Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was hoping everyone was wrong about this game and company

2»

Comments

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

Allods is junk and so is the company behind it...

1) they're charging players to play a beta.

2) the new patch makes the cash shop mandatory to advance in the game now

3) the gms and devs could careless about their customers and/or playerbase in general.

4) an expansion release in a game that still in beta? WTF what planet are the russians living on and what part of BETA do they not understand? Lets fix the current game before working on a expansion.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Mizzoufan

Allods is junk and so is the company behind it...

1) they're charging players to play a beta.

2) the new patch makes the cash shop mandatory to advance in the game now

3) the gms and devs could careless about their customers and/or playerbase in general.

4) an expansion release in a game that still in beta? WTF what planet are the russians living on and what part of BETA do they not understand? Lets fix the current game before working on a expansion.

I agree with the OP and might stop playing just cause of the beta stuff...

But seriously WTF #2 is just stupid... oh no if you wanna play you have to drop a few dollars (maybe 10 a month?)  yeah it's mandatory but its not exactly breaking my bank.

They had a 12 million dollar budget; how exactly are they going to pay that off without being a bit aggressive?  Russian mafia funded maybe? lol

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by Nephaerius

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate. :cry: 

Until this moment I was happy to continue giving Allods a fair chance.  I love the world, the lore and the gameplay.  That is, until I was robbed.  

Due to a bug, my character fell through the world and died.  Because of this, one of the Holy Charms that I had purchased was used up.  I thought to myself, "No problem.  This wasn't my fault at all and was truly not the intended use for these charms.  I'll send in a petition and get it back."

Here is the repsonse I recieved:

----------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue.

Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse Holy Charms in these type of situations.

We understand the death was due to a bug and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our game is currently in Open Beta and we look to having these type of bugs fixed closer to official release.

Thank you!

The Allods Team

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry? Something in my gut says that's not genuine.  They are charging players to BETA test their game and are perfectly comfortable with you losing items you purchased during this "test" due to their unfinished game.  I know that Holy Charms are pretty cheap (around 1 cent each). I'm not crying over a penny, I could care less...it's the principle of ripping off a paying customer.

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate. :cry: 

Until this moment I was happy to continue giving Allods a fair chance.  I love the world, the lore and the gameplay.  That is, until I was robbed.  

Due to a bug, my character fell through the world and died.  Because of this, one of the Holy Charms that I had purchased was used up.  I thought to myself, "No problem.  This wasn't my fault at all and was truly not the intended use for these charms.  I'll send in a petition and get it back."

Hello,

We understand the death was due to a bug and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our game is currently in Open Beta and we look to having these type of bugs fixed closer to official release.

Thank you!

The Allods Team

Sorry? Something in my gut says that's not genuine.  They are charging players to BETA test their game and are perfectly comfortable with you losing items you purchased during this "test" due to their unfinished game.  I know that Holy Charms are pretty cheap (around 1 cent each). I'm not crying over a penny, I could care less...it's the principle of ripping off a paying customer.

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate.

I feel for your pain.  I am getting pretty tired of them claiming this game is in beta.  They just put out an EXPANSION.  Since when do games release expansions while they're in beta?

This literally made me lol. I wasn't aware that the game was still in beta (der, didn't see the status up top.) I feel somewhat sorry for whoever drops cash on this game, not because the company is taking advantage of them with high prices for necessary in-game items while simultaneously toting the "f2p" label, but because I guess they don't realize that all the cash dropped and time spent could be wiped when the game officially goes gold. 

@ OP: I don't include you or others who dip their toes into the CS to try to truly experience the game. God knows I've dropped more than $10 to check a game out. I originally bought Vanguard at full retail price only to discover my pc was wayyyyyy too under-equipped to handle the graphics (ah to be young and stupid.) I'm directing the comment to the small percentage of people who are undoubtedly dropping tens to hundreds in the CS.

But yeah, this company seems to take their customers (at least their American ones) for granted; and sadly it seems to be paying off for them. At least, it hasn't bankrupted them yet.

Off topic side note/ suggestion: Change the label "f2p" on the games list to "f2t" for free to try. No game is truly free to play unless they have in-game adds or some alternative source of income, so why mislead prospective mmo players to believe that theses games are truly free? This may seem arbitrary, but on the whole it's more accurate.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Deathage

This literally made me lol. I wasn't aware that the game was still in beta (der, didn't see the status up top.) I feel somewhat sorry for whoever drops cash on this game, not because the company is taking advantage of them with high prices for necessary in-game items while simultaneously toting the "f2p" label, but because I guess they don't realize that all the cash dropped and time spent could be wiped when the game officially goes gold.

Well, they're probably not going to wipe characters when transitioning from open beta to the real thing (if that's ever going to happen). Many consider this a 'soft launch' because it's still quite buggy while already having a cash shop. During closed beta they did a wipe, but with open beta they said the characters would not be wiped. Of course they pulled quite a few stunts with the Gipat patch. Putting a 7 day timer on items from the Cash Shop being a really nice touch. Granted there were quests that would get you some of those as a reward. They got rid of all that and the people that bought those with real money, well tough, GPotatoes down the drain.

Needless to say, they kicked a lot of players where it hurts. Increased the xp required by a lot past level 20, but hey here's +200% xp scrolls whoohoo. They'll cost you a fortune to use, but that's what it's all about now: getting you to fork over obnioxious amounts of money to play this game.

Then the damage nerf, wow great idea, divide everybodies damage and healing by three point something and introduce new incense (cash shop, you guessed it) that will give you your old damage back, or almost. Great thinking, make it so that as you get higher and higher level, you can't even kill a single mob your own level without a cash shop only item (even if they're tradable so theoretically you could buy them there with in-game gold). And upon death you want another cash shop item to not get your gear cursed. You get the idea: without cash shop, don't even try playing this game for real.

They should probably review the rating this game gets after this patch, because it looks like what happened in Russia after Gipat (being 80% of players leaving) happened in NA and EU too, if not more. They're going to make regional modifications for the NA and EU versions now, instead of pure translations of the Russian version. Not that you should get your hopes up, it's just the band-aids getting here a bit faster than they were applied in Russia. There are no fundamental changes coming anytime soon, but at least they know they messed up bigtime, which is a start.

Right after the patch they held events to hand out the, now required, CS items. They most probably won't keep on doing this however. If you're considering playing this game, be warned: don't get hooked or it's going to become one expensive addiction.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

They're just trying to reinforce the stereotype.

In Soviet Russia the A-hole rapes You.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Its amusing to see all of the events and contest going on just to keep player retention. When they know they have to give in order to off-set the greed.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

LOL, these F2P games never exit Beta, they remain Beta for years so they can screw up the customers. Go and check around and see how many are still in Open beta. LOL.

Allods is a rip off, every single topic I opened there got deleted in minutes. Allod, RoM, GPotato, Rappelz, AO, JD, PWE, ESO, all a bunch of ripoff, dont buy CS dont get you anywhere, Customer services sucks in all the games, JD I have 3 technical topics open for help for over a month no one single response from GM, mods or tech people, they dont care.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• schroedingerschroedinger Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Qazz

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate.

id be happy to take them to small claims court just to make a point over that 1 penny. :)

• sumujisumuji Member Posts: 54

For those of you acting like spending a little money to play it is no big deal you have to realize they advertise the game as being totally free to play and obviously the people that come to these f2p games are mostly kids for that very reason. Even only costing $5 or less a month it still doesn't matter if you don't have a way of purchasing gPotato on your own.

I'm an adult in my 30's and I pay for gPot easily but I can certainly see why they just chased away half of their playerbase or more with the 1.1 money grabbing patch. Before the patch there was nothing on the item shop that was necessary to play normally. You could even get a few item shop or like item shop quality items via questing in the game but they totally removed those. They even do stupid things like nerf classes just to sell more item shop items. Like the runspeed buff on my Psionist that they reduced to 1/3 of what it was for the sole purpose of selling mounts that are barely faster than running. That's just showing you how they sit around in the conference room and toss around ideas of how they can nerf something to sell more gPot.

• DapyxDapyx Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by mayito7777

LOL, these F2P games never exit Beta, they remain Beta for years so they can screw up the customers. Go and check around and see how many are still in Open beta. LOL.

Allods is a rip off, every single topic I opened there got deleted in minutes. Allod, RoM, GPotato, Rappelz, AO, JD, PWE, ESO, all a bunch of ripoff, dont buy CS dont get you anywhere, Customer services sucks in all the games, JD I have 3 technical topics open for help for over a month no one single response from GM, mods or tech people, they dont care.

Maybe true fore some of that games, but surely not for ROM. ROM is a quality game with huge content, and high player base. Also myself and lots of others, were able to reach endgame and make endgame gear without spending real money. So of the f2p players are one of the top players on their servers. And that says much about f2p.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."--John Ruskin

People who play FTP games and expect anything more than nothing are fooling themselves. 

The sooner the gaming public realizes that FTP is a sham the better the genre will be.  FTP goes against all good business practices; therefore, it must use some very unpleasant or bad ones.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Sky_CardisSky_Cardis Member Posts: 2

Well I could not help but force myself to post about a game I never played, but I will speak within the general terms of Game companies.

Yes it is true that F2P have more lag, but this is based on there being so much more free players (compared to P2P games). This also adds to the fact where they place the game to help reduce the lag, father from the spot from where you live, the more chance of having laggy (varying on severity as well).

Yes the staff in all games, mostly F2P, do not care about their customers. Sure some start of being fair and helpful, but over time this will die out and start not caring. Outspark is a perfect example of this type of customer service. There is an unwritten rule all game companies (more of F2P) no matter how much they, "We shall never ban a paying customer." This is a sad and true statement. For example, again Outspark (and their Game Fiesta). They REFUSE to ban anyone who forks over loads of money no matter what they do. Maybe at times a slap on the wrist and sometimes just a 1 day suspension. But when they stop paying your worthless to them and will ban you for any small thing. I call this "Cash Shop Bribery". Another game on bad service on this unwritten rule is Nexon (and their game is Combat Arms). This game is KNOWN for hackers being every (or on more litteral terms "Player(s) using cheats from a hack source from sites"). There can be a player obviously hacking such as flying around or killing everyone while being in one spot (OPK) and so on. There is a few hacker(s) who are loaded with Cash Shop Items. They have been reported (filmed, screen shotted, and so on), but the player(s) hasn't been banned and has been there over a week and even past that. What I am saying here people is "As long as they are getting their money from people they do not care what they do."

Now onto other points in the case. I will agree with some you shouldn't pay money on a still Beta game. HOWEVER this does nnot mean you should either get your money back or the item you lost because of their flaw. This is why I will never pay to play a free game (and because I'm poor and cheap :P). Now the sad thrit is, if they do not get any cash flow they won't cheap prices or be fair at times, they will just shut down the game. To some this is "Yay the crappy game is dead!" and to other is "Why did a great game die D:". Both have their sides, but the fact is the same, the game will die because most companies won't make enough money if they lower prices, and if they do lower prices then the game is good as dead because all the "Cash Chop Whores" as I call them will be over powered causing the game to die in itself (again Like Outspark's Fiesta).

I never played this game  "Allods", but as you can tell by the way I talk about Outspark's Fiesta, it seems to be doing the same things Fiesta has done from what I have read about this game from the players. All I can advice is, if you do not like the game for what they did, simply find another to lessen the stress in your mind.

~Sky Cardis~

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

I think a letter to the MMORPG.com editor would solve alot of this...

If Allods keeps claiming they are in beta, then why does MMORPG.com carry so many advertisments for the game?

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• ShadewalkerShadewalker Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by Phelcher

I think a letter to the MMORPG.com editor would solve alot of this...

If Allods keeps claiming they are in beta, then why does MMORPG.com carry so many advertisments for the game?

Because the developers pay them to.

Consequently, your letter to the editor will go straight into the bin. Remember, this is a forum equivalent of F2P, we aren't paying to access this forum and therefore our views count less than those of the advertisers who are paying to keep it running.

Cynical? Maybe, but not overly so.

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

Well, I suspect in a few years the US Dollar will need to be revamped. So for now, pay them in monopoly money and tell them its in BETA.

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/