Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What IP do you wanna see?

lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

If you could take your pick of any intellectual property and make it into an MMO, which one would it be?  Please don't answer with an IP that already has a game or one that is already being developed.  I don't think this thread should turn into yet another thread about how we all want SWG back to the way it was Pre-NGE.  Also say what about the IP makes you want to see an MMO based around it.

I would really love to see an MMO that took place in the Mass Effect Universe since there are so many different races and factions.  The PvP would probably be really fun and the way I imagine it, you'd have some freedom to do basically what you want.  I also like the idea of the Spectres being extremely hard to join.  Obviously there'd be potential for spaceship combat too.  I'd probably also like to see an Elder Scrolls MMO, they always say they're making one but I can't find anything other than rumors about it.  The Bethesda guys always blow me away whenever I buy any of their products so I figure Elder Scrolls MMO would have the same effect.

I think what I'd really like to see, though, is some sort of MMO based on the mafia, and I don't mean that stupid Facebook game.  I mean like the Godfather type of a game where there are five families that fight for territory in New York.  I like the idea of five factions and I think that a lot could potentially be done with a game like that.  I think we're probably a long way away from it ever happening though, and the disappointment of APB proves that.

Comments

• vzarneotvzarneot Member Posts: 39

Twighlight MMO !!!!  or a Spaceballz  MMO!!  just kidding..

I would like to see a ravenloft type mmo, with hardcore rules. Or atleast realistic rules.

Perhaps a Middle earth online, not lotr stuff. But good guys vs bad guys trying to take over middle earth. Throw mount and blade's combat system in a middle earth online and we got a winner here.

• Aki_RossAki_Ross Member Posts: 166

I've got one suggestion, I would like to see. Andromeda, originally wrote by Gene Roddenberry. These two are games already, but they've never been made into a MMORPG. Funcom's TLJ & Dreamfall. I think it would make a brilliant MMORPG. MechWarrior, You've got a whole galaxy to choose from and big robots as well.  image

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Dune would rock.  It could be set in the time of the movie era or in the past which is covered in some of the books.  Great novel series by the way.

• IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

I agree with an Elder Scrolls MMO.  But, what I would like is an MMO based in Faerun around the times when Drizzt Do'Urden is alive.  That would be amazing.  The landscapes of that land are epic, and the lore there is sooo rich.  There would be endless possibilities with what you could do. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

How about one set in the Fallen Heaven world of Civ 4, but with no alignment as I think thats rather too old school. Or the world of Anno 1404? Rather than films and books we do have some great games you could base a MMO on. Mass Effect would get my vote too! 

• ctshamectshame Member Posts: 104

I would love to see a cirqu du freak mmorpg made. Not made after the crappy movie but the books. Thatd be great, or well atleast i think it would be. Iol

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

Rolemaster or Spacemaster from I.C.E. using their rule set like DDO did.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

An 1870s-90s America MMO, not just the mid/southwest but the whole mainland country.

Sandbox with tons of tools(toys).  Think RDR with a SWG precu scope (I'm not saying what you didn't want me to say, just making a visual).  Anyways this isn't the place for my brainstorming ideas for something like that.

But definetly ME universe, I think before the Shepard sage more like the First Contact War upto but before the Reapers.  Humans colonizing and shit like that.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I want to see the biggest most lore filled world possible...

I  want a Forgotten Realms MMO.

(But not a D20 based one) Only the lore and the classes, the spells and Monsters, but with a more MMO based combat systems...  There is so much stories to be told.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• error_404error_404 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Dune, Gamma World and Cyberpunk.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Super Mario Bros.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

some sort of a blade runner mmorpg. maybe with 3 player factions, neutral, replicants and of course blade runner

i would also support a dune mmorpg

but please don't let cryptic touch the blade runner or dune ip !

• Novic2Novic2 Member UncommonPosts: 74

Master of Orion or like WardtheGreat says, something in the Forgotten Realms™ setting.

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

Planescape i think has the best background for a mmo but i would rather not have one instead of a bad one.

I need more vespene gas.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

The Wheel of Time.

I'd like to see it done as a world simulator, not a "game".  Also I'd like to see the setting be right after the breaking of the world.

Build cities, wage war, explore the new terrain like you've never seen it before.  The lore just lends itself so well to a sandbox setup.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Labrinyth (that david bowie film)

Terminator (salavation period)

Any Clint western

Gummy Bears

Transformers

• chookteronchookteron Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Ramadar

Rolemaster or Spacemaster from I.C.E. using their rule set like DDO did.

I think that these mechanics would be fantastic.  They lend themselves very well to a computerised RPG setting as they abstract the complexity and let the player get on with playing.

In term of IP I would love to see Moorcock's multiverse brought to life but I think that somewhere along the line I would die a little bit inside as it was butchered.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I would like rockstar to do a sandbox MMO, red dead redemption in particular.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Battletech.

3025-ish.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

In order of awesome:

The Elder Scrolls.

Faerûn.

Magic: The Gathering.

The Wheel of Time.

Edit:

Originally posted by Dameonk
    The Wheel of Time.
    I'd like to see it done as a world simulator, not a "game".  Also I'd like to see the setting be right after the breaking of the world.
    Build cities, wage war, explore the new terrain like you've never seen it before.  The lore just lends itself so well to a sandbox setup.

That is just the most amazing idea ever. Right after the breaking, there were no real rules, no lasting kingdoms or ruling factions. Everything was in flux, and we the players could do anything in the sandbox without messing up the lore. That is a perfect way to have the IP in a way that avoids the ridiculous problems we see in LotRO.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Pallidium Book's RIFTS

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

A Bladerunner MMORPG and a Shadowrun MMORPG would be awesome. image

At least in my mind.

Not done by SOE, Cryptic Studios, Funcom, Mythic Entertainment, Turbine, NC soft, EA or Activision-Blizzard though, bleh!

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Bladerunner + normal MMO playerbase who has no idea what film noir nor postmodernism is = ick...  Though with the right crowd it'd be amazing.

I would love a Farscape MMO most of all .. and even more nerdy a Buffyverse MMO (yeah yeah, it appeals to my gen X sense of humor).  Maybe a Secret of N.I.M.H.?

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Shadowrun definately, but I don't really see a publisher who could pull it off, other then CCP. And CCP is kinda busy with WoD allready.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Mellow44

A Bladerunner MMORPG and a Shadowrun MMORPG would be awesome. image

At least in my mind.

Not done by SOE, Mythic, Funcom, Turbine, NC soft, EA or Activision-Blizzard though, bleh!

Hell ya!

We need a Shadowrun or cyberpunk mmo!!

They could take something like they did with some these newer mmo models and have it so people make their character based on the shadowrun game and then people get together and run missions, these missions could be done like APB or DDO sorta, all they need are a good random pool of missions.

For a great example of this just play the Shadowrun game for the Sega Genesis.

Even a mechwarrior/battletech mmo could be done like APB and work great, people make their mech's and then go out play in them.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?