Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those looking for a different type of game...

[Mordecai][Mordecai] Member Posts: 15

Here is a trailer I made for WWII Online: Battleground Europe's recently release of v1.31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuVX2BnsPeY

Quick Overview of WW2 Online Battleground Europe:

This game is not a limited connectivity 32 to 64 player frag fest. This game is not another Call of Duty or Battlefield game. Those games have predefined levels and limited connectivity; which allows for state of the art graphics. They are also made by huge development teams. Battleground Europe is made by a very small development team. This game as 1 huge seamless world and massive combined arms battles between air, land and sea. You can spawn in and walk all the way across Europe if you want to. You can be flying at 30000 feet and then swoop down below the clouds and attack tanks and infantry on the ground.

Concerns about dated graphics are real but again, games with limited players and small levels can afford to have much better graphics. A game like Fight Night can include the highest detail possible because it is just 2 characters in a boxing ring. However with a game like WW2 online, where you can see over the horizon and actually go there if you want; you cannot have the same level of detail and maintain any kind of performance on a consumer PC.

Graphics aside the gameplay is some of the best I have ever come across and I have played almost every modern FPS on the market. No other game comes close to the combined arms, massive battles that can be seen in WW2 Online. Closest I have seen is maybe Planetside.

Also, they have a very complex and historically accurate damage model. Rounds will not penetrate armor at a high angle and rounds can only penetrate certain armor thicknesses depending on their own individual ballistics properties. See this video for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzpUVtVUBTI

Comments

• tinwonderboytinwonderboy Member Posts: 5

thanks for sharing this information i will download this game and try it hopefully have fun in it. thanks again buddy.

• Arctic2006Arctic2006 Member Posts: 31

I can recommend Battleground Europe. Have enjoyed it on and off since 2003, currently not playing it due to time constraints. One warning to any new players, there is a quite steep learning curve. Check the forums for good advice and tutorials, as well as youtube. Don't be afraid to tag along with a squad as that will by far be the best way to get a hang of things. If you have a headset download TS and get setup with the Battleground TS as that will be another good way to get a chance to tag along with more experienced players. It isn't the easiest game to learn by any means, but if given a chance it can certainly grow on you.

• [Mordecai][Mordecai] Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Arctic2006

I can recommend Battleground Europe. Have enjoyed it on and off since 2003, currently not playing it due to time constraints. One warning to any new players, there is a quite steep learning curve. Check the forums for good advice and tutorials, as well as youtube. Don't be afraid to tag along with a squad as that will by far be the best way to get a hang of things. If you have a headset download TS and get setup with the Battleground TS as that will be another good way to get a chance to tag along with more experienced players. It isn't the easiest game to learn by any means, but if given a chance it can certainly grow on you.

yes the learning curve is really steep but thats part of what makes the game really enjoyable. There are so many different types of equipment, each with unique weapons and ballistics properties. The damage model is very precise and as historically accurate as possible.

CRS has introduced a new training portion of the game that I feel not enough people take advantage of but its a very good first step to get you on your way. From there you should definitely reach out to other players for help, get Teamspeak, join up with a squad and try not to get too frustrated with how quickly you will die as a new player. There are veterans that have been playing this game for about 9 years now.

• pizzieneripizzieneri Member Posts: 5

what is WWII Online?

• [Mordecai][Mordecai] Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by pizzieneri

what is WWII Online?

visit www.battlegroundeurope.com