Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be Who You Want To Be

SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

That's right, when you play Asheron's Call you can be who you want to be. Not only do you get to pick which skills you want instead of being shoved into a class, you don't even have to post on forums using your real name! So as you quit WoW and are looking for a fun game to go to, look no further,

http://trial.ac.turbine.com/

Comments

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

That's right, when you play Asheron's Call you can be who you want to be. Not only do you get to pick which skills you want instead of being shoved into a class, you don't even have to post on forums using your real name! So as you quit WoW and are looking for a fun game to go to, look no further,

http://trial.ac.turbine.com/

Sadly most modern day "MMORPG" players prefer pretty graphics and linear uninteresting gameplay vs a social sandbox virtual world. Makes them think too much.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

True, there are a lot of players that will only move on to the next shiny game and then complain that it is boring. However based on the fact that AC's numbers are higher then they were a year ago, there are certainly people still interesting in have a lot of fun with an MMO.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

However based on the fact that AC's numbers are higher then they were a year ago, there are certainly people still interesting in have a lot of fun with an MMO.

How did you come to this conclusion? I don't doubt the population is increasing on DT and FF, but I seriously doubt the remainings servers are better of than they were a year ago.

I know for a fact that Leafcull has less people playing now than a year ago regardless of housing data. I use the Decal plugin that shows how many people are logged in. A year ago the number of people logged in never went below 100, no matter the time of day, day of the week, or time of the month. Just a week or two ago when I was subscribed, I frequently saw less than 100 people logged in.

The question is do the rising populations on DT and FF outweight the loss on the other servers?

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

However based on the fact that AC's numbers are higher then they were a year ago, there are certainly people still interesting in have a lot of fun with an MMO.

How did you come to this conclusion? I don't doubt the population is increasing on DT and FF, but I seriously doubt the remainings servers are better of than they were a year ago.

I know for a fact that Leafcull has less people playing now than a year ago regardless of housing data. I use the Decal plugin that shows how many people are logged in. A year ago the number of people logged in never went below 100, no matter the time of day, day of the week, or time of the month. Just a week or two ago when I was subscribed, I frequently saw less than 100 people logged in.

The question is do the rising populations on DT and FF outweight the loss on the other servers?

Yes I am aware you are determined to think otherwise, however the peak online concurrency is up significantly on almost all servers from a year ago. VT and WE haven't really changed much. LC may have lower valleys but that could easily just mean less people are running bots then they used to, the highs of LC are higher then before.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I want to play a Dragonman, or a Shadowdemon. Possible?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Yes I am aware you are determined to think otherwise, however the peak online concurrency is up significantly on almost all servers from a year ago. VT and WE haven't really changed much. LC may have lower valleys but that could easily just mean less people are running bots then they used to, the highs of LC are higher then before.

I have some actual numbers. There are less houses owned now than a year ago and there are fewer people logged in. I'll believe that over what you feel or think you see in game. That is unless you have some inside information?

I have some actual numbers. There are less houses owned now than a year ago and there are fewer people logged in. I'll believe that over what you feel or think you see in game. That is unless you have some inside information?

I just told you using the same plugin you are so happy about, (and your whole 1 server analysis, on the third smallest population server) I use to check peak levels, they are higher then before. When the highest number of accounts logged in at a time goes up by a significant percentage, it is obvious to even the most narrow minded individual that the sub numbers has almost certainly also gone up. The only way that the sub numbers wouldn't go up in that case is if there were a whole lot of sleepers who had been paying all this time and decided to start logging in again.

Originally posted by Palebane

I want to play a Dragonman, or a Shadowdemon. Possible?

Actually you can play a shadow, it's one of the new races. Make a shadow named Dragonman and you've hit 2 for 2, congrats on joining AC now that you can play a Dragonman shadow :) .

You say you don't use Decal.

You say you don't use Decal.

I don't use decal to play the game, I use it to check the populations since Turbine stopped showing them to the player on login. I like information, especially when people like you try to throw out crazy theories backed by incorrect data, my information allows me to know better.

Decal doesn't get used in any in game process or actions, no buffing, no virindi tank, no go arrow (I would hope most people don't need that now with the town network but I'm sure some still can't find anything), nothing. No programs are ever turned on when I'm in game.

I understand this was your last feeble attempt at this discussion, because I have constantly proved your points wrong (along with many others when you try to post on the official boards). It is almost sad that you say you hate modern AC, and that everyone uses decal to play, and the game is dying. Yet all your thoughts on the game keep being proven wrong, and you keep resubbing to the game. So what exactly is your deal that you like to lurk here and make a random comment now and then that I get to easily prove wrong?

You do this frequently in your posts, you basically repeatedly say "You're wrong, you're wrong, everyone thinks you're wrong" to make your argument seem stronger than it really is. My data is valid, the conclusion is debatable as I've conceded. You say the peaks are higher and apparently declining housing ownership and lower lows means nothing.

I'm not going to lie, I don't remember the peaks from a year ago on Leafcull. I just specifically remember making a mental note that "at least the number logged in never dips below 100."I have two bits of evidence to support my claim that the population on Leafcull is declining. You have one bit of factual data to support your claim that the population is rising.

I am not curently subscribed. You are diehard fan and cannot accept criticism of the game or the developers. The recent changes to the portal system are perfect example. These changes were radical and immidiately disliked by many. Yet you were quick to come to the defense of the devs on the official forums. As I said on the forums, if I or another player had said, "Let's remove all the portals  and put them inside a single dungeon", you would have quickly shot the idea down. Yet because the devs implemented the change, everything is OK by you. Spare me the, "Oh, you know what I was going to say?" reply. Yes, in this case I know for certain you would not have supported this change if a player had suggested it.

You do this frequently in your posts, you basically repeatedly say "You're wrong, you're wrong, everyone thinks you're wrong" to make your argument seem stronger than it really is. My data is valid, the conclusion is debatable as I've conceded. You say the peaks are higher and apparently declining housing ownership and lower lows means nothing.

I'm not going to lie, I don't remember the peaks from a year ago on Leafcull. I just specifically remember making a mental note that "at least the number logged in never dips below 100."I have two bits of evidence to support my claim that the population on Leafcull is declining. You have one bit of factual data to support your claim that the population is rising.

I am not curently subscribed. You are diehard fan and cannot accept criticism of the game or the developers. The recent changes to the portal system are perfect example. These changes were radical and immidiately disliked by many. Yet you were quick to come to the defense of the devs on the official forums. As I said on the forums, if I or another player had said, "Let's remove all the portals  and put them inside a single dungeon", you would have quickly shot the idea down. Yet because the devs implemented the change, everything is OK by you. Spare me the, "Oh, you know what I was going to say?" reply. Yes, in this case I know for certain you would not have supported this change if a player had suggested it.

Your "data" can easily be explained in ways that does not affect population numbers. More accounts logged in at one time can not really be explained away in a manner which doesn't include more people subscribing. It is that simple.

You speak of broken records and then go back on your tangent of "Well I am psychic and I know if I had suggested this idea before the devs put it in, you would of said it's terrible. But since the devs did it you like it". No I think it's good for the game either way, even if some crazy man was to try and go back in time and suggest it first to futily prove a point he's created in his own head, in his own warped reality.

Let's look at the most interesting part of it all. You keep resubbing to the game. You make a nice loud show of when you unsub to try and prove your points, then quietly sneak back in and resub again. You say you don't like what the devs are doing but on top of the resubbing, you follow every post made in these forums and feel inclined to comment on them and try in vain to make the game sound bad. You are the resident AC troll, which is nice because a game is popular when it has dedicated trolls.

Of course your data cannot be explained away. I should have known.You haven't presented any actual figures so I don't know when or for how long you saw more players online. Maybe more people are online now during the day because it's summer time and there is no actual change in subscribers. Maybe you saw a spike due to a patch, more people always log in after a patch. Maybe more people are macroing or setting up bots.

I really don't doubt the peaks are higher on FF and DT. Actually I don't doubt that the population is increasing on FF and DT. Whenever someone returns to the game or a new player joins, nearly everyone recommends they play on FF or DT. I only doubt that the population is increasing on the other servers.

I'm certain that on LC the population is decling. Maybe I'm wrong in assuming that LC is similar to the other servers (other than FF and DT).  Even if I'm right, as I said previously, it's still possible that gains on FF and DT outweigh all the other losses. So your conclusion could be correct, the net number of subscribers is increasing.

Although I'm not subscribed currently, I do subscribe from time to time. I've played since 2000, I'm not about to disregard 10 years of work just yet. I do not hate every single recent change. I said before what recent additions I liked (texture update, networking improvements, Graveyard), but there isn't much discussion in that. Finally, the main draws of the game: the loot, level, and quest system are mostly still intact.

I'm not against change. I agree with the ideas behind most of their changes. I usually disagree with the implementation. For example somethings seem like quick fixes rather than real solutions (e.g. the spell component exchanger). I realize everyone has their own ideas for the game, but you seem to think there is little room for disagreeing with the developers. If I am a troll then you are certainly a fanboy.

Of course your data cannot be explained away. I should have known.You haven't presented any actual figures so I don't know when or for how long you saw more players online. Maybe more people are online now during the day because it's summer time and there is no actual change in subscribers. Maybe you saw a spike due to a patch, more people always log in after a patch. Maybe more people are macroing or setting up bots.

I really don't doubt the peaks are higher on FF and DT. Actually I don't doubt that the population is increasing on FF and DT. Whenever someone returns to the game or a new player joins, nearly everyone recommends they play on FF or DT. I only doubt that the population is increasing on the other servers.

I'm certain that on LC the population is decling. Maybe I'm wrong in assuming that LC is similar to the other servers (other than FF and DT).  Even if I'm right, as I said previously, it's still possible that gains on FF and DT outweigh all the other losses. So your conclusion could be correct, the net number of subscribers is increasing.

Although I'm not subscribed currently, I do subscribe from time to time. I've played since 2000, I'm not about to disregard 10 years of work just yet. I do not hate every single recent change. I said before what recent additions I liked (texture update, networking improvements, Graveyard), but there isn't much discussion in that. Finally, the main draws of the game: the loot, level, and quest system are mostly still intact.

I'm not against change. I agree with the ideas behind most of their changes. I usually disagree with the implementation. For example somethings seem like quick fixes rather than real solutions (e.g. the spell component exchanger). I realize everyone has their own ideas for the game, but you seem to think there is little room for disagreeing with the developers. If I am a troll then you are certainly a fanboy.

You realize that you just said I show no data, when you have as much proof about your data as I do about mine? Hypocritical much?

Yes FF and DT are the most populated and typically get the most gains on returns but MT's gains are huge. MT has come close to doubling it's logged in population and jumped from ~5th most populated up to 3rd. There are major gains happening all over.

But just as I can not lay out scientific proof to someone who has not been keeping an eye on peak numbers, you can not prove that leafcull has gone down to someone who has not also been watching the lows associated with that server.

I posted a chart on a previous thread. I haven't just been "eyeing" the numbers. Here's the actual raw data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjEz4agP7OgXdFNldjR5SXFUNWN1UE02NWNtZ0RTUXc&hl=en&authkey=CJvb7aYH#gid=0 The functionality of Google Spreadsheets is limited, so  the chart is not proportioned correctly horizontaly.

Tracking the actual number logged in would be better, but for it to be accurate I would have to login at exact intervals, which I couldn't do. Tracking housing is the second best option. I also considered tracking the number of registered users or posts on the forum, but trends in those could more easily be explained away.

And yes, this is only LC. LC is not the entire game.

I posted a chart on a previous thread. I haven't just been "eyeing" the numbers. Here's the actual raw data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjEz4agP7OgXdFNldjR5SXFUNWN1UE02NWNtZ0RTUXc&hl=en&authkey=CJvb7aYH#gid=0 The functionality of Google Spreadsheets is limited, so  the chart is not proportioned correctly horizontaly.

Tracking the actual number logged in would be better, but for it to be accurate I would have to login at exact intervals, which I couldn't do. Tracking housing is the second best option. I also considered tracking the number of registered users or posts on the forum, but trends in those could more easily be explained away.

And yes, this is only LC. LC is not the entire game.

I take it you didn't actually read what I wrote.

You posted a link to numbers you wrote down, there is no way for someone else to verify that any of that information is correct, just like there is no way for any other person to verify that my information of the peak numbers being higher then they were a year ago.