Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The grind?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by UbahNecro

Originally posted by Mannish

Originally posted by MaxionVoX

This is an open pvp game where clans control everything about the game. How is an A Grade toon going to kill an Epic Boss that drops some of the richest prizes in this game? What clan is going to stand by and watch somebody weaker than them take something that goes for Billions of Adena? This is not some Thempark MMo like World Of Warcraft or Lord Of The Rings.

Hmmmm Epic Boss that drops shiny stuffz with no corpse looting doesn't sound too far off from WoW imo....

I love how these guys mistake long grinds and bad game mechanics for macho MMO Epeen..

Has nonthing to do with Epeen. Lineage 2 is an Open World, Open PVP game thats based on Clan Politics  where the Clans / Alliances fight each other for control of the valuable resources in the game.  I will repeat again, this is not World Of Warcraft regardless of what it sounds like to a person who has never played a real mmo and has no idea what the hell I am talking about.

You're still missing his point. L2 is plagued by bad gameplay, bad game machanics, and lack of any decent content.

It's not world of warcraft. It's worrst than WoW. It's a PvP game, and even the PvP is much worse than World of Warcraft.

Lol @ hte Politics comment. Seriously, that crap stopped working as a crutch for this game years ago... Let it go. L2 peaked around C5/Interlude and it has gone steadily downhill since then. That was like... 3 years ago when those updates were released.

On top of that, we're constantly behind Korea and almost any other region on updates. We don't even have Freya yet, and they have the update after Freya live in Korea.

This game is a failure in teh NA/EU market but survives only because it is alone in its niche.

I am not missing anything. To YOU Lineage 2 is plagued by bad gameplay, bad game mechanics, and lack of any decent content. Do you think everybody playing this game has a gun pointed to their heads making them play everyday? Why the hell do you think people are playing? Because they enjoy playing Lineage 2.  Where do you people come from? I will say this again. Just because you dont like the game dont attack a person who does and dont blame the game for it. Everything is not for everybody. Move along, sheww, go  away.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

I am not missing anything. To YOU Lineage 2 is plagued by bad gameplay, bad game mechanics, and lack of any decent content. Do you think everybody playing this game has a gun pointed to their heads making them play everyday? Why the hell do you think people are playing? Because they enjoy playing Lineage 2.  Where do you people come from? I will say this again. Just because you dont like the game dont attack a person who does and dont blame the game for it. Everything is not for everybody. Move along, sheww, go  away.

your the one who startet attacking first, it's more like l2 failed us and that's why we went away.

anyway people are here for information about the game, and where happy to point out the negative's, someone has to do it when your to lazy just look at your freaya post.

It might sound sweet and all with gm event's and such but that update is far overdue and the worst thing is how long are we gonna have to wait for High Five one off the most importent update's for legal's the 40% exp decreasment in all lvl's from 78 to 85 and a 20% increase in exp on all monster's over lvl 76.

ncsoft always screwed over legal player's and they still doing it, High Five is far away as i already mentioned why.

I am not here to attack or argue. I am here on the Lineage 2 forum trying to provide help and information to people who are intrested in playing the game. I like Lineage 2 so thats why I come here.

I cant worry about High Five and whats was planned. Who knows why its late and what can anybody do about it?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I am not here to attack or argue. I am here on the Lineage 2 forum trying to provide help and information to people who are intrested in playing the game. I like Lineage 2 so thats why I come here.

I cant worry about High Five and whats was planned. Who knows why its late and what can anybody do about it?

Those High Five features look awesome, might put some players back in the game tbf, not saying ti will regenerate the game but 40% XP cut thats alot, that will make the end game easier and more interesting tbf.

I just wish they had a mix of progression, sure some of those quests are boring the few that are in game, but it would be nice for them to add a few quests in for ppl who like to run around kill some things go somewhere else, I for one find that cool, I loved doing the second class change back in Interlude it was awesome, those type of quests and just killing for XP sometimes I like just to login and kill that would be cool too.

I have been saying for years that the Lineage 2 quest system needs to be totally redone. The quest system is still based on when the game first came out and those quest are just not worth doing in todays game. The one thing I loved about Everquest 2 was that I could spend my time questing and getting good xp and items or I could just an xp group and still got good xp and items. Everquest 2 has a system where you can do both and still have fun and advance your character. I wish Lineage 2 was like this because grinding ever day does get tedius and boring at times.

I use to be against this but now I think that Lineage 2 really should go Free To Play. When a mmo stops getting new players joining the game the mmo starts do go downhill. The server merges are not going to bring in new players. Its just going to combine together what few players are left in the game. With all the people playing on private servers they need to really look into making a Free To Play model for the west like they did in Russia.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by MaxionVoX

This is an open pvp game where clans control everything about the game. How is an A Grade toon going to kill an Epic Boss that drops some of the richest prizes in this game? What clan is going to stand by and watch somebody weaker than them take something that goes for Billions of Adena? This is not some Thempark MMo like World Of Warcraft or Lord Of The Rings.

Hmmmm Epic Boss that drops shiny stuffz with no corpse looting doesn't sound too far off from WoW imo....

I love how these guys mistake long grinds and bad game mechanics for macho MMO Epeen..

Has nonthing to do with Epeen. Lineage 2 is an Open World, Open PVP game thats based on Clan Politics  where the Clans / Alliances fight each other for control of the valuable resources in the game.  I will repeat again, this is not World Of Warcraft regardless of what it sounds like to a person who has never played a real mmo and has no idea what the hell I am talking about.

You're still missing his point. L2 is plagued by bad gameplay, bad game machanics, and lack of any decent content.

It's not world of warcraft. It's worrst than WoW. It's a PvP game, and even the PvP is much worse than World of Warcraft.

Lol @ hte Politics comment. Seriously, that crap stopped working as a crutch for this game years ago... Let it go. L2 peaked around C5/Interlude and it has gone steadily downhill since then. That was like... 3 years ago when those updates were released.

On top of that, we're constantly behind Korea and almost any other region on updates. We don't even have Freya yet, and they have the update after Freya live in Korea.

This game is a failure in teh NA/EU market but survives only because it is alone in its niche.

But it's important to note that the politics is the reason to play the game. The issue is, as you noted, that without new players or a healthier population, that tends to wind down to nothing.

I would agree that C5 was the peak. That was actually when I took my first break as I didn't think the developers had any clear idea of where they were going.

I don't think the game is a failure as there are people who love the game play. Heck, I still love the game play. However, I am just not up to the economy part. The issue is that not a lot of people are interested in this type of game. I love jazz. I don't think it's a failure because it's not widely loved. But certainly not enough people love it to bring it to the forefront. Same with L2, people love the game. Just not enough people to make it work coupled with mistakes by the devs.

I believe the devs were very bad at imagining a game play arc that took into account new and old players.

That is why there is such a disparity between low level players and high level players AND they essentially are allowing lower level players to gloss over lower lvl content. My opinion is that wasn't wise as they essentially are throwing out a lot of good stuff/areas so that players can leap up to A grade.

I would also add, that no matter how much easier it is to level to A grade, I would posit that most people who are used to easier leveling games, will not think it easy. After the first 20-25 levels that is.

Look at how many people thought that Aion's leveling was hard. I can't help but smile at that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I just want to add something I absolutely forgot that I think it is relevant. While this game is indeed grindy, if you are starting with someone else and you plan on leveling together this game can be an absolute blast all the way to 76, I have done this a couple of times with my wife as we leveled toons from 1 , and it is a lot of fun, as long as you do it at your own pace, do the repeatable quests, start setting crafting goals, and start saving adena from the start.

Also when leveling like this you dont need to follow the optimal area of XP, and we always ended up going to different areas for a bit of XP or just to see the drops etc.. And that makes it much more fun, imho L2 has a really nice world and all the areas are quite lush and well put together.

With this in mind however going at it alone can get extremely boring as you will just try and get up as fast as possible, for anyone wanting to try this out, I would advise doing your homework on what classes work well together, get a friend/gf/wife to start with you and pick one of the combos that you both enjoy , and there are really many many good combinations, ofc there will be better than others but there are a lot of good combinations that you can level together with little hassle.

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

Lol. AFAICT (from reading quite a few of your posts, yes I did a search just to make sure I wasn't making a bad judgement), you're nothing more than a forum troll rooting for NCSofton these forums.

The game is bad. You're a low level scrub player who is a non-factor in game and tries to be hardcore on a forums. Telling people what end-game is and trying to explain to people who are 3+ levels higher than you (with sub classes and boxed buffers higher level than your main) what this game is. We all know this game is desperate for new players. You don't have to make such desperation so obvious.

Anyone who starts playign this game (roughly 85% of them) will quit before they even get to S Grade, because this game is boring and the only reason to really keep playing is to keep in touch with old friends. There are few redeeming factors in this game that make it actually worth the insane amount of time required to progress in it.

Content is terrible. Raiding and PvE is terribad. PvP is so out of balance it isn't even funny.

No wonder you're so full of rage. Lol. Seriously... You can't NOT see how bad you're making yourself look?

You don't think click to move, auto turning your toon when you use a skill, bad physics (LoS objects that can interrupt a cass that... well, you can't see them), and redundant classes separated only by a couple skills, attribute and/or racial stats makes for completely boring gameplay... I don't even want to delve more into the game mechanics issues.

Seriously, son, you're out of your league. Just shut it. Lol. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time arguing with someone my boxed buffer or low subclass can probably 2 shot.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Ima just say .. damn, haha; the above post pretty much closed this thread lol;

But no, you are right, the game is so unbalanced and the graphics are horrible now, i mean, each zone you would be sitting in for HOURS and HOURS trying to ding atleast once, are some of the most boring and uncreative areas ever;

If i want to go and sit in a cave for hours and hours to level, ill go play Oblivion, atleast that way there will be some intrigue and mystery to each cave;

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

I used to be addicted to Morrowind.

Lol. Can't even count the amount of time I spent in those games!

Lol. AFAICT (from reading quite a few of your posts, yes I did a search just to make sure I wasn't making a bad judgement), you're nothing more than a forum troll rooting for NCSofton these forums.

The game is bad. You're a low level scrub player who is a non-factor in game and tries to be hardcore on a forums. Telling people what end-game is and trying to explain to people who are 3+ levels higher than you (with sub classes and boxed buffers higher level than your main) what this game is. We all know this game is desperate for new players. You don't have to make such desperation so obvious.

Anyone who starts playign this game (roughly 85% of them) will quit before they even get to S Grade, because this game is boring and the only reason to really keep playing is to keep in touch with old friends. There are few redeeming factors in this game that make it actually worth the insane amount of time required to progress in it.

Content is terrible. Raiding and PvE is terribad. PvP is so out of balance it isn't even funny.

No wonder you're so full of rage. Lol. Seriously... You can't NOT see how bad you're making yourself look?

You don't think click to move, auto turning your toon when you use a skill, bad physics (LoS objects that can interrupt a cass that... well, you can't see them), and redundant classes separated only by a couple skills, attribute and/or racial stats makes for completely boring gameplay... I don't even want to delve more into the game mechanics issues.

Seriously, son, you're out of your league. Just shut it. Lol. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time arguing with someone my boxed buffer or low subclass can probably 2 shot.

Well I cant keep arguing with an idiot because that just makes me an idiot also. You keep talking about how bad the game is and tell me when you get your reward for doing it. You probaly some private server noob. The funniest thing about this is that he keeps saying the exact thing over and over and over. image

I say the same things over and over again because you obviously don't get it, and none of your "counter-arguments" actually have anything to do with what I put forth.

And the private server noob comment... Very original!

Lol. You're terrible. Seriously... Terribad.

Keep on making yourself look bad, Level 77 wonderboi!

If they merge our servers, perhaps I'll PK you relentlessly just so you can be certain I actually exist!!!1!

You may not return to your regularly scheduled "I's a fanboi fo L2 todae!!!"

Sorry but I cant keep arguing with a Lineage 2 failure who probaly never made it out of the level 20's. The funniest part is that he keeps saying the same thing over and over and over. LOL

You actually did a search on me?  I am flattered but seriously  thats some real noob stuff right there because it really aint that serious.

Sorry but I cant keep arguing with a Lineage 2 failure who probaly never made it out of the level 20's. The funniest part is that he keeps saying the same thing over and over and over. LOL
    You actually did a search on me?  I am flattered but seriously  thats same real noob stuff right there because it really aint that serious.

Unlike some people, I like to form opinions on the basis of facts.

Lol @ the level 20 comment.

I have 2 toons and a sub higher level than you.

It takes 20 minutes to get out of level 20. Please, try not to sound like a desperate failure.

And why are you repeating yourself? Try not to look like a hypocrite, k?

I'll have to stop now. You seem to be resorting to trolling now. I cna't entertain that. By ebaddie!

You probaly one of those private server noobs. If you got some toons then plz tell me you on Phoenix server so I can have somebody new to kill.

Sorry, I don't play on the Nova Bot Server.

Lol Level 77 telling me he's gonna kill me...

Seriously... Cool down and stop embarassing yourself.

Playing for 4 years and only have 2 77 toons. You sure are a professional, and you sure incite a high level of intimidation within me!

That too bad becuase this level 77 only likes fighting against higher level players but i still dont belive you are one of them. You private server noob till I am proven different.

Am I really supposed to feel like I need to prove something to an unknown troll/fanboi on a forum?

I don't think so.

Is that what you do everytime someone puts you in your place? "Post screenshots of your character or you're a PRIVATE SERVER NOOB (oh ma gawdz! not me!) and nobody is gonna believe you..."

Umm..

Yessa massa... BRB!

Not.

I'm done with you, Lol.

Prove me wrong!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

He can't because he probably does play on private servers

Lol.

Cause everyone else in this thread is posting screenshots of their characters on this forum.

Mannish is a legit L2 player because... He says so?

But I need to post screens of my toons because he's mad he got raped in a game forum?

Please ... Something a little less ridiculous...

Got raped how? You talk alot of stuff but you dont really say anything so why should I keep talking to you? What are the rates at your server? image

Any other information is none of your business.

Now stop making yourself look terrible, idiot.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6483/shot00022d.jpg

Nothing I say about this game should come off as surprising. After all, you do spend over half of your posts in this game forum defending it from people who basically agree with every word I wrote.

So I'll go back to referring to you as a low level non-factor baddie forum troll fanboi, and allow you some time to go fish for some other posters to attempt to berate when they tell the truth about this dead game.

Ciao.

You the only one looking like a fool if you have not noticed. A person thats been on this forum for years but all of a sudden shows up now talkig nonthing but trash about the game. Where have you been in all the past discussions we have here. Private Server Noob!!!!!

I've been playing games, so that when I make comments about them they can be backed up by actual experience. I don't want to be a level 77 (been playing 4 years, LOL!) no-nothing like Mannish trolling the forums talking about stuff I have no clue of..

Something like that.

Sorry I don't spend all my time on the forums, even though I've been here longer than you O.o

Proven wrong and still hanging on to the last straw. You truly are desperate!

You go girl (I'm convinced you're a girl... around 13 years old... No man is this emo.).

/smiles/