Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is..

Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Freaking epic!! :)

I held off on Fallen Earth for so damn long.. I had been watching the game years before it was ever released, drooling over the concept of a post apocolyptic MMO setting.. Then when it silentley hit store shelfs i was wrapped up with other MMO's like AION i sorta jus forgot about it.. Now almost a year and half later i decided to download it after downloading a lot of other trials for games (AoC, WAR, WoW, EvE, ect) and i've been hooked ever since..

As soon as i got to the tutorial i knew this game was what i was lookin for.. Then after i actually got into the wastes and started scavageing items it just re-assured me that this was the game for me! It's got such a gritty feeling to it, and the story-line is actually intrigueing and original.. Needless to say yesterday only a few days after playing the game i rushed down to Game Stop to purchase a copy of FE; and much to my surprise they actually had the game and not only did it have the game it had the actual Fallen Earth: Blood Sports game + 60 day free trial + Prarie Chicken Mount (freaking epic mount that has hella inventory) all for $20, which i'd have to say is prolly the best video game purchase ever for me..

IDk it's just nice to see a game that dosn't hold you're hand every step of the way.. One that's actually got a helpfull comunnity with it (this game is pretty much tied with EvE on that.) And best of all the ammount of GM's avaliable thru chat.. I had a problem registering my 60 day trial (remember if you register you're game useing the Game Stop purchased game that the O's are actually Q's!!) so i hopped on and asked for help on the help channel and within seconds a dev helped me out with the problem..

I guess i'am jus makeing this thread to help me vent some of my happieness.. :) hopefully ill see some of ya' wastes sometime soon!

Currently Playing:
Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Comments

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Wow 60 days for buying a copy? I didn't know that.

I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, just started the trial.. (servers are down as I'm typing this though Q_Q) I adore how helpful everyone is... I have already learned a lot as a noob from the help of the GMs and players.. only thing I'm annoyed about as a newbie so far is the amount of time it takes to craft. Now I have only crafted one item so far, but it took 2 minutes for the one item. I don't know if it takes longer the more items you craft or what, but not a fan of tabbing out to do something else while crafting, personally. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• tunaman44tunaman44 Member Posts: 14

The game is good.... the spell animations completly ruin it for me

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Aeroangel

I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, just started the trial.. (servers are down as I'm typing this though Q_Q) I adore how helpful everyone is... I have already learned a lot as a noob from the help of the GMs and players.. only thing I'm annoyed about as a newbie so far is the amount of time it takes to craft. Now I have only crafted one item so far, but it took 2 minutes for the one item. I don't know if it takes longer the more items you craft or what, but not a fan of tabbing out to do something else while crafting, personally. 

You do know that your crafting will continue while you get on with doing something else in the game? No need to wait, get your crafting queue set up and carry on questing.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Glad you enjoy the game, OP!  I just got a 2 week welcome back, so I'm gonna see what works been done...

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Haha yeah the main reason im posting this is cuz the servers are down and i got a hour to kill before work lol.. Hopefully by the time i get off servers will be back up.. And yeah the ammount to craft items is some-what longer then usual (i've crafted quite a few items and most take 45sec-2mins to make but some up to 25m+ if you're makeing a kit n such) but it's a trade off since you can do pretty much whatever you want while crafting.. Which is something, unlike you, i actually like lol.. I hated being stuck in one place crafting like in WoW and AION.. Now i can actually play the game when crafting instead of watching tv lol..

:) yeah if you like the game i'd go to game stop and purchase it.. the 60 free days defiantly makes it worth it.. that's a $30 value right there.. Then the game usually cost $20-40.. So pretty much $50-70 value for the price of $20 + you get the prairie chicken mount lol.. I'am glad i went to game stop when i did cuz this was the last copy there, and the lady said ever since they bought em on sale they've been saleing a lot of copys.. So from what i've seen so far this game is still growing; and the developers are still releasing a steady stream of content (with patch 1.5 or 1.6 bringing some much needed pvp + new sections) that not even bigger developers can keep up with.. I think this game will be like EvE, a sleeper hit the first year or two it's released, but slowly gaining more and more subs.. I'am guessing by this time next year this game will be extremley polished and have a steady ammount of subscripers.. ^_^ atleast those are my hopes!

Currently Playing:

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Originally posted by tunaman44

The game is good.... the spell animations completly ruin it for me

I also found the combat abit lacking personally. I'd be playing FE for the pvp so I'm sure its worth my time quite yet. 

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Agree with the OP wholeheartedly.

FE is well worth the price of admission and the monthly fee, it is one of the best games on the market currently (imho) and if more people would give it a fair shake I suspect they might find something they enjoy within it.

Thanks for posting your experiences/opinions OP :)

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Originally posted by Kost

FE is well worth the price of admission and the monthly fee, it is one of the best games on the market currently (imho) and if more people would give it a fair shake I suspect they might find something they enjoy within it.

What is it about the combat that people like? Shotting guns is fun but melee to me was a fairly big turn off. Am I missing something?

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by EvilGeek

You do know that your crafting will continue while you get on with doing something else in the game? No need to wait, get your crafting queue set up and carry on questing.

Ah hah! I didn't know that! That turns my frustration upside down and inside out, I *love* that concept! 

So I guess I love this game, just hoping that I will be able to group up with other people to do things in this game, because one of the biggest complaints I've heard was that the game ended up feeling like a solo player game?

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Ethian

Originally posted by Kost

What is it about the combat that people like? Shotting guns is fun but melee to me was a fairly big turn off. Am I missing something?

The combat for me is something refreshing.. I guess i'am so used to WAR/AION/WoW/AoC/ECT's combat; which is all pretty much lock on and hit hotkeys.. TBH i'am sorta leanin more towards melee as i find it's one of the better "melee" combat systems out there, as in you actually have to aim for certain body parts (like headshotting) AND you also get a wide-selection of hot-keys.. I enjoy the shooting combat too (i play the game in 3rd person) atm i'am playing a dual pistol char who i plan on makeing a traveler; but the zip guns that i have really suck atm.. But i'am already getting pretty close to being able to actually craft myself a real pistol; which i'am assumeing will make killing things a lot easier lol.. That's a lot of stuff you don't really do in many other MMO's; atleast none that i know of..

But, tbh the most unique battle system has to go to EvE... :) man it's engageing lol

Currently Playing: