Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

developers developers developers

13»

Comments

• crockopoopoocrockopoopoo Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Malcanis

Originally posted by Mr.Happy

Originally posted by cosy

First off, Incarna (9 teams, approximately 70 developers) Dust 514/EVE link (1 team, approximately 7 developers) In-space features (3 teams, approximately 22 developers) EVE Gate (1 team, approximately 10 developers) The others! (4 teams, approximately 15 developers) over 300 ppl at ccp and we only get this numbers on eve :((((

Does this mean they are abandoning EVE??

No it doesnt mean they're abandoning EVE. If it did, people like me wouldn't be pissed off, we'd simply be quietly ebaying our characters for whatever they'd get. CCP are putting a lot of resources in to the EVE-verse, but they're neglecting their core game quality while they do it. That's why we're pissed off.

Maybe they're purposely looking to expand their core game beyond the fanatical stylings of a bunch of malcontent forum qq'ers.  I know it's tough wrapping your brain around the fact that EVE isn't developed to your personal specifications, but, well....it just isn't.

And no, you shouldn't, and won't ever, run a company.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Originally posted by Bluefix

I have no idea what you're raging on about, but it certainly have nothing to do with what I said. It's no accident that I dont generally interfere with your discussions, as it would be a full time job to answer all the made up bs. Lets keep it that way /blocked

Nobody was raging.  Was more a case of a /facepalm trying to figure out what you were babbling about.  I kept trying to repeat what you said to get you to clarify it, but I suppose that it was easier for you to try to pretend you had not said it than try to figure it out as well.  After all, it started with my saying that reading what you had said made my brain hurt.

There was nothing made up in anything I said during this tangent.  Actually, there is never anything that I say that is made up.  It is too easy to break out the Google and smack somebody around with it in this day and age.

The interfering part was correct though - since - you were not contributing to the discussion in the least, only babbling on with nonsense.

Yes, these discussions can get pretty heated - some folks will let a few words fly here and there that they may not otherwise - but in general, most people have attempted to stick to the various levels of discussion for the topics at hand.  All in all, we've had a much more civilized debate than you see if the other forums here - and I think that comes from EVE having one of the better communities out there.  Personally, I'd just like to say thanks to all those that make it possible.

And as for you, Bluefix - don't let the hangar door hit you on the way out...

Something to the effect that CCP is attacking lag as if it was a serious problem. Even though thay have publicly stated just the opposite on several occasions.

So on the one hand it's not the problem, but even if it were it's being fixed  : |

Then there was the part about more people really wouldn't help the problem. I found this hard to believe. We have seen in the past, when CCP see lag as the key issue to making the core of their game function as it was designed, it gets fixed to manageable levels.

As I said earlier, from a PVE view it's not an issue, but from a large scale PVP view it's very real. Bringing it down to manageable levels would go a long way in quelling the current storm, as it would show that CCP cares about this form of game play, even though it's not central to the overall discussion of things not being addressed for some time.

Just how it looks to me image

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by cosy

First off, Incarna (9 teams, approximately 70 developers) Dust 514/EVE link (1 team, approximately 7 developers) In-space features (3 teams, approximately 22 developers) EVE Gate (1 team, approximately 10 developers) The others! (4 teams, approximately 15 developers) over 300 ppl at ccp and we only get this numbers on eve :((((

i forgot teh link http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=777

"Of those, seven are on loan from other projects - to which they will return once Incarna is launched - and the remainder are EVE development teams."

"I‘ve now accounted for 14 teams, but we release plan for 18 teams."

"On top of that we have some (space) cowboys running around injecting code into Tranquility live to debug fleet battles and fix exploits"

"This is not an accurate description of how a 200-person development team works."

70+7+22+10+15=124

200-124=76

There is alot of thing not said in that link, and there is alot of assumption made.

The biggest assumption made is that what was said in the link was the full story of how they work with EVE.

One assumption made in my post, look at the 124 number, it could very well be 97.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"