Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO f2p beta key

124»

Comments

• elrawenelrawen Member UncommonPosts: 2

well it's still until 6 august for this.

• x_cutionerx_cutioner Member Posts: 15

Yup they have 2500 to send out just from this site. There are probably even more to go out. It will take some time.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by jommybgood

I don't believe anyone has received them. I won the contest as well and have not received it. Just wait lol

Ditto on that. I also won, but still haven't seen anything. I just checked in because I was curious. Good to see I'm not the only one still waiting on that key.

• NaokNaok Member Posts: 79

Same as everyone else.

On the bright side: we only have 3 days left to wait! :)

The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best - and therefore never scrutinize or question.

• razadenrazaden Member Posts: 3

Yeah I am still waiting but they did say if you don't have it by the 6th of Aug then you need to contact them.

• starollestarolle Member Posts: 7

Just got my beta invitation key :D

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Won a key in the comp here as well. The invite came in just a few minuites ago.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

i am still waiting but i do still have some time :P

i did win it here

• RockyRocketsRockyRockets Member UncommonPosts: 70

I've got the beta key :D

I just got my key 30 minutes ago see you guys on tonight!

lol to all you ppl pissed about it taking so long to receive a key (myself deffinately included) I'm sorry but this won't help matters this is under the beta key in the email

"There may be a delay of up to 48 hours between applying your Beta key to a new or existing account, and access to log in to the Beta game client"

DAAAAAMN! I'll try it out in an hour when i get off work and let you all know if there is a delay or not.

• Silas89Silas89 Member Posts: 4

I've got my beta key too :)

Little question: I have a codemaster-account (I am from europe). Do I have to create a turbine-account too?

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Got it,downloading it now! :D thank you turbine!

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by trancejeremy

For the life of me, I don't get why so many current players are just so darned desperate to play in the beta.

It's the same game you've been played for years, but with a cash shop. Whee!

Except for the new content, which you will be doing all over again when it actually goes live. Why can't you just wait?

This whole thing is very silly, I hate how betas have become mere marketing gimimcks. At least it's understandable when people who haven't played it sign up. But existing players, I just don't get the appeal.

Haha Kind of harsh but I agree I re subbed when they announced the free to play and will probably stay subbed after it goes f2p but I don't see what the rush in seeing the "bastardization" is.  The biggest difference is going to be a cash shop button especially for those staying subbed.  Otherwise I suspect those who are subbed will not see much beyond whatever new content there is which I am unsure of because it's really not that important to me.  I'm really not against the move to the f2p model it is only an option and I am never going to stand against options but beta testing is supposed to be about more than getting to play the game which makes it work and I play video games for fun not work and they aren't letting people keep what they get in beta (nor making you lose what you already have) so it's no biggie.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

got my key and I'm downloading now, somewhat wondering if were all starting on a new server without high levels or what's going to happen in that regard.  Little worried we may be limmited in content, but I suppose it is Beta... of an already made game.

Full Sail University - Game Design

• Silas89Silas89 Member Posts: 4

lol:

Expiration Date: August 13, 2010

Does it really end then? Do you have the same date?

Originally posted by Silas89

lol:

Expiration Date: August 13, 2010

Does it really end then? Do you have the same date?

Yep, looks like we get 10 days of testing.......color me underwelmed.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

The key expires, not the beta testing.  You have to use the key before then.  Jesus guys come on....you try so hard to troll it's amazing.  You will reach for the finiest fabric of something floating in the air to shred it to pieces.

Originally posted by gauge2k3

The key expires, not the beta testing.  You have to use the key before then.  Jesus guys come on....you try so hard to troll it's amazing.  You will reach for the finiest fabric of something floating in the air to shred it to pieces.

Keep your hair on ace, If what you say is the case then I simply made a mistake. Mistakes...the surprising alternative to trolling!

• foxpreacherfoxpreacher Member Posts: 10

still not receive my beta key, what a pity ! my patience is grinded out.

TO be a epic rogue

• MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

I have just recieved mine. I can't wait to play tonight. They said if you don't get the beta key by Aug 6th, to contact Turbine support.

• StravasStravas Member Posts: 32

Finally received my beta key after waiting nearly four weeks and having to email Turbine support directly . . . of course the download client kept hanging overnight as I slept and thus awoke to find only 13% downloaded. Maybe I'll get into the game by the go live date!

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Originally posted by Bainwalker

got my key and I'm downloading now, somewhat wondering if were all starting on a new server without high levels or what's going to happen in that regard.  Little worried we may be limmited in content, but I suppose it is Beta... of an already made game.

Not sure I understand you.  Everyone in Beta is on the Bullroarer server and you'll have everything from Lvl 1's to 65's.  After following a lvl 6 to the area I wanted, my lvl 35 was farming next to a 65 last night.

As far as content, everything from the live game and more is on the Beta server.  Only limits are that you'll be looking for bugs (found 1 last night) vice just enjoying the game.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

Originally posted by MNZeba

I have just recieved mine. I can't wait to play tonight. They said if you don't get the beta key by Aug 6th, to contact Turbine support.

Oh bloody hell.

Still no key here. Guess ill wait for it to go live.

• StravasStravas Member Posts: 32

Well, finally finished the install and hit a server connection bug that I can't imagine will get fixed before the go live date . . . perhaps I'm not meant to play this game.