Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3rd generation MMO's custom PC setup help

g0dl355g0dl355 Member UncommonPosts: 342

What I mean by 3rd gen is any fairly demanding up and coming mmo like TERA, Final Fantasy, AOC, maybe Guild Wars 2 at max settings....those are just examples of visually impressive games that I would like to tailor my new pc to play at max settings. What would be the cheapest setup to play all those games and anything else coming out in 2011 at full settings with 0 stutter? FYI I don't know a thing about building pc's I'll likely just scribble down w/e you guys suggest and head to newegg or cyberpower/ibuypower.

Comments

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

Originally posted by alexanys1982

What I mean by 3rd gen is any fairly demanding up and coming mmo like TERA, Final Fantasy, AOC, maybe Guild Wars 2 at max settings....those are just examples of visually impressive games that I would like to tailor my new pc to play at max settings. What would be the cheapest setup to play all those games and anything else coming out in 2011 at full settings with 0 stutter? FYI I don't know a thing about building pc's I'll likely just scribble down w/e you guys suggest and head to newegg or cyberpower/ibuypower.

You need a CPU with at least two cores and a powerful GPU so strong that it hasn't been invented yet.

I hope that this helps.

Ok, I will get serious now...   Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.8GHz, it should hit the streets in september.

A version of Windows 7 that supports at least 16GB and you need 4GB of RAM or more.

nVidia GTX 480 graphics card or wait for the AMD Radeon HD 6000 series due in Q4.

Yeah you should probably wait until december before ordering your new computer because lots of good stuff is coming up.

ASUS motherboard, DDR3 1600MHz  memory from Corsair or Kingston, Corsair TX 650W or 750W PSU, Western Digital Caviar Black HDD, white or silver miditower with some chrome details would be nice too.

Edit: spelling

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.