Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reactivation...

Hi folks. I played AoC at launch, all the way through to level 80 and did a few raids. Being dissatisfied with my class, Conqueror, and it's incompleteness, I quit. I'm consider resubbing for RotGS, so I was wondering if the issues with Conqueror were fixed somewhere along the line, namely the directional buffs that Conq's were given that never scaled.

Comments

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

I remember Qonquerors being op'd for a while (especially with the gem thingy). I haven't heard any word of them being especially over/under -powered lately.

You know how it is with balancing - sometimes it's over, sometimes it's under; If you only want to play a given class when it's over powered you'll have more of a discontinuously experience.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by Soukatsui

Hi folks. I played AoC at launch, all the way through to level 80 and did a few raids. Being dissatisfied with my class, Conqueror, and it's incompleteness, I quit. I'm consider resubbing for RotGS, so I was wondering if the issues with Conqueror were fixed somewhere along the line, namely the directional buffs that Conq's were given that never scaled.

The old directional orders buffs have been scraped entirely, mainly due to their uselessness and funcom not seeing any reason to actually make them stronger.

Conqs orders have been replaced with a updated system in the conq revamp called discipline and techniques.

Disciplines (or is it formations) share similar to the old group directional buffs, but mostly all are in AOE influence

where as techqniues involve self buffs.

the update more or less, is better than what we were given in 1.04 - 05, but still needs work,  however,

conqs can now do stronger stacked debuffs both physical and magical debuffing, as well as having their own slower and at some cases less effective totem like pet (fire banner)

theres other changes that the conq was given, much like their battle rez now being controlled yet unable to use once every 10 minutes but can be feated to give the one rezzed comrade full health if desired.

their normal out of combat rez is also controlled and doesnt involve any FI.

again other changes were made, feel free to hit the forums and look through them.