Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Three classes, gender locked? Different builds maybe?

GiosyncGiosync Member Posts: 108

I've just begun to think about this, and it worries me: are classes gender locked?

Also, how limited are we in customizing our character via status points and skill choosing? Am I gonna be like every class of my kind?

I'm free on Friday.

Comments

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

It's gender locked, I heard rumors that they might change it but again they are rumors and hold no value.

As far as build I haven't seen any indication of stats/builds at all.  I know you can bring a spear or a hook chain (either or) only 1 type in a dungeon.  Useful depending on the boss.

Few videos out on youtube with fishing, looked like you used a crossbow to fish with.  I have also seen new video of them releasing fishing poles.

Edit: Also I believe they have 6 classes planned at least, some of the classes are speculation

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

I think a lot of the customization comes later on (in-game) through upgrading/enhancing/dying gear, atleast that's what I took from the E3 coverage and that's pretty much what they were emphasizing.

Question is how much of that customization will be cashshop only?

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Not sure if you need cash shop to dye items.  Dying is random and looks to be really expensive per dye.  So it could take you several tries to get all your articles of clothing to match.  With it being expensive you need a lot of the money and usually you can buy the money via cash shop.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

The characters are genderlocked cause your playing a character not a class.

Each character has 2 overall builds. I donno how in depth they go.

You can customize the look and what your character wears and you can dye your clothing and weapons.

There 5 characters annouced, 2 are still being worked on.

----

Fiona - sword and shield / mace and shield - Tank role

Lann - 2 swords / 2 spears - melee DPS role

Evie - Staff / Sythe - long distance caster DPS / Healing / melee DPS (depends on build)

Karok - 2 handed weapons - suppose to be release after summer.

Kai - long distance DPS archer - still in development

• JinnserayeJinnseraye Member Posts: 30

I was very interested in this game when I first saw it, but with gender locking confirmed I've almost begun to loathe it already. I detest gender lock. I'll probably still try to get into the game whenever I can, but I'm far less excited for it.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Let me get this straight, you're playing a set character in an MMORPG?  Not even your own character, but a set character? That's sooo single player console RPGish right there.... I think I've lost interest now, I just thought those "Characters" on their site were important NPC's.

• maskedtearsmaskedtears Member UncommonPosts: 345

Originally posted by Emeraq

Let me get this straight, you're playing a set character in an MMORPG?  Not even your own character, but a set character? That's sooo single player console RPGish right there.... I think I've lost interest now, I just thought those "Characters" on their site were important NPC's.

Ditto. I don't even know what the point of this is anymore in modern gaming. No one wants to be just like everyone else in a game where you can express your uniqueness and kill people who try to herd you in without going straight to jail. 

You wanted my time, so I played you. You wanted my money, I forked it over. You wanted my soul, I gave it willingly. Not to complain... but when do I get my end of the deal? And no, I don't want your flippin' carrot. If you can't do that give me back my youth and keep the change. Why don't you try chasing your own damn carrot for a change? I'll gladly hold the stick.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Well, Vindictus is not an MMORPG. Vindictus is an online action RPG. I don't see how you could have any real interest when you don't even know the basics of the game.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

gender locked classes?  well that dropped my hype for the game a bit...

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

good thing you two didn't spend the big bucks on a pre-order, you would of been screwed (we all know you will both be d/l'ing the game at some point regardless of this issue)

It's completely possible, since I said I think I've lost interest.. But it won't happen any time soon, at least no sooner than 6 mos after launch, when post launch bugs have been fixed and reviews are out.

Originally posted by Otakun

Well, Vindictus is not an MMORPG. Vindictus is an online action RPG. I don't see how you could have any real interest when you don't even know the basics of the game.

a online action RPG is a MMORPG....

i'll laugh so hard if the tank class is a girl though.  aika had a female only tank class, that was just...a interesting idea.  any female class is fine, but a tank?  ehh.....

Hmm I know how to read, go to vinditus.com, click on game info.. what does it say in red right under Brutal Physics?, "a massively multiplayer online role playing game" like you've never seen... Open your eyes and read before you claim I don't know what I saw.

• maskedtearsmaskedtears Member UncommonPosts: 345

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

good thing you two didn't spend the big bucks on a pre-order, you would of been screwed (we all know you will both be d/l'ing the game at some point regardless of this issue)

Hahaha, I would of researched more before pulling out my wallet. Especially with how sketchy pre-ordering is these days. 

edit: Ah, well I guess the studying I did was good enough, whoot whoot. 

You wanted my time, so I played you. You wanted my money, I forked it over. You wanted my soul, I gave it willingly. Not to complain... but when do I get my end of the deal? And no, I don't want your flippin' carrot. If you can't do that give me back my youth and keep the change. Why don't you try chasing your own damn carrot for a change? I'll gladly hold the stick.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Do not like ths ound of this character mechanics at all. My hype level just plummeted. I'll still hope for a beta invite to try it out, but sounds pretty meh.

• StravasStravas Member Posts: 32

Hmm I know how to read, go to vinditus.com, click on game info.. what does it say in red right under Brutal Physics?, "a massively multiplayer online role playing game" like you've never seen... Open your eyes and read before you claim I don't know what I saw.

Arguably, I'd only agree with the MMO part and not the RPG part . . . with character customization limited primarily to some stats and skills and gear color, I'd still largely feel like a clone of all the others playing the same character archetype. Of course disagreements on the definition of RPG are infinitum.

That said, the combat looks damn fun!

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

The characters are genderlocked cause your playing a character not a class.

Each character has 2 overall builds. I donno how in depth they go.

You can customize the look and what your character wears and you can dye your clothing and weapons.

There 5 characters annouced, 2 are still being worked on.

----

Fiona - sword and shield / mace and shield - Tank role

Lann - 2 swords / 2 spears - melee DPS role

Evie - Staff / Sythe - long distance caster DPS / Healing / melee DPS (depends on build)

Karok - 2 handed weapons - suppose to be release after summer.

Kai - long distance DPS archer - still in development

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

If it turns out to be gender locked, I won't play it.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

If it turns out to be gender locked, I won't play it.

It is Gender locked but at some point each class type will have a male and female character. And each character is completely customizable.

• VampgamrVampgamr Member Posts: 30

I cant believe that people are complaining of gender lock,i mean yes, i get that you want to be a mage and a guy but look at what the game offers! many different controls(it is compatible with an Xbox controler,with some other options,Xbox interests me the most)you can take advantage of the area around you,very good graphics and its free to play! i mean really,the gender locking goes with the storyline! not many F2P action games have a story,or they might have one,but its extremely weak,this is a very serious game to compete with,get off of the gender locked mind and see what the game has to offer,a veriety of different weapons to choose from,different combos and special attacks,finishing moves,destructable turrain,and sleek graphics,you can even make your own armor that looks so awesome!fluid gameplay,

PS: if you hate feeling like a clone? almost every game dosnt have a variety of armor,besides the good old WoW,i really cant think of any game ive played (besides wow) that didnt have the same armor for everyone

and honestly,theres only gender locked classes because the game wants the story to be heard,Nexon will probably add different genders when the game actually launches and people actually start playing it? just relized i hate it when people trash a game when its not even out yet

Currently playing Jade Dynasty,looking for master,I'm a level 75 Arden,name iBiTeU,server-Billows

• KiskaraKiskara Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Vampgamr

I cant believe that people are complaining of gender lock,i mean yes, i get that you want to be a mage and a guy but look at what the game offers! many different controls(it is compatible with an Xbox controler,with some other options,Xbox interests me the most)you can take advantage of the area around you,very good graphics and its free to play! i mean really,the gender locking goes with the storyline! not many F2P action games have a story,or they might have one,but its extremely weak,this is a very serious game to compete with,get off of the gender locked mind and see what the game has to offer,a veriety of different weapons to choose from,different combos and special attacks,finishing moves,destructable turrain,and sleek graphics,you can even make your own armor that looks so awesome!fluid gameplay,

PS: if you hate feeling like a clone? almost every game dosnt have a variety of armor,besides the good old WoW,i really cant think of any game ive played (besides wow) that didnt have the same armor for everyone

and honestly,theres only gender locked classes because the game wants the story to be heard,Nexon will probably add different genders when the game actually launches and people actually start playing it? just relized i hate it when people trash a game when its not even out yet

Gender lock games do so as a means to keep the PC requirements low. A lot of F2P games that focus on big battles (PvE or PvP) do the genderlock as a means to not put a strain on the server and players. The alternative is to use less detailed character models. All MMOs have a story - it's just that there's really no point in paying them any mind. How much can you be drawn into a game's plot as the Lone Hero, when you know that thousands of other players are doing the exact same thing? They were just being crafty by using characters vs classes so the genderlock isn't as odd.