Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are DAOC players playing now?

ExarchiExarchi Member Posts: 17

So, I've had quite a hisotry of DAOC over the last 10 years, starting out on classic EU servers, Camlann then returning for Uthgard more recently.

However, I really need something new, something fresh but I'm having real trouble finding anything that compares. Just wondering what everyone else is playing now? Anyone found anything with PVP on par with DAOC, or dare I say it, better?

Comments

• JoarnajJoarnaj Member Posts: 258

DAOC was the first mmorpg I bought but I never actually played. My brother was very into DAOC for a while and now plays WoW and seems to really enjoy it. That said, I doubt that you would find WoW pvp to be anything like DAOC. My brother enjoys playing PVE dungeons with his family.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went from Apprentice to full 5 star Elite in under 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised again when I went from Elite to just barely Hardcore in 2 weeks. Apprentice, here I come!

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Exarchi

So, I've had quite a hisotry of DAOC over the last 10 years, starting out on classic EU servers, Camlann then returning for Uthgard more recently.

However, I really need something new, something fresh but I'm having real trouble finding anything that compares. Just wondering what everyone else is playing now? Anyone found anything with PVP on par with DAOC, or dare I say it, better?

in short   no the best PvP is still DAoC in my opinion  and if i were you keep playing it...i have a few friends who still play it a lot.

but i do not think anything that campares to the rush of DAoC PvP will be around for a while and the closest thing will be Guild Wars 2 since it will be server vs server vs server (so three factions)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

No, I'd say if you really enjoyed DAOC (and sure sounds like you did) there's nothing out there on the market at this time since it seems developers can't grasp the 3 faction/RVR concept for some reason.

Mythic swung and missed with WAR IMO but hey, its free to play for the 1st 10 levels, go give it a shot you might like it.

Me, I've been hiding in EVE for the past few years but its nothing like DAOC.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Keeper2000Keeper2000 Member UncommonPosts: 637

I am playing WAR at the moment but DAoC is jsut better. I hadnt find anything better than daoc. Playing WAR because I just dont have much time to play lately and it is more causal friendly, imho, than DAoC... but besides that... DAoC is just plain better.