Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No point downloading.

KainMXKainMX Member Posts: 1

This was a good game, but not now they've installed the new patch (7/6/10)

I got to level 37 before patch and now it is impossible to even kill a same level mob without cash shop items, even with cash shop items you die half the time = alot, it's also impossible to get a group to kill mobs because the servers are empty, even so, if you could find people you would have to repeat the quest because kills for quests only register for the person who hits them first, so a 6 man party would have to repeat the quest 6 times.

They've nerfed our damage dealt by 200% unless you have something called patronage(1 level of patronage increases damage by 50%, so you'll need 4 levels to break even on damage dealt, level 35+ each patronage level requires a grind you cant do, because you die.) and incense item which is cash shop only,

They've nerfed our defense so we take more damage, I lost 1089 in total and take 41% more damage.

They've added cursed items which invert our stats upon death on selected items, supposedly a small chance but your also dieing 10x more, only way to get rid of this is through cash shop items.

They've increased the experience needed to level and for a game that was meant to be quest to level, it's now quest+grind hard and long to level.

They've increase the time it takes to heal, and nerfed healing spells unless you have incense item (cs)

I could go on... however I won't, if your still foolish enough to download a game that advertises to be free to play but actually is " pay or can't play " then you'll soon realise how dumb this game now is.

Goodluck!

Nival online... you suck donkey [explicit]

Comments

• beartoebeartoe Member Posts: 62

Free to play / cash shops .. what do you expect.

• SyberSmokeSyberSmoke Member Posts: 4

You can have an effective cash shop with out the game play being tied to it.  There are many MMO's that have done this and are still around.  The problem is that when people get greedy, they take the path of least resistance.  That is usually the path that kills the game and would make it better to just have it P2P.  Here is to hoping they change their minds.

• LordCeonLordCeon Member UncommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by beartoe

Free to play / cash shops .. what do you expect.

its not free to play anymore its F2P (FORCE 2 PAY) or you cant lvl past 20 or pvp or do anything really

• GiosyncGiosync Member Posts: 108

I'm disgusted by Gpotato for supporting this game to be honest. It was a brilliant game prior to FoD and would've made tons of money with a fair cash shop and the game alone. To bad they went and fucked it up, I hope this game burns and takes Gpotato and everyone involved in making it down.

I'm free on Friday.

• RougeReaperRougeReaper Member Posts: 27

They made a new downloader so you just need to redownload it.

• drsinisterdrsinister Member UncommonPosts: 42

I agree, there is no point in getting this game now.

I loved this game before the patch.  I even spent money into the Cash Shop on items, when I wanted to, but now players are forced into buying Charms to make sure theat their items do not get cursed.  Yes, I know I can buy them on the AH from other players that bought it but for 50g a pop, when your leveling trying to get gear 50g for 1 charm to save 1 item 1 time from a small chance of your item getting cursed upon death is sooooo not worht it.

I hate it that a good game feels that it needs to now go from Free 2 Play with Cash Shop to Forced 2 Pay with Cash Shops.

They should just make the damn thing Pay to Play.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Lots of crying over what comes out to be about 5-10 dollars a month.

If you're all that poor maybe you should be working instead of crying about f2p games charging you 30 cents for a 24h incense.

• misterpetemisterpete Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Angier2758

If you're all that poor maybe you should be working instead of crying about f2p games charging you 30 cents for a 24h incense.

The issue as far as I'm concerned is that they advertise it so heavily as a free-to-play game. Forcing players to purchase items from the cash shop (i.e. incense and holy charms) means that the game is really not f2p. I played this game a lot before the recent patch and it was a really, really good game. Sadly, this is no longer the case. The best we can hope for is that the developer's will realise the error of their ways and revert to a system closer to the old one.

• ThyarThyar Member Posts: 17

Don't believe the lies.

It comes out to FAR more than $5 - $10 a month.

Again - the fanbois saying otherwise are lying to you about what using the Item Shop in Allods will cost post lvl 23.

And no one has yet mentioned the severe GRIND post lvl 23 - or the fact that their endgame is all but dead.

Stay away from Allods.

It had huge promise before the Patch of Doom that came out on July 7th - now it simply sucks sweaty monkey balls.

And no, guys - they are not going to change anything significant in the future to correct the notorious issues asphyxiating the game right now.  The NA version is about 2 patches behind the Russian version - and the Developers themselves announced in the main forums via their site that the situation was, for the most part, remaining exactly as it is.

Old enough to know better - young enough to do it anyway.

• drsinisterdrsinister Member UncommonPosts: 42

Originally posted by Angier2758

Lol, thre is more then just 24h Incense you need to buy.  Incense is to help put your damage back to where it was pre patch, also you need to buy charms to keep an item when you die from being cursed, and if it gets curse you then have to buy another item that is way more then a charm to decurse it, and any item that is blue, purple or orange can be cursed.

Also when you get to Holy Lands your screwed because you are going to die atleast 1 to 2 a few hours even if you try to be careful.  Yes, you can keep your pvp flag down, but that means crap when you have lvl 40s farming the war banners in the zone.  Also they gimped the leveling that it forces you to buy exp scrolls to get back to what the exp rate was pre patch.

The old FoD was manage able, the drops were nothing to clear FoD and get out of Purg.

Also I have no problems paying for a game, I am paying monthly for WoW, EQ2 and 2 accounts for Free Realms (w/ daughter) and still can afford to spend $10-20 for 2 Free 2 Play games that have Cash Shops.

Also like I stated in my post, I did spend money on Allod's cash shop, when I felt I wanted to cuz pre patch you didnt have to have the Cash Shop items to progress in the game.  Allods was a great game till this patch that forced you to pay to play.  Also not every one out there can afford a monthly fee of $10-15 a month for game, hence why they chose to play a game to "ADVERTISES" that it is a FREE TO PLAY game.  Also that is why other games offer a FREE TO PLAY with a Cash Shop that is not required to play the game but does make it easier to do things in game, but Allods is FORCING you to pay or you won't be able to do anything in the game.