Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Build Things

bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184

Can guilds build fortresses or towns or weapons?

Comments

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by bomj

- Player Keeps

-Player house (Multiple tiers, extensions, crafting benches, stables ect)

-HUGE crafting system, using many items with different qualities, densities and uses

-To come - Siege weapons.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

There are few keeps spots ingame, so every guilds cant own a keep, they gotta fight for it. Primitive towns can be build too, but they are quite useless so far since I think you still cant place player vendors there.

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by Toferio

There are few keeps spots ingame, so every guilds cant own a keep, they gotta fight for it. Primitive towns can be build too, but they are quite useless so far since I think you still cant place player vendors there.

The crafting benches built at houses are more effective than normal ones. Player vendors will be awesome though.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Toferio

They are useful from the perspective of crafting stations and storage.  The "town" your guild creates also serves as a familiar "home base", different from the NPC towns.  Whether it's worth having is up to the individual or guild.

To the OP, houses are fairly expensive, keeps much more so.  If by weapons, you mean siege weapons, as Thorppes pointed out, siege and guild warfare are not in the game yet, though guild warfare is probably one of the next things that will make it into the game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184

Wow Im amazed by all the quick responses.  Why do they limit the number of keep spots? 

Darkfall did that and I thought it was dumb.

Wow Im amazed by all the quick responses.  Why do they limit the number of keep spots? 

I think it comes down to land design (in both games), as land control is going to be an essential element of the game.  MO is really at a core stage right now, and the intent is to expand the available land mass of Myrland to other continents.  I'd guess they didn't want subdivisions of keeps all right next to each other.

• howtolandhowtoland Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by TheHatter

Well...........

I guess I can just go ahead and take this game off my list of potential games in the future. Worthless piece of junk.

With an attitude like that, I'm sad that you won't be a part of Mortal.

I'd love to kill you and take all your earnings as many times as possible until you ragequit. It's a shame I wont' get the opportunity to.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

If you are really considering the game I suggest you visit the official forums and browse around.  There are many current and recent subscribers there that will be happy to answer your questions in an honest and forthright way.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184

Thanks will do.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

If you are really considering the game I suggest you visit the official forums and browse around.  There are many current and recent subscribers there that will be happy to answer your questions in an honest and forthright way.

Indeed, Bomj, the official forums are the best place to get firsthand information about the game.

As odd as it might seem, there are a few people opining on this forum who've never played the actual released game, and who's sole contribution is passing on second- or third-hand informaiton, which obviously is likely to be slanted or inaccurate.

You're likely to get a higher concentration of good info on not only buildings, but everything else in the game - both the good and the bad.  As a player, I'll tell you that the game isn't perfect - it has its problems.  But, I also think it's a lot of fun, and is headed in the right direction as a fantasy sandbox MMO.  That's just my opinion, though.

Good luck, and no matter which game you play, I hope you find one you like. image

• Ethereal401Ethereal401 Member Posts: 20

Right now there is something like 12 keep spots in game and only 2 or 3 are being used.  There are no shortage of keep spots. 

The problem is not the lack of keep spots.  The problem is the lack of clans who actually willing to pay the enourmous costs to buy a keep deed and collect enough resources to build it.