Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gimme your APB opinion?

I want to know your opinion about APB game.

My opinion is:

I like if you have a good group cuz is very fun be in a car shooting to the enemy faction, I like this new invention is like youre playing Grand Theft Auto in a MMO mode.

Customization is very nice you can customize everything.

One bad thing for me is just 2 maps at the moment for mish and playing and one passive map for buying customize stuff and etc.

I dont like too much way  of they gonna charge for playing Is cool if you can pay for 180 days package but if you can, i think the hours package are very short cuz in 2 days i burn 10 hours trying to control myself lol.

so whats your opinion?

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Kovenant

I want to know your opinion about APB game.

My opinion is:

I like if you have a good group cuz is very fun be in a car shooting to the enemy faction, I like this new invention is like youre playing Grand Theft Auto in a MMO mode.

Or you can just pull out the cell phone in GTA IV and choose "multiplayer" and play *gasp* REAL GTA online.

Customization is very nice you can customize everything.

I agree. No game does Barbie's Dress Up Salon better than APB.

One bad thing for me is just 2 maps at the moment for mish and playing and one passive map for buying customize stuff and etc.

Don't worry, they'll have  more  maps by next year. Maybe. If they survive 'til next year.

I dont like too much way  of they gonna charge for playing Is cool if you can pay for 180 days package but if you can, i think the hours package are very short cuz in 2 days i burn 10 hours trying to control myself lol.

The fact they charge at all for a watered down Counterstrike really amazes me.

so whats your opinion?

I'm sure you can tell.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• KovenantKovenant Member Posts: 7

APB is Good, till wait for FFXIV or other mmo before FFXIV

• Krypt-JakeKrypt-Jake Member UncommonPosts: 36

I only really enjoyed APB when playing with a full party of friends. Customization is great. I don't like how you unlock some of the items just by spending time in the kiosks. I'm sure they will have additional factions / maps in a few months. For the monthly fee: if you have fun, than it's worth it. Sub for a month and play all you can play, than take a break for a week or two if you want, than resub.

• KovenantKovenant Member Posts: 7

Well the game is new, we just need to wait for the updates and expansion hope they add some maps soon

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I'm still having an insane amount of fun. I think some people are worrying about what APB is not, and can't just play it for what it is. Sure it has flaws, but as I said before, its looseness is part of its charm IMO. There is nothing wrong really with how the shooter bits are, its just different and was never intended to be a hyper realistic Modern warfare shooter. Once you get past that this game is really its own thing, and not trying to be a pure RPG or a pure shooter, its extremely refreshing. I have never personally enjoyed shooters with head shots, so I prefer games with out them, games with head shots usually devolve into just one thing for me, unseen head shots. IMO most session based shooters are worse than MMG, they are a bunch of people playing together, alone just worrying about being top of the kill board. So I highly enjoy the large amount of emphasis placed on teams and working together, we had some brilliant examples of this going on last night.

I hear complaints about "content" and "repetitiveness", every time I read this I think about how in most shooters, they are the most repetitive things in the world, with only one game mode per session. Where as APB has every game mode I can think of from session based FPS/TPS games, and some unique to it, but randomly strung together in a chain of missions, only the maps doesn't reset when you are done, so downtime is really low (more so for criminals).

Game balance to me, has been fine. Sure, the match making isn't fair sometimes, you can be outnumbered. I don't have an issue with this because I don't have the need for everything to be completely 1:1 all the time, in fact its part of what keeps it exciting. Last night we have many matches that we were outnumbered, yet we still overcame in the end. Quite a number of times we were 3 VS 5, or 4 VS 5, including me continuity getting star rank 5 (entire criminal side can shoot me), we still won. We also lost many times too, sometimes in spectacular fashion!. But that just made the wins that much sweeter. Not because we are awesome, but because we worked together. If your sole goal is kills, you are missing the point I think. If your sole goal is winning all the time, I think perhaps you will not enjoy something as dynamic as APB can be.

I think in a lot of ways, games have become to congratulatory for nothing, APB is a game that continually throws challenges at you, including at times overwhelming odds.

We meet a good deal of tough opposition, some more than once, but just about every time witty banter, and lolz were had on both sides. While arresting some fools, some even pleaded with me that they had children to feed, so they could not go to jail (OMG Role play!!). I tried talking a criminal into just letting me arrest him at one point because I had him dead to rights in a standoff for a bit, it distracted him long enough for Aveline to sneak up behind him and murder his face. Hay, I gave him the option :)

Honestly, I think the main problem for APBs acceptance is the fact that to many come in to it expecting it to be something its not, so somehow its inferior, and never see it for what it is doing and the merits it has. I do not think the 10 hours in the KTTC was enough times for people to adapt to the games game play, and it left many with the wrong impression, not to mention created a good deal of anxiety and urgency because of the limited time frame, that just lead to frustration.

On the subject of hacks: In beta there was a good deal, last night in a 5-7 hour session, I did not run into anyone I would suspect of cheating. Better shots than me? Sure, but nothing I thought was suspect. I can see a lot of things in the game such as the unified hit box perhaps being interpreted as a hack (you think you are in cover but are not). Game modes such as VIP or bounty that gives a side the player target location, ETC..

As far as ass hats, yeah, its a shooter, on the internets. image

And just as a disclaimer, I am at best mediocre at shooters, I never claim to be supper awesome at them. And as some who have played various games in the past with me cant attest, I will gladly throw myself into the fray if it means delaying the opposition while you sink the goal, death does not overly concern me most times. I enjoy games that run hot and cold. I'm not posting this to get anyone to play, just to share my experiences.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

The game is way more fun if you have a group you can play with that actually are paying attention to what is going on and are not complete A$$Hats.

I can see alot of the criticism of it getting repettative and such.  It really plays like an FPS set in an open area that you get roped into small conflicts of 6v6 or so.  Just stating that since I have not really been involved in any conflicts larger than that.

One thing that kinda bugged me tho.  After winning a number of conflicts and then trying to gear up and go through inventory, I was subjected to a mission without my acknowledgement.  I became the focus of the opposing team without accepting and was killed while going through inventory and stuff.  Probably not one of the better moments in game and not sure I like this aspect of it.

Otherwise it does feel liek a fairly decent fps / mmo hybrid that is not too bad.  Interesting concept and I like to see new ideas such as this out there.  Will be interesting to see what this will inspire future developers to come up with.

As far as subscription goes.  I never offered up any funds for the sub after the game purchase.  It tells me now I have 20 in game hours to play with 100 rtw points to spend.  I am assuming this RTW is used to purchase more game time as well as other uses.  Effectively meaning I only have to pay for the time I want to play.  Something different there too.  Well, not really different, just a throwback to the old days of pay as you play games.

Is it worth the $60 investment?  Ask me in a week or so.....  Still new and shiney right now, hard to see through all that sparkle atm.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by NovaKayne  After winning a number of conflicts and then trying to gear up and go through inventory, I was subjected to a mission without my acknowledgement.

Yolu must be a criminal. Here is why you got that APB put on you, you are a ciminal and you have done crimes. :)

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

It's a good bit of fun to play with a few friends for a couple of hours every now and then and there's some nice things to do in the social district if you're creative.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i haven't played it, but i have an opion on how it will turn out.  first off, it's new.  everybody is going to think it's great.  wait a few weeks and then get some feedback.  it's got a lot of hype, which is very bad.  have you ever seen a game live up to it's hype?  espicially one that's over hyped.  the custimization is making me think this game will fail.  to many times have i seen "the custimization is good, but that's all there is".  maybe the game will work out, but usually it doesn't with these signs.  i'll give it a month or two and get some feedback once the hype has calmed down.  and until then i'll play GA which is sub free.  not trying to troll, just giving my 2 cents.