Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STAR TREK ONLINE WILL OWN U SWG!

Heck just look at my new avatar and signature... how can Star Trek Online not OWN Star Wars Galaxies? image

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Comments

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

We have enough problem with the Warcrafters, CoH peeps, general SOE haters, and SWG haters. Now we have Trekkies....this is going downhill fast....

Games Tried:
    Everquest (boring)
    Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
    Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
    Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
    Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad, nothing very new though)
    Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)
    WoW (not my cup of tea)

Waiting for:
    Fallen Earth (Post-apoc just rules!)

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong

We have enough problem with the Warcrafters, CoH peeps, general SOE haters, and SWG haters. Now we have Trekkies....this is going downhill fast....

"General" SOE haters ??? Let me edit that for you... "majority of gaming world"  hates SOE. There thats better...

I would have said more but you must be somewhat cool to like the fallout type genre. (also waiting for fallen earth)

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

The time has come for Trekkies to start invading the MMORPG market!

-Beam me up Scotty!

-I can't Captain, the server is lagging, and I'm in tell-hell trying to sell some new loot I got awhile ago.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

lol i find this thread very funny ::::20::

i love the comic strip

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Originally posted by admriker444
    "General" SOE haters ??? Let me edit that for you... "majority of gaming world" hates SOE. There thats better...
    I would have said more but you must be somewhat cool to like the fallout type genre. (also waiting for fallen earth)

I meant those that hate SOE in general, instead of each game specifically. Those that decide that the company is at fault in general and that their games will all be horrible.

And yea, most of the post-apocalypse games rock.

Games Tried:
    Everquest (boring)
    Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
    Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
    Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
    Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad, nothing very new though)
    Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)
    WoW (not my cup of tea)

Waiting for:
    Fallen Earth (Post-apoc just rules!)

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• ToomsTooms Member Posts: 17

Iam also looking forward for the Star Trek Game, but then again it will be released in 2006. Proberly later in 2006. So nothing to worry :)

Games playing:
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Jump to Lightspeed

Ingame name: Tooms
    Server: Eclipse
    Guild: WaTON

Want to try another MMORPG, but which one?
    Looks interesting:
    The Matrix Online
    Eve Online
    World of Warcraft
    Planetside
    Final Fantasy XI
    Anarchy Online

• ArtifacTArtifacT Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Johnark
    Heck just look at my new avatar and signature... how can Star Trek Online not OWN Star Wars Galaxies? imageimage

i should slap u ::::40:: j/k but i do see no real point to this thread.....

i dont think ill ever play star stek online ::::35:: this (SWG) is the first MMORPG ive really liked and had fun playing

Games i play ::::19::
    Star Wars Galaxies-Jump to Lightspeed (Chilastra-guild Liberation Army Naboo {LAN})
    HALO2 BABY!!!!!!::::09::

• Originally posted by Johnark
    Heck just look at my new avatar and signature... how can Star Trek Online not OWN Star Wars Galaxies? image

Hey silly, what about the gamers who will play BOTH Star Trek Online AND Star Wars Galaxies? Eh? Eh? image

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

hahahaha YES!!!!

go trekkies go!

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

/puts fortune teller hat on

ST:O will create a frenzy of interest but will eventually leave alot of players bitching at release because the game didnt deliver their expectation

The following months will see these disgruntled players telling the existing players how [insert new game here] will pwn ST:O

/takes fortune teller hat off

Nothing ever changes it seems - and suprisingly no one ever seems to learn either

Find a game you like and play it FFS lifes too short and other things too important for all this crap (and youre hardly likely to topple a MMORPG by stamping your virtual feet about how you think it sucks)

-edit-

Bloody funny comic BTW :-)

Originally posted by ArtifacT

i should slap u ::::40:: j/k but i do see no real point to this thread.....
    i dont think ill ever play star stek online ::::35:: this (SWG) is the first MMORPG ive really liked and had fun playing
    Games i play ::::19::
    Star Wars Galaxies-Jump to Lightspeed (Chilastra-guild Liberation Army Naboo {LAN})
    HALO2 BABY!!!!!!::::09::

I just wanted to show-off my Photoshop expertise... or lack of expertise. lol

Besides, I love it when people do parodies like this.

Want to see some SWG funnies I found on the official forums?

Please note I did not do these, but I was inspired by them to create my own!

http://pages.videotron.com/vdk/swg/swgfunny01.jpg

http://pages.videotron.com/vdk/swg/swgfunny02.jpg

http://pages.videotron.com/vdk/swg/swgfunny03.jpg

http://pages.videotron.com/vdk/swg/swgfunny04.jpg

I just realized they are out of date.  They make fun of the good'ol days of SWG when the Shuttle still had a 10 minute wait time and the Jedi grind was about guessing what your next holo was to unlock.  But the two other ones are still funny!  Enjoy!

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    i love both starwars and star trek looks like ill have 2 mmorpgs to play awesome, i already have been immersed in swg-jtl, and i love it, i hope star trek will be just as good, will you be able to fly? And how come i nvr heard of startrek mmorpg, awesome though.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Those are some killer links man.

They had me rolling on the floor.

R.I.P "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.

m/ You were the best of the best. m/

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

::::36:: gets on the pointy ears and sing the ballad of bilbo...

• Helios2004Helios2004 Member Posts: 18

Hmm.  Well this is an interesting statement.  I definitely think Star Trek Online has some potential, but I don't think it will pull from the SWG player base.  You have to think about it, most of the players that are playing SWG are either new to the genre of MMORPG’s, or extreme Star Wars fans.  When I started SWG, I was a veteran EQ Live player, and a semi Star Wars fan, and the game didn't hold my interest for more than about four months.  It just lacked the content.  However I am not going to bash it, I mean don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun on the game.  Anyway, I think that Star Trek Online will be similar.  I think that it will attract new players to the genre, and extreme fans of Star Trek.  And I think because of this, it will be a very successful game, just like SWG.  For all the people bashing SOE, come on guys, if it weren't for them, MMORPG's wouldn't be the same.  I mean I know about 989 Studios and all developing the original EQ and Verant publishing it, but you have to admit if it weren't for SOE, who knows where MMORPG's would be today.  We owe a lot to them, and they currently have three of the most successful MMOPRG's ever, so I think they deserve a little credit.

------

Helios

------

Helios

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

Star Trek Online should not be developed because there's not a enough intelligent developer's out there to make it work the first time around. Star Trek is a different concept then Star Wars I mean what are they going to do let moronic players run around in a galaxy class starship blowing up other Federation starship's for the fun of it, no this idea about making a Star Trek online game need's to be stopped I'm a big Trekkie myself and I say fuck no this game should be stopped ,it's going to be rushed and thats when it'll become like SWG and countless other's.

Don't get me wrong I like Star Wars alot to but SWG was disapointing to me, it's sad to see such a cool looking game would be going down the toilet because Lucas Art doesn't want to help with the problem's that SWG is having and SOE doen't know what's going onimage it's like their dazed and confused it's just funny to watch.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by admriker444
    Originally posted by Cthulhuvong
    ____________________________________Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server)
    Waiting for:Fallen Earth (Post-apoc just rules!)"General" SOE haters ??? Let me edit that for you... "majority of gaming world" hates SOE. There thats better...

SOE isnt that bad.......i know alot of peole that play SWG i know that most servers are loaded with peeps. Heck when i played id lag bag b/c of the ammount of people so dont say majority of gamming world. I admit i dont like SWGS gameplay to much but they have soooo much content.......the idea is great but fix the gameplay and ull have my money in ur hands

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

/sigh

someone posts a "flame" post based on NIL data and half the forum population answers, including me.

For the record : I love both Star Wars (and SWG) and I am also what people would call a trekkie. I will definitely check out any Star Trek Online game, which does not mean I like SWG any less. Star Trek Online is in a very early stadium and a minimal amount of data has been released yet .. there is no basis to judge wether this will be a good game or not.

But its definitely worth watching with interest.

Have fun

Novarider

• Kash_Hero'Kash_Hero' Member Posts: 22

g4y

• PashoPasho Member Posts: 85

Well..let me begin...

I reactivated my SWG account and the game rocks!!! Jedi thing re-vamp, well done, with content and requires a lot of your effort in doing it. I like that..no lame things ..hard "fun-work"...I am more than glad of reactivated it. Besides, the feeling of seeing your old char coming back...ohh..it is great.

About Str Trk...bet i will be there...count me in...and in contrast with some of the opinions above, i believe that game can have the whole world of content...you only have to remember all the things they can do: away teams, spaceships, etc, etc. imagine grinding your way up to get command of your own ship and decides where to go and what to do gathering info..etc, etc...i mean, they can do with that whatever they want...so many races, etc.  I believe they will have a great hit with that...POSSIBLY (IF WELL DONE), THEY HAVE IN THEIR HANDS THE HOLY GRAIL OF MMORPG!!

Star trek have everything in its world: outerspace, planets content, mythology, magic, technology, old worlds, advanced worlds, many races, wars, scientific missions, etc, etc......dont you think??

I will continue playing SWG and will be waiting Star Trek with anxiety.

Does any one of you know any link where you find any infor on that game???

Pasho.

Well, last time I read, Beta-Testing was expected to start by the end of 2005 and game was gonna be released sometime in 2006.

It's too long of a wait, but hey... you are right!  Star Trek has so much content, if they added all of that content into a MMORPG, it could end up becoming the biggest MMORPG of all time!  Let's just hope they don't screw up like they did with Star Wars Galaxies.

SWG was fun, but Jump To Lightspeed should of been in the game since the beginning.

So imagine Star Trek Online.  If they screw up where all you do is space exploration and it's just a Eve Online clone, the game will suck hard!  Tt needs as many planets we can land and explore as possible.  It needs starports we can dock and just hang around the local bar.  We need the possibility to eventually buy our own Enterprise and become the Captain of our own ship, hire a crew and explore space to gether.  It needs this and so much more!  I hope they don't screw up, I can only cross my fingers.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by Tooms

Iam also looking forward for the Star Trek Game, but then again it will be released in 2006. Proberly later in 2006. So nothing to worry :)

Early 2007 is the companies own estimated release...so...late 2007.

Either way, I'm playing both games.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• Larz89Larz89 Member UncommonPosts: 45

The time has come for Trekkies to start invading the MMORPG market!
    -Beam me up Scotty!
    -I can't Captain, the server is lagging, and I'm in tell-hell trying to sell some new loot I got awhile ago.

NERDimage

• SicarimSicarim Member Posts: 219
    WHY ALL THE HATE? image

• Larz89Larz89 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    don't blame me, i don't even play SWG or the star trek stuff! just when a person makes a post like that it means he has no life except star trek.