Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question before i pick this up.

Omega431Omega431 Member UncommonPosts: 92

Had a quick question before i decided to pick this up or not, the Conquest mode, AvA or whatever the mode is where your guild fights for control of territory, is it dead? or is it pretty active after Sandstorm?

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I don't have a big idea pre sandstorm, but it seems like there are 5 or so battles anytime i check going on.  It seems the big conglomerent JL finally get pushed down a notch by the large influx of new players.

But people say that quite often they get "outbid" to fight another Alliance / guild to fight for control of a hex, which is unfun. Or "sniped" on the bid.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Omega431

Had a quick question before i decided to pick this up or not, the Conquest mode, AvA or whatever the mode is where your guild fights for control of territory, is it dead? or is it pretty active after Sandstorm?

It isn't dead but compared to before alot less are playing for obvious reasons. Hi Rez will be changing AvA soon and many are hoping it'll be for the better this time. Before the maps would open up for a certain amount of time everyy week/day so that no matter your time zone you could always find a map to play on. They then changed it to clans deciding when the hex opens and forcing them to open a hex for only one hour every 72 hours.

AvA right now equals a map in 99% lock down compared to 100% open before, whoever came up with the idea to change AvA like this needs a kick in the gonads in my opinion!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

it's completely dead with nothing interesting on the horizon.

• SKYNET666SKYNET666 Member Posts: 2

Good game, I really enjoyed it (LV50 4 different type), but easily  get bored, and it's not MMORPG yet ( no open world yet)

Because of that, I wont recommand it till next patch.

Still if you want to play 10-20 (get in get out type) for time to time, maybe this is game 4 u

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

I've been playing this for a couple weeks, and although I'm primarily focused on PVE and PVP, I'm in a decent agency..and they're always engaged in AVA.

I didn't play if before, so I can't compare it, but there's certainly enough there to keep me busy until FFXIV in September.