Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

there's something i've been wondering about the game...

TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

is this a imported game from asia or something?  i thought it was a new freshly made MMO but i heard a few people say some things that made me wonder.  so basically i just want to know if this is some eastern game being brought to the west.

also, i was reading some stuff on it and the devs were saying how they are trying to balance out the classes and all that.  so if it really is a eastern game that's already being played, why are they balancing it out?  can't they just use what they have in the eastern version?

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Tazlor

is this a imported game from asia or something?  i thought it was a new freshly made MMO but i heard a few people say some things that made me wonder.  so basically i just want to know if this is some eastern game being brought to the west.

also, i was reading some stuff on it and the devs were saying how they are trying to balance out the classes and all that.  so if it really is a eastern game that's already being played, why are they balancing it out?  can't they just use what they have in the eastern version?

It is a new game being made in the east (it just finished CB3 a few months ago in korea).  It is being westernized and tested in the west my EnMasse (it just finished Focus Group Test 2).

The game is being balanced for group play 3vs3, 5vs5 and so on.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Tazlor

It is a new game being made in the east (it just finished CB3 a few months ago in korea).  It is being westernized and tested in the west my EnMasse (it just finished Focus Group Test 2).

The game is being balanced for group play 3vs3, 5vs5 and so on.

i see.  so it's just gunno be released in korea a few months befor the US?  and this "Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound" is awesome lol

I think they are looking to launch the game at the same time.

The difference between east & west clients will be.

Text in game, lore change for the west,  Exp will be changed to suit the western players.  Western players will get PVP & PVE servers (I don't think the Eastern players will get a PVP server).

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• EtheldredaEtheldreda Member UncommonPosts: 66

Text in game, lore change for the west,  Exp will be changed to suit the western players.  Western players will get PVP & PVE servers (I don't think the Eastern players will get a PVP server).

you mean eastern players wont get a PvE server.

i dont think eastern players are as carebear as western, so they dont need to split teh servers into PvP and PvE.

inb4 weeaboo, troll, u dont kow what ur talking, wheres proof?, etc..

Originally posted by orochix

you mean eastern players wont get a PvE server.

i dont think eastern players are as carebear as western, so they dont need to split teh servers into PvP and PvE.

inb4 weeaboo, troll, u dont kow what ur talking, wheres proof?, etc..

The head dev has already said the the western client will have 2 types of clients.  (look it up @Teraonline, news interview)

1)  PvE server with open world Consensual PvP :  (what we have seen in all the korean beta test videos. aka  flagging)

2)  PvP server with open world non-Consensual PvP:  (the flagging system was turn off in the western "FGT" testing )

As far as eastern having 2 types of servers...."they have not said" and so far I have only seen in there videos a PvE server with consensual PvP.  So until I read or see otherwise I will say "they only have PvE servers".

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Not from what I read.

The Korean version is suppose to hit this year, and our version next year.

Originally posted by lornphoenix

Not from what I read.

Both versions got pushed back until 2011 due to tester feedback.  West might see a CB around Nov or Dec.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Not from what I read.

Both versions got pushed back until 2011 due to tester feedback.  West might see a CB around Nov or Dec.

Indeed,

While I'm not sure there has been an official stamp of a 2011 release for Korea, I guess it pretty much goes without saying. (If it has been confirmed, then I'm admitedly corrected)

However, there has been confirmed news about their release date being pushed back, so it probably lands in early 2011 anyways.

"Greetings all!

You may have noticed some news circulating around the Internet regarding TERA's release date in Korea.

The Korean release date for TERA has been pushed back because Bluehole Studio wanted to address player feedback from recent Focus Group Tests to ensure that the experience meets the highest standard of quality. At En Masse Entertainment in North America, we’re equally dedicated to delivering an incredible game experience and are collecting feedback from our own tests. We are still determining how this will effect plans in North America and Europe.

We will update everyone as soon as we have additional information to share.

-- Scapes
    "

Source: http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3878

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Not from what I read.

Indeed,

While I'm not sure there has been an official stamp of a 2011 release for Korea, I guess it pretty much goes without saying. (If it has been confirmed, then I'm admitedly corrected)

However, there has been confirmed news about their release date being pushed back, so it probably lands in early 2011 anyways.

"Greetings all!

You may have noticed some news circulating around the Internet regarding TERA's release date in Korea.

The Korean release date for TERA has been pushed back because Bluehole Studio wanted to address player feedback from recent Focus Group Tests to ensure that the experience meets the highest standard of quality. At En Masse Entertainment in North America, we’re equally dedicated to delivering an incredible game experience and are collecting feedback from our own tests. We are still determining how this will effect plans in North America and Europe.

We will update everyone as soon as we have additional information to share.

-- Scapes
    "

Source: http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3878

This seems to indicate something VERY promising here:  Portions of this game are being developed seperately for Eastern and Western markets.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Originally posted by madeux

This seems to indicate something VERY promising here:  Portions of this game are being developed seperately for Eastern and Western markets.

Indeed it is. I have seen something like this already and it worked out really well for western players and  publisher.