Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there many players?

XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

Are there still many people playing and pvping in this game, and which one is the most popular ? :) Thinking of buying the Trilogy on steam, since it is 33% off!

Comments

• nlnforevernlnforever Member Posts: 38

I pvp in this game, and pvp only, about 2 days/week . There are still many people playing and pvping. Trilogy is the best to purchase, because you should have all the campaigns to unlock all skills for pvp.

Play Free Flash Game ONline
    www.webgamenow.com
    www.hotgamecentral.com

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Have they said whether GW will still continue to run and be updated as well as have continuing development after GW2 releases? That's my main concern, as I've been thinking of getting the trilogy off Steam as well ( waiting to see if it hits a daily sale before the last day, also ).

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• CaliforunCaliforun Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Have they said whether GW will still continue to run and be updated as well as have continuing development after GW2 releases? That's my main concern, as I've been thinking of getting the trilogy off Steam as well ( waiting to see if it hits a daily sale before the last day, also ).

Once GW2 is released, I believe the original Guild Wars will not have so many updates, but it will continue to run.

Either way, it'll be another year or so before GW2 is released, so you have plenty of time.  Playing through the whole game can easily take less than a year even if you like to dilly dally around and do all the fun side activities/quests!

If you haven't played before, I'd suggest starting on the Prophecies campaign, as that was the original one and the best introduction... and most compelling storyline.  It's very chronological from Prophecies > Factions > Nightfall > Eye of the North.