Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a heads up

gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

This game is already failing it up hard.

Patcher is a torrent and the developers don't seed it, also none of the other clients seed after finishing.  Soooooo, no one can patch currently.

This would itself not be a problem I assume if the developers read or communicated anything.  So far ZERO COMMUNICATION from any sort of developer/moderator on the forums on day one.

Day one closed beta and zero support.

Not saying it's gonna always be this bad, but for day one it's pretty piss poor atm.  I'm sorry to all of you following this game.

Comments

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

The game is boring, too bad.

Eleanor Rigby.

• dubbadubba Member Posts: 3

So far ZERO COMMUNICATION from any sort of developer/moderator on the forums on day one

you hit that nail right on the head

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Originally posted by gauge2k3
    Patcher is a torrent and the developers don't seed it, also none of the other clients seed after finishing.  Soooooo, no one can patch currently.
    This would itself not be a problem I assume if the developers read or communicated anything.  So far ZERO COMMUNICATION from any sort of developer/moderator on the forums on day one.
    Not saying it's gonna always be this bad, but for day one it's pretty piss poor atm.  I'm sorry to all of you following this game.

I haven't experienced any of these problems. Never torrent ed a patch, or the game for that matter, game ran the patch itself. Even with a crazy ping from shitty internet at my parents I am able to play, although with some lag. (my ping is 999)

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by Joliust

I haven't experienced any of these problems. Never torrent ed a patch, or the game for that matter, game ran the patch itself. Even with a crazy ping from shitty internet at my parents I am able to play, although with some lag. (my ping is 999)

The patcher uses torrenting.  You just don't see it.  It's like WoWs patcher.  Except blizzard actually seeds the patches also, so people have somewhere to get it from.  The first few people were lucky to get the torrent, but no everyone else currently is screwed.  And since there is TONS of communication from devs we know they are going to fix it soon.

Who hosts a torrent and doesn't seed it....just stupid.  Also who launches a beta and doesn't say ANYTHING on the first day? 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Your exagerrating about the patcher, it starts out slow but picks up to a decent rate (1.3MB/s earlier on) for most people.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by Kabaal

Your exagerrating about the patcher, it starts out slow but picks up to a decent rate (1.3MB/s earlier on) for most people.

Go read the forums and say I'm exageratting.  It not working at all means, it's not working at all.

• SirmakiSirmaki Member UncommonPosts: 118

There is a official response now. The download server is acting up but it's the middle of the night there. There is a work around posted, ie someone put the patch on a upload site and you can dl and manually patch or so they said. Downloaded  the 60 megs and going to try install before the wife gets here to haul me off to meet some people :)

• maderimaderi Member UncommonPosts: 5

Is beta for a reason so we can test and see the problems and this is one of them, the game never claimed to be released other than that i find it pretty refreshing and different from the rest so i am happy with it

• AoCrulesAoCrules Member Posts: 104

Dont be sorry for us, be sorry for yourself. You need to troll the internet.

Free to play game and you can easily spent like 2-4 week this with current content. Theres simply so many tanks its easy to mess with those like couple weeks. Maybe fail for wargaming, but not definitely fail for us players.

Members are raising rapidly. Just unbelievable it was 1500 like 5 days ago and now 11k! The powah of F2P!

Hater of hater of World of Tank. Latest wargame from wargaming.net.

• ArmaniDemonArmaniDemon Member Posts: 133

Bah... Once the "ooo tanks!" factor wears off, it starts to feel like serious grind.

Man so much fun. Played like 3-4 hour I think, no single crash, good 100 fps, ping about 70, I did see some rubberbanding with some fast tanks though... but I think they just need to slow the game little bit. Tanks are slow you know, especially when some really heavy tanks come to the battleground. This is really strategy shooter. You need to think strategically instead use your fast reflexs. Life is good, they give us free gold. Its free. What else you can ask!

Main concern is population really but if its true what devs said they got huge fanbase in Russia. I'd imagine at least some maybe more educated people who know how to speak English for example from Moscow can join us and get good ping.

Gotta add. I was alone, I waited little bit, tanks start to get destroyed, noticed the opportinity that fuck I go get the flag, then spot 2 tanks. I knew I was destroyed, and then ally artillery knocked them both out! Uber-epic!

• ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

Originally posted by AoCrules

Man so much fun. Played like 3-4 hour I think, no single crash, good 100 fps, ping about 70, I did see some rubberbanding with some fast tanks though... but I think they just need to slow the game little bit. Tanks are slow you know, especially when some really heavy tanks come to the battleground. This is really strategy shooter. You need to think strategically instead use your fast reflexs. Life is good, they give us free gold. Its free. What else you can ask!

Main concern is population really but if its true what devs said they got huge fanbase in Russia. I'd imagine at least some maybe more educated people who know how to speak English for example from Moscow can join us and get good ping.

Tanks were slow in WWI.  Modern western tanks (M1A2, Leopard 2, Merkava, Challenger, etc) can top 40 mph easily.

• Fuhyo01Fuhyo01 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Elirion

Tanks were slow in WWI.  Modern western tanks (M1A2, Leopard 2, Merkava, Challenger, etc) can top 40 mph easily.

There were a number of light and medium tanks in both the Allied and Axis inventory that could reach those speeds.

• ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

Originally posted by Fuhyo01

Originally posted by Elirion

There were a number of light and medium tanks in both the Allied and Axis inventory that could reach those speeds.

True, but the ones i named are all Main Battle Tanks.

• KualaBDKualaBD Member UncommonPosts: 131

I can't even get my registration completed.

I registered using  the key given to me by mmorpg.  The registration page said they sent an e-mail for confirmation, but I never got it.  It's not in my spam folder or anything either.  I use AOL so maybe their e-mail systems don't get along.

• FragbaitFragbait Member Posts: 1

Same thing happened to me..and  I dont use aol...anyone know how to correct it?

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

You say you can not update patch..  but your not telling us what your doing wrong...  DId the game download? Do you see the start game screen? Have you tried saving the file and then turning off your virus protection? Did you run as admin?   Tell us...   I have vista 64...VISTA   and I have had no issues... 

This is the best F2P game in months..  sure, not alot of maps.. but you do have other tanks to work up for...  and the grind is fun..  what game doesent have a grind...   I can say I'll be having fun with this game for lil bit.

Originally posted by vectrexevo

This is the best F2P game in months..  sure, not alot of maps.. but you do have other tanks to work up for...  and the grind is fun..  what game doesent have a grind...   I can say I'll be having fun with this game for lil bit.

Clanwars are going to be at launch. I think theres more maps at least devs said "mini-maps". Global Map is divided into hundred of zone. As far I know lets say France zone, its using France's timezone, so those who're from France can easily defend it during their evening time. Something like that.  Sounds fun but could be fail too.  What makes this fun is you really win games by good strategy. There isnt some uber-combo-team or solo rapeass thing. Good TD easily knock out Tiger for example.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

It's free to play and it's name is "world of tanks"...

What the fuck did you expect?

Also devs gave example Clan commander can send 27 tank to defend zone. So does that mean mini-maps are smaller but more tanks, like that 30 vs 30 they promised.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by TheHavok

It's free to play and its name is "world of tanks"...

What the fuck did you expect?

Devs already said they just didnt believe in such a fast growth of community. They get steadily 2k new members daily. Theres mods now. Fun to see how long they can keep that going.

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

I didn't have a single issue installing or patching. Downloaded the client a couple days before beta started and updated the night beta started. Have played a decent amount of matches with no issues at all.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Unfortunatly this game is as fun as actually driving a tank around a 1940s battlefield, and by that I am you drive around for a while then by the time you realize you're being shot at your already dead.

• EllestarEllestar Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Sain34

Unfortunatly this game is as fun as actually driving a tank around a 1940s battlefield, and by that I am you drive around for a while then by the time you realize you're being shot at your already dead.

On a low-lvl tanks only. DPS doesn't grow that much for higher-lvl tanks (sure, damage grows but reload time is lower), but health is significantly higher, and armor is better. So, you survive for a relatively long time in most heavy tanks, unless you're against the entire enemy team.