Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14 Collectors Edition on Amazon.

2»

Comments

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I've canceled my amazon order now and ordered from gameplay instead, it's a little cheaper and says the right release date. Plus I've ordered from them before and they always come next day.

• BradynffxiBradynffxi Member CommonPosts: 4

still waiting for someone to answer if Ce will get both helm versions, or do we gotta buy both?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Bradynffxi

still waiting for someone to answer if Ce will get both helm versions, or do we gotta buy both?

You could always try "reading"  the dern official website that clearly details that it does not include both!

• BradynffxiBradynffxi Member CommonPosts: 4

i was on there site, and i didnt see that, thanks for the rude reply

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

khry, arent they guilds this time instead of LSes?  after all the quest thingies are called guildleves :D

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• KyrocKyroc Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by itchmon

khry, arent they guilds this time instead of LSes?  after all the quest thingies are called guildleves :D

Aren't they being called Companies this time round?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Kyroc

Edit: The Guildleve name has to do with the actual NPC run guilds like the blacksmith and fishing guilds...etc   They will offer up guild specific quests you can participate in; for them...at least that is how I'm understanding it from what I've seen so far!

Nope, they're still being called Linkshells, and then there is a new feature called Companies and while its vague info for now, to me it sounds more like a way for multiple types of LS to join and become as one so you're not holding several different shells or pearls in your inventory for multiple events.

So instead it would be like this, for my Linkshell ~ Eldritch Eponym you'd have a pearl, and for an HNM LS you'd have that pearl, and for a BCNM LS you'd have another pearl, and for your static XP PT, once again another pearl, and so on....or which I beleive you were able to hold like 99 pearls per character, which nobody ever did that I know of, but still thats a ton of very valuable space, even having 2-3 pearls is using up valuable space.  And to see the chat for each one you'd have to equip the other pearl leaving behind the chat of the other one and not being listed as present.

Anyway, my theory on how companies will work, which are being described as an advanced feature.  You could be in our LS and then join our Company and within that there would be several areas you could join, like above HNM, a BCNM, a static XP PT, a Sea or Sky etc. and each has their own chat channel that you could switch to exclusively, or maybe even combine the chat of each one in the same window so you'd still be a part of your main LS and keep up to date with whats going on while doing something with others.

On top of all this, you could also have other players from different LSs join too, but they'd only have access to the event section they applied for and were granted access too.  And it would be different for everyone, so I'd open my Company menu, and our LS roster is here in this channel, but over in this static XP PT channel are friends of mine that others may not know, and only I can see them.  Then in this other channel lets say there are 4 members from our LS in this BCNM one, and 2 players from another LS in there.

So essentially only those who have joined these other LS are viewable to you so you can see who may be online in those and may be wanting to get something started, all-the-while you can still see your LS chat, and other LS rosters and chat you joined for other events without having to change pearls.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by Kyroc

Edit: The Guildleve name has to do with the actual NPC run guilds like the blacksmith and fishing guilds...etc   They will offer up guild specific quests you can participate in; for them...at least that is how I'm understanding it from what I've seen so far!

Nope, they're still being called Linkshells, and then there is a new feature called Companies and while its vague info for now, to me it sounds more like a way for multiple types of LS to join and become as one so you're not holding several different shells or pearls in your inventory for multiple events.

So instead it would be like this, for my Linkshell ~ Eldritch Eponym you'd have a pearl, and for an HNM LS you'd have that pearl, and for a BCNM LS you'd have another pearl, and for your static XP PT, once again another pearl, and so on....or which I beleive you were able to hold like 99 pearls per character, which nobody ever did that I know of, but still thats a ton of very valuable space, even having 2-3 pearls is using up valuable space.  And to see the chat for each one you'd have to equip the other pearl leaving behind the chat of the other one and not being listed as present.

Anyway, my theory on how companies will work, which are being described as an advanced feature.  You could be in our LS and then join our Company and within that there would be several areas you could join, like above HNM, a BCNM, a static XP PT, a Sea or Sky etc. and each has their own chat channel that you could switch to exclusively, or maybe even combine the chat of each one in the same window so you'd still be a part of your main LS and keep up to date with whats going on while doing something with others.

On top of all this, you could also have other players from different LSs join too, but they'd only have access to the event section they applied for and were granted access too.  And it would be different for everyone, so I'd open my Company menu, and our LS roster is here in this channel, but over in this static XP PT channel are friends of mine that others may not know, and only I can see them.  Then in this other channel lets say there are 4 members from our LS in this BCNM one, and 2 players from another LS in there.

So essentially only those who have joined these other LS are viewable to you so you can see who may be online in those and may be wanting to get something started, all-the-while you can still see your LS chat, and other LS rosters and chat you joined for other events without having to change pearls.

So its almost like an Alliance between different "corporations" (Linkshells) in Eve?

• DeViLmAn0DeViLmAn0 Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by Bradynffxi

question, i see LE version gets a ko helm, and reg version gets googles that help crafting i assume, so isnt crafting googles better the ko helm. will le get them also or do we gotta buy both versions?

More than likely these items will be used very little, and not be as much help as one may expect. 

Like for instance that Onion Helm with the CE I'm getting looks kinda neat, but its not something I'd wear all the time,{more like just pull out on occassion to be different and show off that I bought the CE...hehe} but if we're allowed to change gear during combat like in FFXI, then keeping it on hand when you're about to die could be nice.  However even its use will be limited and if this is suggesting there is an XP loss upon death {I sure hope so}, or maybe this could reduce ones rez sickness duration instead.  There are ways to reduce ones XP loss upon death in FFXI through elements on furniture and items placed in your Mog House but its not much...

They may be very little used in the long run, but im kinda bummed as it doesnt look like those goggles come with the CE, which i pre ordered thursday asap. Worse comes to worse a month or so down the road if im loving this game as much as i think i will i will throw down the $ to pick up a CE to add the key to my account if only to have those goggles around for the looks lol. All in all like everyone .. or most of us here im greatly excited that its not much farther off that the fantasy mmo i have been waiting for launches. *cheers*

Waiting For: FF14,Guild Wars2
    RIP: Tabula Rasa&Hellgate:London(online)
    Playing:Fallen Earth&Guild Wars& Dragon Age

• gordunkgordunk Member CommonPosts: 114

Hmm...that's great but what about the PS3 version?

I've heard rumors that the PS3 version got delayed 'till March 2011?  Confirm/Deny?

If it has hopefully I can upgrade my computer and get the Collectors edition...7 extra days sounds awesome.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by gordunk

Hmm...that's great but what about the PS3 version?

I've heard rumors that the PS3 version got delayed 'till March 2011?  Confirm/Deny?

If it has hopefully I can upgrade my computer and get the Collectors edition...7 extra days sounds awesome.

Yes, it has been delayed for the time being.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".