Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did NCsoft ban inactive accounts..?

Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

First time in 8 months with a clean record on my account, No past problems, I tried logging into my NCsoft master account thinking about re subbing to CoH.

"NCsoft master account ________ has been permanently blocked."

This is another reason why I avoid NCsoft like the plague. -_-

EDIT: And I don't have a Aion account. I have no reason why I'm banned.

Comments

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Maybe you got your account hacked?

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Would be pretty weird if it did.

only bad thing is, is having to get through their horrible support to get it solved.

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Recently i received in a period of several weeks a mail from NCSoft which probably was scam mail.

They wanted me to aknowledge something and there for i had to follow the link, although i wasnt playing NCSoft games already for several years.

I guess it was a scam mail wave, if you followed the link that would explain why your acc got banned.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

That's what I thought the links was. But the link was legit. It wasn't like a WoW scam. It was a direct link to NCsoft's site.

I haven't gotten one of those emails in a while... It's so weird.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

well from what I remeber the false links are just with a - like ncsoft-support, no the right one http://na.aiononline.com/help/ (the real one) so I bet pretty much you fall into the scam and they don't send you e-mails saying you are hacked or after you are not paying then from what I know

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

So weird that I was even getting them.. I don't even have a Aion account.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

you got phished dude

google phishing or read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

you got phished dude

I know what Phishing is.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Konner920

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

you got phished dude

I know what Phishing is.

I get this from time to time about my Aion or WOW account... just that I dont HAVE such accounts.

Don't reply to it in any way.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

So weird that I was even getting them.. I don't even have a Aion account.

I get scam emails for several games that I've never ever played, telling me various things involving my account need me to click on something. Just ignore them, and don't EVER be daft enough to follow their links.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I recieved a phising E-mail yesterday stating they have proof of me hacking and want me to login to my account, even though I'm not subscribed to any NCsoft games at the moment. Guess i'm not the only one getting them eh.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

In the approximately ten years of playing MMOs I have never received any phishing emails.  Then again I always make sure my email addresses are not publicly available on the official and unofficial websites or forums.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

First time in 8 months with a clean record on my account, No past problems, I tried logging into my NCsoft master account thinking about re subbing to CoH.

"NCsoft master account ________ has been permanently blocked."

This is another reason why I avoid NCsoft like the plague. -_-
    EDIT: And I don't have a Aion account. I have no reason why I'm banned.

This happen to me last week. I was only playing Guild Wars and I never click on any of the spam emails. My computer is clean as well. What I think happen to be honest was that they got hacked. My account was working fine two days before I was blocked out of my account. No email at all from NCSoft. Nothing was gone from my account either. No games were reactivated either which is what I expected to happen. What was done to my WoW account.

Took me a while but I got my account back though. I had to supply cd keys of the games I owned to their support section and verify other information. Pays to save those emails you get when you activate a game for the first time too.