 2nd most enjoyable class in game to me.  their only real drawback is Lottery damage on Stunning shot ( 33% chance of hitting for 2x dmg on stunning and rupture shot ) Still amazing though.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

rangers are nice and easy sort of class. one of the easiest to level because you can solo elites higher then yourself. in pvp they have grait dps and are THE BEST class to rift with, bar none. only assasins are close to as much fun as you can have rifting with a ranger. this is your standard ranger class with dps from afar, slows, traps, a timed stealth. very fun alltogether and very fun a solo pvp class. is very deadly in the Abyss and in all sorts of pvp.

templar are the least fun of the 3 you mentioned in pvp. they are impossible to kill but they also have very crappy damage. wile it will take you forever to level one alone it's the most wanted class for groups. so if you like running dungeons this is the class for you. not so much for pvp. you wont kill anyone.

assasins are very fun in pvp and extremely good to solo level. they have a ton of dps but you have to get close to do any damage. this can be a little challenging in large scale pvp. in 1v1 they are awesome and they are a ton of fun to rift with. they are frustrating to pvp with in the abyss since a lot of attacks require precice positioning and screwing up one kind of screws up a whole chian of attaks. when your opponent is flying all over the place it can get pretty frustrating when your backstabs keep saying "must be behind target". i'd like to point out that most mele classes are a bit of a disadvantage because of this in the Abyss. it's a well documented problem for all mele. casters and ranged dps have it so much easier in the Abyss.

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

templar are the least fun of the 3 you mentioned in pvp. they are impossible to kill but they also have very crappy damage. wile it will take you forever to level one alone it's the most wanted class for groups. so if you like running dungeons this is the class for you. not so much for pvp. you wont kill anyone.

I have to dissagree with you on this as I've leveled with templars and rifted with them a lot.

A Mace templar 45+ puts out very good dps ( magic smash build )

Greatsword templars ( full greatsword build using punishment and breakpower ) are dps monsters , I seen a templar kill a cleric in 1 rotation before the cleric could even react and the only heal they managed to get off was the insta and it was pretty much useless at that point. 

At 46 with the platinum coin or 45 expert greatsword Templars can hit mobs for nearly 4k on punishment and breakpower , My Gladiator can't even do that without using berserking ( 80% dmg buff ) , With Slaughter on I can sometimes crit players for 2k - 2.5k , I had a templar hit me for that much with no %pvp dmg weapon / jewelry or buff.

Temps if played correctly can kill you fast.

Examples -

PVE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MkoB3ZeA6I&feature=PlayList&p=1E0FB32416118469&playnext=1&index=2

Pvp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMph-9k3mIY