Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If had to chose.. P3 or the PC

2»

Comments

• NyQuil81NyQuil81 Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Punk999

Originally posted by Ramonski7

PS3 for obvious reasons:

• 40' 1080p HD gaming goodness

• Built in Voice chat with any bluetooth headset (optional bluetooth or usb keyboard)

• Optimized gameplay for PS3 controller (optional mouse and keyboard)

• Superior sound delivery through my 5.1 setup

• Frees up my laptop (which will sit right next to me on the couch) to do whatever I want

• Better seating arrangements

And trust me, they WILL have exclusives for the PS3 version. I mean really...they've been doing collector's eds on the console way longer than the PC.

There is still no indication that they are doing any collectors edition for the PS3, even after the petition has had it's rounds, etc.  Pre-orders have been up for awhile now, and the game is 2 and a half months from release.  And as far as collectors eds being on consoles way longer than PC...thats just absurd.  I would actually say the exact opposite is true, for ALL games.  You see way more special boxes etc for PC games.  I thought that was  a well known fact.

Anyway, all the things in that list can be had on either platform.  They have built in voice for both systems.  5.1 surround systems are awesome on PC too...seating is whatever you want to purchase for yourself, no bearing on what youre playing on...  My PC setup with ATI Eye-finity 3 screen high-res goodness, however, is not available for PS3.  And they've already said that graphics can be set higher on PC.  Ive got my dual-shock controller ready, too...bottom line, PC can do anything the PS3 can, and then some. 

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

PS3 for obvious reasons:

• Computer hooks up to this quite nicely.

• Built in Voice chat with any bluetooth headset (optional bluetooth or usb keyboard)

• Wireless keyboard and mouse and voice chat is available in multiple flavors on the PC

• Again, wireless keyboard and mouse. Also, multiple choices of gamepads, including using the PS3 Dual Shock through bluetooth on the PC.

• Um, yeah. My comp has 5.1 HD sound connected to a 500W stereo reciever.

• Frees up my laptop (which will sit right next to me on the couch) to do whatever I want

• Well, I think a gamer is more likely to be playing on a desktop than a laptop. And besides, I think most people have both by now.

• What's better than lounging in the recliner with a keyboard and mouse set on a bed tray with a table full of snacks and drinks at the ready next to the chair while enjoying better graphics than the PS3 could ever hope to dish out?

And trust me, they WILL have exclusives for the PS3 version. I mean really...they've been doing collector's eds on the console way longer than the PC.

Doubtful, but keep the faith.

Also, let's not forget mods. The default UI WILL suck. All default UI's suck.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

Originally posted by SKYNET666

PC,  because I can upgrade PC in future , unless sony made the PS4 compatible to PS3 games

Converse he must mean that like all normal people when I new system comes out you have to destroy your old system because it wouldnt be worth it to keep it plugged in, so unless the ps4 (which isnt even near developement and wont be for the next 5 years or more) plays ps3 games when it comes out you cant play anymore because your system will blow up, right?

Mystery Bounty

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by MysteryB

Originally posted by SKYNET666

PC,  because I can upgrade PC in future , unless sony made the PS4 compatible to PS3 games

Converse he must mean that like all normal people when I new system comes out you have to destroy your old system because it wouldnt be worth it to keep it plugged in, so unless the ps4 (which isnt even near developement and wont be for the next 5 years or more) plays ps3 games when it comes out you cant play anymore because your system will blow up, right?

No, what he means is the game will be limited in future advancement. While our PC's will get more powerful and games will get even bigger and more graphically intensive within a year of DC Universe launching on PS3, what you get on the PS3 version at launch will be what you're limited to forever in terms of ingame technology + system ability. So DC Universe will look and be great on the PS3 at launch, but while other mmos can upgrade their graphics as the next years go by, DCU will be stuck in the past like FFXI.

Of course, those playing the PC version can be accomodated with a graphics upgrade over the years, but that won't help the fact that the PC version will not be able to take advantage of any newer technology advances that may be available to the DCU devs because they'd have to completely seperate the PC version from the PS3 version at that point. A firmware upgrade won't make the PS3 equivalent of a 7600/7800GS able to handle anything more than it already can.

As an example, Age of Conan. Let's say AoC had launched on the Xbox 360 as originally planned. That new expansion Rise of the Godslayer which consists of large open areas rather than the much smaller areas of the original game would never have been possible if they had to make it work on the Xbox 360 as well, which means they would have either had to scrap the new technical ability of the engine, or Xbox 360 players would have been stuck with a gimped version separate from the PC version.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

This thread is more of a "Which type of gamer are you? Console of PC?"

Anyways, I have a PS3 but I generally only use it for Netflix, a game of trivial pursuit or monopoly with the family and the occasional action game rental from Blockbuster (GOW 3, Demon's Souls, etc).

I am primarily a PC gamer and thus any MMOs I will ever buy (DCU included) will be PC based for the following reasons:

* Mouse/Keyboard appeals to me

* Keyboard handy for chat & mouse buttons can be mapped

* When free time allows for a long gaming session I don't want to hog the 50" TV

* Console gamers tend to be younger and PC gamers tend to be more mature (I didn't say old!!!)

* MMOs designed for consoles will likely be PVP centric with weak PVE content (I speculate I know)

In the end I hope DCU is more like CoX and less like Borderlands and Global Agenda. Don't get me wrong, they are both good Unreal Engine 3 action RPG games but would be weak MMOs due to their focus on action at the expense of tradional MMO depth.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

I have both and I am getting it for ps3. I was hoping it would be cross platform so I could have the best of both worlds but since that wont happen I am going with the ps3 for a few reasons.

1. Dont have to worry about computer specs.

2. With everyone having the same specs, less lag and waiting on people to load in an instance and such

3. There arent any MMOs for the new gen consoles (excluding FFXI for 360, was a last generation game though)

4. Controls on ps3 look fluid where I think they will be awkward for an action game on a keyboard

5. I think It will have good chat since it will have to have voice chat for the ps3, talking and fighting is alot easier than typing.

There are a few cons to not getting it for PC, the main one being that I could be wrong and the chat could completely suck and a few more, but the good thing is most of the annoying kids that play on ps3 will get a subscription game, and if you have to chat with a keyboard you can just plug one into the ps3 or get one of the controller keyboards that work really well for chatting.

This is why I will get it on PS3. Wanting to try an MMO on console, and on a bigger screen are the biggest reasons for me.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by anothername

If I had an PS3 I would still go for PC. Roleplaying/Socializing plain sucks without a keyboard.

You can plug a keyboard in to a PS3

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Senadina

I have both and I am getting it for ps3. I was hoping it would be cross platform so I could have the best of both worlds but since that wont happen I am going with the ps3 for a few reasons.

1. Dont have to worry about computer specs.

2. With everyone having the same specs, less lag and waiting on people to load in an instance and such

3. There arent any MMOs for the new gen consoles (excluding FFXI for 360, was a last generation game though)

4. Controls on ps3 look fluid where I think they will be awkward for an action game on a keyboard

5. I think It will have good chat since it will have to have voice chat for the ps3, talking and fighting is alot easier than typing.

There are a few cons to not getting it for PC, the main one being that I could be wrong and the chat could completely suck and a few more, but the good thing is most of the annoying kids that play on ps3 will get a subscription game, and if you have to chat with a keyboard you can just plug one into the ps3 or get one of the controller keyboards that work really well for chatting.

This is why I will get it on PS3. Wanting to try an MMO on console, and on a bigger screen are the biggest reasons for me.

then get a pc, hook it up to 3 of the largest Tv's you can find (6 ic you have the money) and look at that, larger then any console experience you could find

• JustadcomicsJustadcomics Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by elocke

I'm going for PS3. It seems more of an action game to me and PS3 controllers will make this more comfortable. YOu can still plug a keyboard into the system too, for chat, so that point is moot. I would be surprised if their wasn't voice chat to make communication easier too.

I'll be getting it for the PS3... my computer doesn't have the horsepower and I want to use my home theater setup.

I also just have to say your signature graphic is hilarious!
  • jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by Lamarak

I have both but my computer is a mac but do have bootcamp tha played fallout and mass effect 2 fine so think can handle this. Just wondering what version to get. I like keyboard and have it for my ps3. Like the idea of it on my 50 inch tv so ps3 looks good but also like the idea of playing it if travel so laptop looks good also heh.

What version are you planning on getting?

I'm more than likely going to get it on my ps3 and just buy a keyboard for that too.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• PriestrPriestr Member Posts: 39

PS3 for obvious reasons:

• Im playing all my games on an 50' 1080p HD in my living room. 20 m HD cable goes from my office into my TV.

Also i got an home theatre pc standing right next to my ps3, xbox360 and tv

• Bluetooth/Wireless headsets all compatible with PC

• I prefer mouse + keyboard for those reasons: 1. camera moveability 2. over 100  costumizable keys 3. socialization aspect 4. And so on

• Got a Teufel Theater 10 THX Ulta 2 7.1 system hooked up in my living room with a few optical cables one hooked to my PC ( X-Fi Sound Card goes to my amplifier) much much more better sound then ps3 is able to output.

• alt+tab out of the game or play windowmode on big flatie will do the same

• a confortable chair with propper back support outwages a couch if you go for multiple hours of gaming

• and many more reasons....

Guees what im going for! No im not going for the PS3 version.

Playing: Global Agenda / Vindictus
    -----------------
    Excited for: Guild Wars 2 / TERA / SWTOR
    -----------------
    Have Played: Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, CoH/CoV, EverQuest 1+2, Tabula Rasa, DDO, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Champions Online, Aion, FLYFF, ArchLord, Metin 2, DAoC, APB, CC, Darkfall and many many more
    -----------------
    Favorite MMO: Ultima Online

• diamonddust1diamonddust1 Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by Priestr

PS3 for obvious reasons:

• Im playing all my games on an 50' 1080p HD in my living room. 20 m HD cable goes from my office into my TV.

• I prefer mouse + keyboard for those reasons: 1. camera moveability 2. over 100  costumizable keys 3. socialization aspect 4. And so on

• Got a Teufel Theater 10 THX Ulta 2 7.1 system hooked up in my living room with a few optical cables one hooked to my PC ( X-Fi Sound Card goes to my amplifier) much much more better sound then ps3 is able to output.

• a confortable chair with propper back support outwages a couch if you go for multiple hours of gaming

all that and you yet use optical for this......................superior sound.........HA, sorry buddy but HDMI sound into my 7.1 receiver will blow away your optical setup any day......if you want want true HD sound you must deliver sound through HDMI not optical.........sure it still sounds great but it won't be the same once you experience it. 

side note comparing items is "than"........ the person you are quoting got it right but you didn't.

Originally posted by diamonddust1

PS3 for obvious reasons:

all that and you yet use optical for this......................superior sound.........HA, sorry buddy but HDMI sound into my 7.1 receiver will blow away your optical setup any day......if you want want true HD sound you must deliver sound through HDMI not optical.........sure it still sounds great but it won't be the same once you experience it. 

side note comparing items is "than"........ the person you are quoting got it right but you didn't.

seems to me, that you really dont have any idea how sound connections work do you? X-Fi Soundcards doesnt offer hdmi connection so therfor optical is required, my Denon AVC-A1 HD sure supports true hd sound via hdmi but there are only two soundcards for the pc, which just got released, which supports hd output, Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 and AuzenTech X-Fi HomeTheater HD (which i ordered and is going to be delivered in abour 2 weeks, i live in germany so the availability isnt quite good)

so at this time it leaves me no real choice to connect my pc with something else then optical. my other systems like my ps3 are delivering sound through hdmi so i have experienced hd sound. the bandwidth difference between optical and hdmi isnt really that big, hdmi offers 8,16 GBit/s for all 3 lines together which needs to be shared, sure true 7.1 cant be delivered only via optical and dts encoding, but my denon receiver does its job well getting it to 7.1, but in this case i think your setup wont blow mine away, it will never even go near it. and since we are talking about gaming, only a handfull of games out right now can deliver true 7.1 sound... the rest is just faked encoded 5.1 sound.

what do you mean by "side note comparing items is "than"........ the person you are quoting got it right but you didn't."

would you mind explaning it to me i dont get what i did wrong there ( might be because im a stupid german?)

-----------------
    -----------------
    Have Played: Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, CoH/CoV, EverQuest 1+2, Tabula Rasa, DDO, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Champions Online, Aion, FLYFF, ArchLord, Metin 2, DAoC, APB, CC, Darkfall and many many more
    -----------------

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Just buy a controller... ps3 obsolete...

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Originally posted by diamonddust1

PS3 for obvious reasons:

seems to me, that you really dont have any idea how sound connections work do you? X-Fi Soundcards doesnt offer hdmi connection so therfor optical is required, my Denon AVC-A1 HD sure supports true hd sound via hdmi but there are only two soundcards for the pc, which just got released, which supports hd output, Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 and AuzenTech X-Fi HomeTheater HD (which i ordered and is going to be delivered in abour 2 weeks, i live in germany so the availability isnt quite good)

so at this time it leaves me no real choice to connect my pc with something else then optical. my other systems like my ps3 are delivering sound through hdmi so i have experienced hd sound. the bandwidth difference between optical and hdmi isnt really that big, hdmi offers 8,16 GBit/s for all 3 lines together which needs to be shared, sure true 7.1 cant be delivered only via optical and dts encoding, but my denon receiver does its job well getting it to 7.1, but in this case i think your setup wont blow mine away, it will never even go near it. and since we are talking about gaming, only a handfull of games out right now can deliver true 7.1 sound... the rest is just faked encoded 5.1 sound.

what do you mean by "side note comparing items is "than"........ the person you are quoting got it right but you didn't."

would you mind explaning it to me i dont get what i did wrong there ( might be because im a stupid german?)

brother no one is a stupid German being the matter that I am mostly German myself, and I understand your limitation on certain orders, but the bandwith is very noticiable.....totally spelled that wrong but whatever, but as for the 7.1 through HDMI being possible you would be able to do it from your Video card, as HDMI would deliver both the sound and video to the reciever and then output HDMI to the monitor. But it can be a real hassle compared to just plugging in a 7.1 optical into my already compatible surround sound mobo. But glad to see you do great with what you have, and please let me know how the AuzenTech comes out it looks to be a pretty sexy soundcard, would love to hear your review on it.

I do know, and i did try connecting my videocard via hdmi to get sound, its was horrible compared to what an actual sound card like the x-fi can deliver.

When i got my new sound card in my rig, ill send you my review via pn. glad to see another "mostly german" here ;D

-----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

I do know, and i did try connecting my videocard via hdmi to get sound, its was horrible compared to what an actual sound card like the x-fi can deliver.

When i got my new sound card in my rig, ill send you my review via pn. glad to see another "mostly german" here ;D

might just be a mobo thing then, never had any problems with the HDMI sound but then again not everyone has the exact same technology hahaha.

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

PC all the way. It is far more usefull than dumb boxes like PS3 or Xbox.

Archlinux ftw

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

I will most likely always chose PC over console.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

wait for some feed back

• penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174

PS3.  You have a keyboard for it, so if you don't like the controller version switch.

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

PS3 for me and if you dont have a keyboard or dont want to have a giant keyboard on your lap try purchasing.

PS3 Keyboard

Good investment.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

not much point in getting it for the PS3 unless you already have one and you dont have a decent computer... and what with the PS3 already falling way behind in graphic quality compared to PC's - which with the advances in Direct X... next version is 11.. which will render consoles even more outdated than they already are. for the moment though, i'd wait to see if the game even amounts to anything..

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

My personal reasons for wanting to go with the PC version are:

1.) I already have a really nice computer which I built just a few monts ago.

2.) I don't already own a PS3.

3.) I anticpate a, hopefully, active modding community if SoE doesn't have an adversion with sharing source codes.

Even if they don't allow modding, reasons one and two are enough for me. I'm certain each has its pros and cons when you measure them, but those will still be relative to the person.