Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the most popular quest on my sever?

My server is Argonxxxx something.

There are many adventure packs not able to find group to play. If you want to spend money to buy adventure pack, you may want to know which one is more suitable.

The most obsoleted packs:

Three Barrel Cove

Sorrow Isle

Cannival - the latest

Desert pack

Gianthold

Second obsoleted packs:

Shan to Kor

Necropolis pack 1, 2, 3

Catacomb

A little popular pack:

Delera

Those not mentioned in above may be even more obsolete or forgotten.

This game has its glory but it is very difficult to find a group for those adventure packs you bought.

I wish Turbine could reduce the cost for these packs so more people may buy it. Otherwwise, you will only find people jump in this game and quit before lv10 or even earlier.

Comments

• ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686

Most of those adventure packs can be done solo or with a hireling if need be. Join a good guild ( there are lots of them) and I doubt you will have any issue finding groups.

I put off playing D&D online because it's a heavily instanced game and I usually prefere a persistant world BUT after giving D&D a chance here a couple months back, it's become my new favorite game.

I stopped playing for free and picked up two monthly subscriptions so me and my son can play it together. I like the instances now because they enable a much more personal experience and allow for things to happen in the quest that wouldn't be possible in a persistant world.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by Larry2298

There are many adventure packs not able to find group to play. If you want to spend money to buy adventure pack, you may want to know which one is more suitable.

Three Barrel Cove

Sorrow Isle

Cannival - the latest

Desert pack

Gianthold

Second obsoleted packs:

Shan to Kor

Necropolis pack 1, 2, 3

Catacomb

A little popular pack:

Delera

This game has its glory but it is very difficult to find a group for those adventure packs you bought.

I wish Turbine could reduce the cost for these packs so more people may buy it. Otherwwise, you will only find people jump in this game and quit before lv10 or even earlier.

The desert and Gianthold are a couple of the MOST popular places in this game. The raid in the desert drops a few items that are very popular so people tend to run that raid a lot. GIanthold has a couple of the most popular items and I see groups for that area all the time. As a matter of fact many people will tell you that Gianthold was the devs greatest achievement.

Deleras is beyond a  little popular I consider it a MUST have and a MUST run for every character. That quest chain has some of the best items for its level.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I don't know what server you are playing but definitely not on my server. Many people turned lv20 and they run through the dungeons to help their close friend to flag which you wont be able to see in LFM. Nobody going to do for example, Crucible Elite at equivalent level anymore. Desert become really desert. Although I have seen the raid from time to time for desert, but the problem is, you will never find a group to do the pre-quest to join the raid.

ANyway, it is old story. I wish Turbine reduced adventure pack price to revive those dead dungeons.

I don't know what server you are playing but definitely not on my server. Many people turned lv20 and they run through the dungeons to help their close friend to flag which you wont be able to see in LFM. Nobody going to do for example, Crucible Elite at equivalent level anymore. Desert become really desert. Although I have seen the raid from time to time for desert, but the problem is, you will never find a group to do the pre-quest to join the raid.

ANyway, it is old story. I wish Turbine reduced adventure pack price to revive those dead dungeons.

Those quests do not need a full group they are easily done with a hireling or a couple of people.

People rerunning lowbies still put up LFMs. You can start your own as well. I rarely run a lowbie but when I do I try to avoid PUGs. But to say those areas are not popular on your server I find hard to believe. Especially when you do not even know the name of the server you play on.

By the way I know plenty of people running the Gianthold quests on elite at the appropriate levels. Sorry but nothing you are saying holds true on the servers I play and I play on more then one. I think your experience is not the average players.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

I find hard to believe. Especially when you do not even know the name of the server you play on.

By the way I know plenty of people running the Gianthold quests on elite at the appropriate levels. Sorry but nothing you are saying holds true on the servers I play and I play on more then one. I think your experience is not the average players.

I am playing from Europe, the time zone is CET. If you want to know how poor is the LFG log on at EU time.

As I said, there is no need and no fun to play many obsoleted dungeons anymore. If you have a lv20 Hero guildie, he can run ALL quest on ELITE to earn favor point or to be flagged for certain thing.

It is easy for lv20 to solo the entire Valut of Night 1-4 quest on elite without a single heal. It won't take more than 1 hour to finish it. The game has been relesed for quite a long time so who will going to play step by step and do the options. Most people just want to run through the quest. The adventure pack just become a tool to earn favor point. Actually, if someone already have enough favor point to create 32 point character, all he needs is XP to lv20. 

The game merchanics is aging now, however, it is still fun to play if you've got a group for the quest you need. Otherwise, it would be a mmo solo game. The only way to keep DDO shining all time is make this game more free to play or reduce the adventure pack. Except you want to pay a hundred dollars to buy some adventure pack to solo. 

I find hard to believe. Especially when you do not even know the name of the server you play on.

I am playing from Europe, the time zone is CET. If you want to know how poor is the LFG log on at EU time.

As I said, there is no need and no fun to play many obsoleted dungeons anymore. If you have a lv20 Hero guildie, he can run ALL quest on ELITE to earn favor point or to be flagged for certain thing.

It is easy for lv20 to solo the entire Valut of Night 1-4 quest on elite without a single heal. It won't take more than 1 hour to finish it. The game has been relesed for quite a long time so who will going to play step by step and do the options. Most people just want to run through the quest. The adventure pack just become a tool to earn favor point. Actually, if someone already have enough favor point to create 32 point character, all he needs is XP to lv20. 

The game merchanics is aging now, however, it is still fun to play if you've got a group for the quest you need. Otherwise, it would be a mmo solo game. The only way to keep DDO shining all time is make this game more free to play or reduce the adventure pack. Except you want to pay a hundred dollars to buy some adventure pack to solo. 

Ok first you are playing from EU and complaining there are not enough people and you think reducing pack prices is the answer? Sorry but the answer is when Turbine gets to take F2P to Europe then it will likely improve.

Secondly I believe you are on the wrong server for Euros. Thelanis has a large European population and you would likely find more people to play with.

Your assumptions about obsolete packs is rubbish, you are simply playing from a place that does not have a huge population over all the servers. You are mistaking one for the other.

You make other assumptions and baseless comments about level 20s doing this and that. I am logged in now at 1 pm EST time and 26 LFMs across all levels including ones for places you say no one plays. I am sorry but you are wrong.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Gianthold is the most obsolete!?!

Uhm, this is one of areas that tend to be run in excess.  

If I were "free to play" I would go for Gianthold, Menchatum Desert (sp), The Vale of Twilight and Shavarath. 

Aren't they giving twice the amount of Turbine Points to subscribers between June and September?

Originally posted by mindspat

Gianthold is the most obsolete!?!

Uhm, this is one of areas that tend to be run in excess.  

If I were "free to play" I would go for Gianthold, Menchatum Desert (sp), The Vale of Twilight and Shavarath. 

Aren't they giving twice the amount of Turbine Points to subscribers between June and September?

Mindspat when the OP is unable to know his sever name and calls it ArgonXXXX you can be pretty sure the rest of the post will not validate their opinion. Joining the first server alphabetically and then ranting there are no people from your area is kind of silly.

On another note how are you like radiant servant?

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Why not join a server with a big european population and maybe a european guild instead of complaining that they should change stuff for you?

I play from europe and have been pugging GH and Desert on Cannith many times along with most of the adventure packs from low level to cap.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Papadam

Why not join a server with a big european population and maybe a european guild instead of complaining that they should change stuff for you?

I play from europe and have been pugging GH and Desert on Cannith many times along with most of the adventure packs from low level to cap.

I was going to suggest he contact you, but since I have not seen you post lately I was not sure if you were playing.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

It's too good.  It removes some of the skill associated with playing a Cleric and could potentially cause new players to be become massive liabilities in end game content. 

A non-crit of the Aura is healing for 27 points with the higest amount I've seen at 97; the gloves from the reaver raid in Gianthold increase the chance of this ability recieving a critical heal amount.  I currently have my Cleric spec'd out with 18 turns and 2 tiers in Divine Healing, Divine Clensing and Divine Vitality. 

Also, the aura's range is goofy.  Currently it heals at an increased range directly behind the Cleric which allows some "tricks" to be employed for exceptional healing.   

Originally posted by mindspat

It's too good.  It removes some of the skill associated with playing a Cleric and could potentially cause new players to be become massive liabilities in end game content. 

A non-crit of the Aura is healing for 27 points with the higest amount I've seen at 97; the gloves from the reaver raid in Gianthold increase the chance of this ability recieving a critical heal amount.  I currently have my Cleric spec'd out with 18 turns and 2 tiers in Divine Healing, Divine Clensing and Divine Vitality. 

Also, the aura's range is goofy.  Currently it heals at an increased range directly behind the Cleric which allows some "tricks" to be employed for exceptional healing.   

I predicted a nerf about 10 minutes after respeccing my cleric. I got elven relic armor and the heal spell crit enhancement and even with crits of 40 or so it seems a little too powerful, but if any class deserves to be powerful for a bit it is the cleric.

The aura range is much bigger then it appears by the circle on the ground. I hope they let clerics enjoy it for a bit.

• ZilverrugZilverrug Member Posts: 132

Three Barrel Cove

Cannival - the latest

You probably shouldn't get these packs for the loot, but the quests are some of the best and most enjoyable!

Also, no problem at all finding Europeans on server Cannith either...

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

Gianthold or Sands or Delera are in no way obsolete.

What you really mean is that it is hard to get PUG for almost anything really. And many PUGs are not really groups but rather individuals in parallel zerg race (which is often better done solo because bigger group makes monsters harder).

Unfortunately, soloing means more money for shop, is something people are used to from other MMOs, and as seen here insecure people feel insecure to PUG. Often, this makes DDO population feel small and marginal.

As for Radiant servant - even with it, clerics are still just gimped Favored Souls for freeloaders, worse caster, worse melee, worse defense, all advantage you have is turn undead. All you really get in this PRE is free mass cure scrolls - and it is so buggy it is not funny. Besides favored souls have mana free cures too, without any PRE.

Originally posted by Tyrrhon

Gianthold or Sands or Delera are in no way obsolete.

What you really mean is that it is hard to get PUG for almost anything really. And many PUGs are not really groups but rather individuals in parallel zerg race (which is often better done solo because bigger group makes monsters harder).

Unfortunately, soloing means more money for shop, is something people are used to from other MMOs, and as seen here insecure people feel insecure to PUG. Often, this makes DDO population feel small and marginal.

As for Radiant servant - even with it, clerics are still just gimped Favored Souls for freeloaders, worse caster, worse melee, worse defense, all advantage you have is turn undead. All you really get in this PRE is free mass cure scrolls - and it is so buggy it is not funny. Besides favored souls have mana free cures too, without any PRE.

Except the Favored Souls Mana free heal is only available at level 20.