Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob questions

FuskeFuske Member Posts: 1

image Hi guys. Tried EvE for a day now. Enjoying it alot , not ur average mmo with the warrior or mage. Got a few qns I need help in image

Mining Drones. I sent one out , mined abit and tought i can get it back. Did the scoop command , then it was gone. Saw it back at the station .... Can someone give me the lowdown on how the mining drones work ?

Ore , I got a Probe ( Minmar ). I see Concentrated , Densed , Massive .... which is the most 'packed' with materials ?

I intend to go try some Industry - making stuff. Any recommendations on some blueprints to get n use for a noob engineer ?

Thanks in advance image

Comments

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

mining drones .. go out to a targeted roid .. mine and return the stuff to your cargo hold. 

there are diff types of mining drone .. thebetter ones are more expensive, rarer and usualy need better skills.

i think drones can be set to mine continously or just once .. i aint used them in a year or more tbh.

those types of ore are new (condenced etc..) was originaly just veldspar, scordite etc.. (without the added naming feature)  the new stuff refines dirrently im guessing , but i have not played with them all.

for a new player mine scordite or the "named" scordite.  best bang for your buck.  without refining skills being high , it is usualy better to sell the ore than the refined minerals... as good refiner will get mroe from the ore than you will.

probe is a godo ship to start for mining.

as for Blueprints.. there are originals and copies.

roginals can be copied and researched to make them more efficient (time and material cost).  getting a research slot is very hard... up until now .. not sure how it has changed since the exodus patch.  skil are obviously needed for all this . .and the higher skills the better.

you should look to join a well established corp .. (like mine - shamless plug)  so they can show you the ropes, help with cost of new ships / eq / skills and make your entiree game experience more fun.

gl and have fun out htere .. btw .. insure you ship, and upgrade your clone. learn leanring skills to lv to get exponential growth in learning tims.  and alwats check you cargo hold before you undock to haul something somewhere. image

• dropkick88dropkick88 Member Posts: 4

Welcome to Eve.

Mining Drones: You need to be careful on this one.  Mining drones are great because they give you that little extra.  But here is the problem.  They are expensive.  A mining drone will need to mine for about 50 hours to mine enough ore to justify its cost.  What makes it worse is that when NPC pirates attack, they go for the drones first.  Sadly, this means a life of babysitting your drones.

Now, Different Ore types.  Named ore is always better.  There are 3 grades of ore.  Standard (not named).  Better and Best.  Basically you want to select the roid, right click and select "Show Info".  This will usually tell you which grade it is.  The better ore will give you 5% more mineral when you refine and the Best grade will yeild 10% more.

Building:  Best thing to build to begin with is ammunition and missiles.  They have low grade mineral requirements (meaning you can actually mine the stuff you need in empire space) and have a constant consumable market (Everybody needs ammo).  I recomend the small and medium projectiles and hybrid charges.  I really recomend the havoc heavy missile (great profit).  Stay away from building ships for now. Wait until your skill increases as the competion can undercut you profit very easily if you waste minerals.

Final bit of advice:  Train the learning skills as soon as possible if you plan on sticking with the game.  They will help you tremendously down the road.  Have fun

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119
    Another bit of advice : find a good corp and work in a team...u will advance more rapidly then solo