Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download and Retail Box Question

SergenSergen Member Posts: 48

I ran into a problem when I first started FFXI. I played FFXI on PS2 and PC, but in order to play on PC I had to go and buy another copy of the game. I had to do this for each expansion if I wanted to continue playing on both.

Will there be a place I can download the files for the PC version of FFXIV? So I don't have to buy multiple copies of the game? (like a download client) I will be playing FFXIV on both, on my PS3 when I have some alone time, on my PC when my lady wants to watch her 'lady' TV shows.

I know that some other games work this way, where your initial purchase gives you a serial key for an account but you can download the files to the game when/where ever you desire. You pay for the access to that content and not for the files.

I hope I explained this ok, if not I'm sorry. Does anyone have an idea on this issue?

Comments

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Ive heard nothing about that, but if they are gonna be smart i have a feeling they will be doing that; since most games you can digital download, you have to be able to download it whenever you want.

But id keep a look out for more info on that, which i bet will come to rise when the game is closer to release.

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Well, at first, Your title of this thread confused me !! :p  (What ?? Download the Retail Box ?? o_O ... how?? haha)

I do believe in these days, internet files download to the client is faily common.

Like a lot of games taking these ideas too (LOTRO) which you download client and the client will download the game for you.

• FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91

Only annoying thing about FF11 is that if you don't remember your ridiculous Playonline login name, you're gonna have to buy a new copy to play again. I hope Square learns from that mistake, not every keeps their old credit cards laying around to verify the owner.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Originally posted by Flaeb

Only annoying thing about FF11 is that if you don't remember your ridiculous Playonline login name, you're gonna have to buy a new copy to play again. I hope Square learns from that mistake, not every keeps their old credit cards laying around to verify the owner.

You my man, are right on que with that one. God, that was the reason i quit FFXI lol; i couldnt STAND the pain and suffering i went through to get my account back lol.

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• lynxielynxie Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Flaeb

I think the gamer self has to take better care of such things.

I joined and left FFXI a lot of times, I always kept the important ID's in a safe place for if I wanted to return.

I also keep cd keys, which helped me years later to revive my deleted character.

I also think how easier it is to get an account back, how easier it is to hack an account.

@ Sergen : I don't think you will get it for free, to write the game for the PS3 probably is different then for the PC, but maybe they can give a huge discount if you already have a PS3 version.

I think it is more then normal to pay for it if you want to play it in two ways. As long as the subscription doesn't change because of that, then it is just a 1 time extra cost.

But if they make one of the two free then I sure will also get it at the PS3, just to try it out.

• SergenSergen Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by kinido

Ive heard nothing about that, but if they are gonna be smart i have a feeling they will be doing that; since most games you can digital download, you have to be able to download it whenever you want.

But id keep a look out for more info on that, which i bet will come to rise when the game is closer to release.

Yeah I hope so...

I really don't trust torrents thats why I always bought a PC copy of FFXI. I'm really hoping that since there is a alpha client that they would make an official client and I would only be paying that purchase price for access to that content on that account (Kind of like how WoW does it).