Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda - Go or No Go?

Comments

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
  • SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

As an oldtimer for mmorpgs that plays shooters now and then i deicded to give it a try,

and it has catched me pretty good.

It has many of the things a mmorpg player looks for, like char customisation,

a little gear grind and upgrading , smiple crafting and ofcourse a good chunk of group interaction...which means

that a less geared group working together well will outperform a better equiped random team.

It has no subscription and is actually FUN thats what im looking for n my older days.. less grind more fun.

You can imagine dungeon runs but faster with mini bosses in between and a hefty boss at the end that can be taken down

only with the right tactics, also dieing less is rewarded.

Its not the best but fpr instant fun and for no monthly fee it is ofcourse one of the better games on this side.

Regards

Speiber

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• Diablo4783Diablo4783 Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by daeandor

I'm going to say "Go" with a caveat.

The game is fun.  But much is not working very well.  The thing is that as it morphs, some of the competitive aspects get really beaten down with some of the grind for equipment post patch 1.35 (the current patch).  If you have friends that are in the game, I can pretty much guarantee that you will have a good time also though.  However, once the gear, token, and cash / material farm grind set in, it becomes less fun.  That's the mmorpg part poking its head in on a good pvp based game.  Now if they could just get the matchmaker fixed up, the pvp would be back to being fun.

I don't think the match maker is a problem, just retarded players. I've noticed guys with retarded pvp play have all kinds of ratings and  no matter how hi rez rates them they'll end up on any team. Maybe it's just that the game got popular and therefore we got more retarded wow fags playing?

I'm pretty sure it's hard to blame a match maker for some of the ass hattery I've seen from lvl 30+ players in merc. Assaults using fagma lances but when you point out it's no good I get "Yeah but I stand on the point!" and I think "Great! and you'll kill yourself before the enemy gets the chance!

I just said screw it and went poison medic, the one class where everyone needs him and if they give me any shit over voice comms then when they need a heal during a match they can have a big **** you.

The fact is that there's also too many retards and lamers playing a death match in merc, no one wants to stand on the point (least of all the ASSault) for fear of being nailed. It'll change as merc is always evolving into something new, probably a higher form of faggotry but hey I still find it fun!

lol. you are the reason assaults dont stand on the point because a useless poison medic cant keep them alive when the other team has REAL medics doing their job.  no team needs a medic to do damage.  fagma lance assaults cant hold a point but poison medics cant do their job either.  its no secret if you have a good medic and a tank specd assault your chances of winning increase drastically. 

the matchmaking system is a little flawed but its still one of the best ive seen in a game maybe aside from halo or cod.  its never gonna be perfect unless it takes 10 minutes to q while it finds the "perfect" team.   id rather wait 3 minutes and play more matches.  it makes it that much more satisfying when you win with a worse built team.

uber black and red temple of nod gaming case
    4 fuckin gigs of random access memory
    ge force chopper sick balls over 9000 vid card bra
    holy shit im bragging about my computer to play mmo's processor!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Originally posted by Diablo4783

The game is fun.  But much is not working very well.  The thing is that as it morphs, some of the competitive aspects get really beaten down with some of the grind for equipment post patch 1.35 (the current patch).  If you have friends that are in the game, I can pretty much guarantee that you will have a good time also though.  However, once the gear, token, and cash / material farm grind set in, it becomes less fun.  That's the mmorpg part poking its head in on a good pvp based game.  Now if they could just get the matchmaker fixed up, the pvp would be back to being fun.

I don't think the match maker is a problem, just retarded players. I've noticed guys with retarded pvp play have all kinds of ratings and  no matter how hi rez rates them they'll end up on any team. Maybe it's just that the game got popular and therefore we got more retarded wow fags playing?

I'm pretty sure it's hard to blame a match maker for some of the ass hattery I've seen from lvl 30+ players in merc. Assaults using fagma lances but when you point out it's no good I get "Yeah but I stand on the point!" and I think "Great! and you'll kill yourself before the enemy gets the chance!

I just said screw it and went poison medic, the one class where everyone needs him and if they give me any shit over voice comms then when they need a heal during a match they can have a big **** you.

The fact is that there's also too many retards and lamers playing a death match in merc, no one wants to stand on the point (least of all the ASSault) for fear of being nailed. It'll change as merc is always evolving into something new, probably a higher form of faggotry but hey I still find it fun!

lol. you are the reason assaults dont stand on the point because a useless poison medic cant keep them alive when the other team has REAL medics doing their job.  no team needs a medic to do damage.  fagma lance assaults cant hold a point but poison medics cant do their job either.  its no secret if you have a good medic and a tank specd assault your chances of winning increase drastically. 

the matchmaking system is a little flawed but its still one of the best ive seen in a game maybe aside from halo or cod.  its never gonna be perfect unless it takes 10 minutes to q while it finds the "perfect" team.   id rather wait 3 minutes and play more matches.  it makes it that much more satisfying when you win with a worse built team.

I wouldn't say that.  I've been playing almost nonstop since I bought the game, played 2 classes now past level 30, the other 2 classes past level 20,  joined an agency, crafted, PvE'd, Raided, and I feel I have more then a fair grasp on different specs of my two main classes (robotics and medic).  I'll get into more detail when my review comes out, which should be sometime tomorrow.

I'd have to say that depending on the match, there are cases I'd MUCH rather have a poison medic around rather then a full healing medic.  It all depends on the player.  I've played a modified healing spec and a modified poison spec (modifications meaning items taken from the balanced tree).  I'd have to say that, eventhough the healing spec is great for being tied to the point with a tank,  the issue is that -- you are tied to the point with a tank.  

I've played many games, and you have some tanks who won't get on point to save their life (or the game) and just volley shots from a distance,  then you have tanks who jump on point and bitch that they don't get enough heals when there are three turrets on him and you drop like a rock once you set foot in the circle.

The poison medic is by far more versatile.  As much of the time i have to pick up slack for the recon who thinks he should attack players instead of take out turrets and heal stations,  I find it more beneficial to me to spec poison in many of these situations where, after taking out the heal station, I can cause havok and immense damage to robotics, tanks, and recons with a simple AOE while I take out the turret.

In almost every other situation I am a dedicated healer, and an above average one if the stats at the end of the match mean anything at all.  The fact of the matter is,  whatever the spec,  each class has a job to do,  no matter if you're a poison medic or a dedicated healer spec,  you should be healing, and you should be on point.  If you aren't, something is terribly wrong,  and all it took me was a couple hours of playing that class to figure that out.

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Fun game, however the fun factor wore out fast for me.  I have the game, but rarely do I play and when I do it's not for long.  There are better team shooters out there... Hell I'd even suggest Counter Strike is better in some regards.  Don't get me wrong, great game, just not worth my time personally.

Full Sail University - Game Design

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Originally posted by Mechanism

They suspended the trial because of server issues I believe but they do plan to start it back up.

I am the queen of impatience, hehe

Might just have to get it trial or not :P

If you pick it up, add AntiProduct to your friends list in-game (you can view your friends list by pressing F3). I'll be happy to give you pointers or run some PvE missions with you when I'm online.

I'm still having a blast with GA after playing since closed beta. I've never been a fan of FPS games, but GA has somehow pulled me in and kept me entertained. The new 10-man raid content is freaking hella fun, especially when you're the only medic. :)

I dove in and all I do is the PvP scenarios and the quests in the desert, hehe.  It is an amazingly fun game if they bring up the MMO elements so that the world is far bigger, then wowwww.  I will add you to my list but I tend to solo and PUG mostly, hehe.  But I do need to try the PvE sometime, just not sure it will happen as the PvP is amazingly good fun.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

I did finally finish my review, it is posted below.  More than 100 hours clocked on Steam and still going strong.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/286695/Global-Agenda-Full-Review-.html

• templarxtemplarx Member UncommonPosts: 181

Well if you're counting votes here, then i'd say this game is worth it.

What is your alternatives? People will easily tell you dont get it because it's not as good as MW2/Battlefield at "FPS" and not as good as WoW at "MMO" , but there sure ain't anything else this good that combines both together. Come on, i dare you show me a game like this where you have

a] Open Zones with Quests in typical MMO style [seeing other players and all]

b] Instanced PvP Maps throwing 10vs10 players against each other with variety of modes , and as much as players diss the matchmaking system...fact of the matter is, it is there, you can jump in and get into a match in minutes..no need to find a clan or server or something.

c] Persistent Character progression [gear, levels , skills , talent trees] .

d] PvE Instances aka "Dungeons" for 4+ players and solo players

e] PvE Raids for 10+ players

f] A Territory ownership type of "campaign" for Guilds

....all this without paying any subscription and a box cost that is $30 and lower.

The only MMO close to this is Guildwars, but it sure ain't a shooter

The only shooter close to this is Battlefield, but it sure ain't a MMO .

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

Originally posted by Mechanism

They suspended the trial because of server issues I believe but they do plan to start it back up.

I am the queen of impatience, hehe

Might just have to get it trial or not :P

If you pick it up, add AntiProduct to your friends list in-game (you can view your friends list by pressing F3). I'll be happy to give you pointers or run some PvE missions with you when I'm online.

I'm still having a blast with GA after playing since closed beta. I've never been a fan of FPS games, but GA has somehow pulled me in and kept me entertained. The new 10-man raid content is freaking hella fun, especially when you're the only medic. :)

I dove in and all I do is the PvP scenarios and the quests in the desert, hehe.  It is an amazingly fun game if they bring up the MMO elements so that the world is far bigger, then wowwww.  I will add you to my list but I tend to solo and PUG mostly, hehe.  But I do need to try the PvE sometime, just not sure it will happen as the PvP is amazingly good fun.

Glad you're enjoying it. Hope to hear from you in-game.

Keep in mind if you plan on crafting upgrades for yourself you will have to run PvE missions (raids or 4-man) to collect the materials.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

It is a great little shooter, hardly worth calling it an MMO though.

It is fun if you play along with some mates. Not a patch on PlanetSide (PS). PS is the only real MMOFPS out there but is showing its age now. The other is World War 2 Online but that is so old it practically creaks!

• woeyewoeye Member Posts: 119

Well, I guess I belong to those who doesn't like this game very much. To be fair I play a medic in Merc (PuG PvP) mostly. And almost every time I am the only healer. And whenever I enter the game 2-3 recons will hunt me down immediately. Team play in Merc PvP is also non-existant in most cases. So if you want to have fun you better play a DPS class I guess. Sure, I could go poison to have a bit a fun for myself. But I actually want to play a healer, which seems to be pointless in Merc PvP though.

I have much more fun playing a medic in ET:QW or M.A.G. So, yeah, maybe GA isn't the right game for me. 

• BlaadBlaad Member Posts: 64

Its an underrated game.  Well worth playing in my opinion.  Its a go.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

It's a fun game and as someone else said underrated. My problem is the steam which is great for single player games.  But the support is awful for an mmorpg.  I would still be playing if it wasn't for the support factor.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by maskedweasel

A buddy of mine just picked this up and wants me to buy it.  Looks like they stopped the trial and I haven't heard whether this game is doing well and worth the purchase or not.  To those playing, or no longer playing,  is the game worth the purchase?

Not a bad game all things considered. I have a level 40 assault and a 15 recon. I mainly run raids and spec ops missions. I wish there were more raid maps. Not to mention waiting in line for spec ops can get annoying when it extends over 30-40 minutes(unlike WoW, there isn't really much to do while you wait).  I certainly hope they add additional content soon.  If you like FPS games, you might wish to give this a try.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

I left GA about 2 months after launch.  I couldnt pay for it one,  and too, the amount of time it took to dominate AvA I just couldnt afford either.

Now the game is not that bad.  I cannot speak from an AvA perspective, but the matchmaking is better, as you wont have  level 30s to fight with your level 14 anymore. 

The "open world" is bs.  It is ok... but it is just thrown together.  Although it does have some potential.  For a fun game that you dont have to pay a subscription to, and just compete with jetpacks, this game is definately worth it.  Plus you arent paying full price anyways since you can get discounts.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

You can pick up Section 8 for less than a dollar on Amazon and experience more enjoyable content and relatively equal character progression.

As others have said, GA is no MMO, just a matchmaker.  The game is cheap, so there's that.  After getting bored with it over my first sixty hours I occasionally come back for a few games every other week or so but, TBH, twenty bucks for sixty hours plus ain't bad.

I found the community to be pretty shitty as well.  Voice comms and city chat are terrible.

As others have mentioned the lone open zone is threadbare; there's like two or three hours of content there at best and none of the quests are exceptional or interesting in the slightest.

• RomanjisanRomanjisan Member Posts: 53

I just started playing this game through the 14-day trial.  It's pretty fun right now.  Reminds me a bit of Tabula Rasa which was fun, too, but had lots of issues.  I would play fps games a lot more if they weren't all from a first person camera pov.  This mmo shooter is third person over-the-shoulder view, so now I can have fun doing the usual shooter stuff.  I'll see how it goes after some more playing.

Originally posted by lkavadas

You can pick up Section 8 for less than a dollar on Amazon and experience more enjoyable content and relatively equal character progression.

As others have said, GA is no MMO, just a matchmaker.  The game is cheap, so there's that.  After getting bored with it over my first sixty hours I occasionally come back for a few games every other week or so but, TBH, twenty bucks for sixty hours plus ain't bad.

I found the community to be pretty shitty as well.  Voice comms and city chat are terrible.

As others have mentioned the lone open zone is threadbare; there's like two or three hours of content there at best and none of the quests are exceptional or interesting in the slightest.

Section 8 is much more of an FPS, than an MMOFPS. The thing I like most about Global Agenda is the raids. I just wish they had more than three raid maps.  The ball is in HR's court on this one. If they clean up AvA and merc, and add more raid maps, the game is likely to grow and remain profitable. If they continue with their foot dragging...

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

$20 essentially with the coupon codes from the stickied thread in this forum.   No monthly fee, and a pvp third-person-shooter dynamic map.  So why not.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Retarded, shit, ass, fag........

Do you jerk your boyfriend off with those hands?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• IvanTheFoolIvanTheFool Member Posts: 75

If you will mostly be playing with a friend, it is pretty enjoyable.  Queueing solo for the random PvP matches, called Mercenary matches, is an exercise in frustration though.  I'm pretty sour on the company and game atm, but I did have around 300 hours worth of fun with this title, so I feel I got my moneys worth.

Other people have mentioned one of the big issues that annoys me, and that is the lack of map variety.  If you want to have 30 or 50 maps and enjoy playing on custom maps... this is not the FPS flavored title for you.  Another detraction from the fun for this game is that soo many people love to complain in voice chat in the game during matches.  Honestly they bug me more than the players who just are plain bad at this game causing losses.

One more note.. I would suggest playing the lower level PvP bracket as long as possible, so hold off on buying the 'boost' for the double xp etc.  The practice with the game is much needed as the difficulty jump when you enter the high level tier.. can be discouraging.  (At least for the robotics class.)

Enjoy if you do decide to try it out.

• roscorosco Member Posts: 51

Free trial is available here:

http://hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hirez/GlobalAgendaPatcher.exe

HR decided stop stop the warzone development, so they can focus on PvP,AvA and raid, the actual content. We can expect more maps. The warzone content might be the future of tribes universe.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

As someone else mentioned in another thread, this game is fun until about 30ish.  Then it's all grind and not nearly as fun.  I did have a blast in beta and early release though.  The recent changes in gear have made it much less fun IMO.  I haven't had the urge to play in a month.

As someone else mentioned in another thread, this game is fun until about 30ish.  Then it's all grind and not nearly as fun.  I did have a blast in beta and early release though.  The recent changes in gear have made it much less fun IMO.  I haven't had the urge to play in a month.

I've run into that myself. I have a level 50 assault, a level 18 recon and a level 10 robo.  Once you reach a certain point, the grind really starts to get bad. Not to mention that there are only three raid maps.  In most games, raiding and such gets much better gear. But in GA even "epic" gear isn't that much better than basic.  Once you've reached a certain point, there is little reason to continue.  Its too bad, as it could be a much better game.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

We shall see what the next update does content wise. Theyre adding new pvp maps, 2 new raids one of which requires a premade, a new open zone and new weapons.