Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14 Collectors Edition on Amazon.

ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Link

Now available for pre-order--the Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition, which features exclusive early access, you'll play the game six days prior to release of the standard edition. Check out all the great content and pre-order now.

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Hyanmen

It just makes me smile looking at the Authenticator. It's just brings a peace of mind, playing an MMO that provides that little extra layer of protection.

• SergenSergen Member Posts: 48

Yeah, definitely like seeing that authenticator sitting there :P

That is what made me want to get the collectors edition more than anything.

• RaythorRaythor Member Posts: 134

Just pre-ordered the CE edition myself!

Now I just need to find a guild o_0

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Raythor

Just pre-ordered the CE edition myself!

Now I just need to find a Linkshell o_0

Fixed that for ya, and you're welcome to come check out our LS...click on my signature and read our 'Info' page for more info!  We're of course playing FFXi together for now...

• BradynffxiBradynffxi Member CommonPosts: 4

question, i see LE version gets a ko helm, and reg version gets googles that help crafting i assume, so isnt crafting googles better the ko helm. will le get them also or do we gotta buy both versions?

Originally posted by Bradynffxi

question, i see LE version gets a ko helm, and reg version gets googles that help crafting i assume, so isnt crafting googles better the ko helm. will le get them also or do we gotta buy both versions?

More than likely these items will be used very little, and not be as much help as one may expect. 

Like for instance that Onion Helm with the CE I'm getting looks kinda neat, but its not something I'd wear all the time,{more like just pull out on occassion to be different and show off that I bought the CE...hehe} but if we're allowed to change gear during combat like in FFXI, then keeping it on hand when you're about to die could be nice.  However even its use will be limited and if this is suggesting there is an XP loss upon death {I sure hope so}, or maybe this could reduce ones rez sickness duration instead.  There are ways to reduce ones XP loss upon death in FFXI through elements on furniture and items placed in your Mog House but its not much...

I'm wondering if you get the authenticator with the standard edition aswell...

I'm really just interested in it for that, the week headstart is also a plus but I could probably wait a few more days if need be to save some money. I'll go ahead and get the CE if its the only all-in-one though (really digging the authenticator lol xD i'm such a nerd)

Originally posted by Sergen

I'm really just interested in it for that, the week headstart is also a plus but I could probably wait a few more days if need be to save some money. I'll go ahead and get the CE if its the only all-in-one though (really digging the authenticator lol xD i'm such a nerd)

Highly doubt it, but if its like FFXI, they'll only cost ya $10, thus the regular edition with an authenticator purchased on the side will run ya $60, only $15 less than the CE and look at all that swag ya get with it.  I'd jump on getting the CE ASAP...its really a damn good deal, and if ya hadn't watched the Video Reveal from Gamespot yet, the CE case is also Hardbound...heck yeah!

Just checked the US FFXIV site and under "Game Info" it shows the regular edition is just the game, and the goggles! 

Originally posted by Khrymson

Highly doubt it, but if its like FFXI, they'll only cost ya $10, thus the regular edition with an authenticator purchased on the side will run ya $60, only $15 less than the CE and look at all that swag ya get with it.  I'd jump on getting the CE ASAP...its really a damn good deal, and if ya hadn't watched the Video Reveal from Gamespot yet, the CE case is also Hardbound...heck yeah!

Just checked the US FFXIV site and under "Game Info" it shows the regular edition is just the game, and the goggles! 

Ok cool, thanks. Yeah I'm going to go with the CE.

Anyone know how well the Release-Date Delivery from amazon works or what your experience with it has been like?

Since I plan on getting a CE i'd definitely want to get it the day it is released, i'm probably on the other side of the country since everytime I order something it comes from the west coast... just not sure how well it works. I don't want to order it and not getting it for 4-5 days after release lol :x

Anyone know how well the Release-Date Delivery from amazon works or what your experience with it has been like?

Since I plan on getting a CE i'd definitely want to get it the day it is released, i'm probably on the other side of the country since everytime I order something it comes from the west coast... just not sure how well it works. I don't want to order it and not getting it for 4-5 days after release lol :x

I've ordered MMOs from Amazon quite a few times in the past, and this was before they have the new "recieve on release date" {It does cost $12} shipping option, and they've always been here on time the day of release.  And even should it be a day late, thats still 7 days prior to the masses of the regular editions joining us in Eorzea...hehe 

The only other options in my city are Best Buy and Gamestop, but neither of them handle their PC product or pre-orders very well, so I just don't purchase from them...period!  Plus it'd cost just as much in gas and time and energy to go ick it up oppossed to shipping costs...rofl

I've ordered MMOs from Amazon quite a few times in the past, and this was before they have the new "recieve on release date" {It does cost $12} shipping option, and they've always been here on time the day of release.  And even should it be a day late, thats still 7 days prior to the masses of the regular editions joining us in Eorzea...hehe 

The only other options in my city are Best Buy and Gamestop, but neither of them handle their PC product or pre-orders very well, so I just don't purchase from them...period!  Plus it'd cost just as much in gas and time and energy to go ick it up oppossed to shipping costs...rofl

I know exactly what you mean. A friend of mine works at a local gamestop and he plans on playing as well. He said earlier today it probably isn't a good idea to preorder 'this' kind of game since their system will show the release date as sept.30 and they(his boss) won't let anyone pick it up regardless of explanations @_@;

• AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

Yeah I ordered my Collector Edition on Amazon.ca (the canadian site), if you grab the "super economic free shipping thing", it says it'll be here for october 5th....I wonder if they'll send code by email....I think i'll change my pre-order and pay for the shipping.

For people not sure about which version to buy, i'd say that the collector is worth it. I wanted to buy an authenticator back in my Wow days and it was 10$ + the shipping, so the real cost was around 20$ for people living in Canada. So for five dollars, i get the game 8 days earlier, the bonus item, the DVD, the book,etc.

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

Yeah, definitely like seeing that authenticator sitting there :P

That is what made me want to get the collectors edition more than anything.

Same for me.  Once I saw the authenticator as included in the CE... i didn't think twice.  The other stuff is nice too though... and it's only $25 bucks more... so I think it's a great deal.

I also like amazon's release date delivery option... Meaning... i should have a copy of it on the 22nd exactly.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

the 25 bucks i'm going to pay for the authenticator (which also includes the 6 days early thing) is well worth it when balanced against the aggrivation anger and worry that come with an account hacking!

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

a couple of stupid questions:

whats an authenticator?

If I pre order and then change my mind before release can I cancel my pre order from amazon?

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Shari

whats an authenticator?

Security token is for increased security and less hacked accounts.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

If I pre order and then change my mind before release can I cancel my pre order from amazon?

I ordered from Amazon and there is a "Cancel order" button on top right of the page. They don't charge your credit card until they ship the item so you can cancel your pre-order.

• VoltlivesVoltlives Member Posts: 280

Ordering my copy this weekend, can't wait.  Coincidentally I will also be ordering my new video card as well, funny that.

END OF LINE_

~V

whats an authenticator?

As Hyanman said, it adds an additonal layer of security to your account which is virtually unhackable, {course there has been reports of a redirect method, thats good for one use, I've read about}  However without that there is no way they can get into your account and the players that fall prey to a redirect need to rethink the websites, programs and mods they use.

You can cancel an order from Amazon at anytime, unless its already been shipped of course...hehe  Amazon doesn't charge for pre-ordering a product and won't charge you at all until its on hand and they're packaging it up to ship to your door!

As I and others have already said, the CE is well worth it since you get an authenticator with it, and all the other nifty swag.  And being a new MMO, the hackers, and bots and gil farmers I'm sure will be there in force to try their luck again, but I highly doubt they'll get anywhere cause of all the MMO developers out there, Square-Enix are the only ones that have fought them off and royally beat the shit out of them, and while they still try on occassion in FFXI...they're all but gone.  So do expect the same systems currently in play with FFXI to be present and then some in FFXIV at launch; preventing them from ever getting a foothold like they did in FFXI once before...it just won't happen again!

• MariouzMariouz Member Posts: 186

Thanks for the info you all, looking forward to the game! I did not see the option to get it on launch day so got to go back and make sure I click on it, I was confused why it said it would be delivered between the 28th-30th now I know. Never had any issues with my WoW account being hacked, and I had 5 of them. I did not own an authenticator either so I guess I just got lucky, I played since launch and recently quit and waiting on XIV to come out so I can play it.

• chadddadachadddada Member Posts: 24

Just placed my order for the CE!  Yeahhhh bring on the fun!

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158

I placed an order for CE at Futureshop.ca. This would save me some shipping and customs if I were to order from Gamestop.com. Does anyone have any experience with Futureshop's pre-order? do they ship the game a day before? are they reliable?

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117

I know exactly what you mean. A friend of mine works at a local gamestop and he plans on playing as well. He said earlier today it probably isn't a good idea to preorder 'this' kind of game since their system will show the release date as sept.30 and they(his boss) won't let anyone pick it up regardless of explanations @_@;

Gamestop does show a release date of Sept. 22nd for the collector's edition.  I just preordered mine from there today.  The girl that checked me out asked me about it.  She is now probably gonna switch her preorder to the collector's edition.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I've pre ordered the CE from amazon but shipping says oct 1st?