Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal online is a great game. (video)

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Most recent pvp video

An other pvp video

You may talk down on mortal online, spread all your hate, but MO wont die. Its a niche game. Mo may have some flaws since its a niche mmorpg, but there is no grind at all on character progression. There is gear grind, but it wont deny the fact that MO is more player skill then the amount of time a player play for numbers.

Either way, MO cant be compared to games like wow or other theme park mmorpg's. So those who leave MO to go back to a theme park mmo, we dont need you to keep the game alive. Our fear is players who leave MO to play DF instead or an other sandbox mmorpg open world pvp with full loot. One day, we will win that monopoly board.

Nowadays, if you are a sandbox fan, you have 2 choice. Mortal online or Darkfall online. If you chose DF, you chose to grind with no limit waiting to pvp after 6 months of play. IF you chose MO, its because you want to be treated as a person who play in a sandbox game who have the freedom to do what ever he want. And again, DF is quite a complete game so if you chose it, its because you want no flaws at all while MO still hold bugs, crash ,server offline. Like DF is at now, MO need one year and it will be the greatest.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Most recent pvp video

An other pvp video

You may talk down on mortal online, spread all your hate, but MO wont die. Its a niche game. Mo may have some flaws since its a niche mmorpg, but there is no grind at all on character progression. There is gear grind, but it wont deny the fact that MO is more player skill then the amount of time a player play for numbers.

Either way, MO cant be compared to games like wow or other theme park mmorpg's. So those who leave MO to go back to a theme park mmo, we dont need you to keep the game alive. Our fear is players who leave MO to play DF instead or an other sandbox mmorpg open world pvp with full loot. One day, we will win that monopoly board.

Nowadays, if you are a sandbox fan, you have 2 choice. Mortal online or Darkfall online. If you chose DF, you chose to grind with no limit waiting to pvp after 6 months of play. IF you chose MO, its because you want to be treated as a person who play in a sandbox game who have the freedom to do what ever he want. And again, DF is quite a complete game so if you chose it, its because you want no flaws at all while MO still hold bugs, crash ,server offline. Like DF is at now, MO need one year and it will be the greatest.

In before hateswarm.

On-topic:  Good post, thanks for linking those vids.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

The concept is great and I can see the game being fun but so far from a technical (literally technical) standpoint its a POS. They need to cleanup the code and fix the crashes and im sure it would have a bigger fanbase.

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

I'm not a hater, or a fan of this game. I literally have never tried it nor paid much attention to it, but that first video looks ridiculous. Half the time the guy wouldn't even swing his weapon it'd just stick straight out in front of him, and then blood would happen. Also, was that video sped up in some way? It looked like he was just twitching like crazy everywhere at super fast speeds. Really confusing.

There also seemed to be a lot of glitchy buggy stuff happening. There was a part where he was chasing some dude and the guy was just standing stone still stiff as a board and sliding around.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Here's the problem, they used a modern engine and it looks and plays like shit. You constantly see clipping, you constantly see characters slide around. The animation is absolutely terrible. There are many that can't tolerate this stuff, you'd have more fun playing with action figures.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

Was it just me or was that guy seriously having a seizure at his keyboard the whole time?

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by Burnthebed

Was it just me or was that guy seriously having a seizure at his keyboard the whole time?

He almost gave me one watching it move around like that... 

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Yeah, I've noticed that quick left-right shaking in a few games (first was COD4)... I finally asked someone what was up with that, and it kinda makes sense...

-  Very quickly check your left and right flank, and

-  more easily discern 'camoflauged' and moving targets.  

I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet, but apparently it works.

• AtakAtak Member Posts: 82

Looks like a pretty bad fantasy theme park to me.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by Atak

Well, its not a theme park at all its a sandbox.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I'm not a hater, or a fan of this game. I literally have never tried it nor paid much attention to it, but that first video looks ridiculous. Half the time the guy wouldn't even swing his weapon it'd just stick straight out in front of him, and then blood would happen. Also, was that video sped up in some way? It looked like he was just twitching like crazy everywhere at super fast speeds. Really confusing.

There also seemed to be a lot of glitchy buggy stuff happening. There was a part where he was chasing some dude and the guy was just standing stone still stiff as a board and sliding around.

He is using a spear Not a polearm, or a sword, but a spear. Thats how you had to use spear back then(go watch the movie 300 for reference). I agree that i hate the part when it speed up. For the glitches, dont let it make you think the game is bad.

nah... its all theme park with some little sandbox elements here and there. This game screams themepark, npcs, premade citys, etc etc etc. PURE FANTASY THEME PARK WITH VERY LITTLE SANDBOX ELEMENTS

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Enjoy MO all you want, but for god sakes don't say there isn't a grind.

Create any character and the first thing you do is chase that carrot. At least other MMOs make some sort of effort for it to be fun.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Darkfall PVP so much better, Darkfall will also evolve in to a better game. That unreal engine just makes the large world look so bland!

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

nah... its all theme park with some little sandbox elements here and there. This game screams themepark, npcs, premade citys, etc etc etc. PURE FANTASY THEME PARK WITH VERY LITTLE SANDBOX ELEMENTS

You gotta be kidding me with that statement bro.

Are you guys just making this shit up as you go along.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

This game aint no different than darkfall or dawntide , they are themeparks with very little sandbox elements.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by stayontarget

Sorry, but it's true. MO has more themepark elements at the moment than sandbox.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by Benthon

Originally posted by stayontarget

Sorry, but it's true. MO has more themepark elements at the moment than sandbox.

It is undeniable thugh... that they did ship the game with a sandbox book!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Sorry, but these videos just make me glad I never even tried Mortal Online.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The theme park bar must be getting lower by the day I guess.

The book was sandbox though or was it theme park because it came in a sack along with a toy figerine ?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

I understand the people who criticize MO for being a sandbox with not enough sand or complaining about not enough tools, but you've lost me entirely.  If NPCs and NPC cities make a game a "theme park"  then I daresay that LOVE http://www.quelsolaar.com/ is the only sandbox in existence. Even second life had NPCs and a starting city IIRC 

• x1mmortalxx1mmortalx Member Posts: 3

Not sure what crack your smoking but mortal is just plain bad.  Bad game play and concept. No quests, and most of all it's pvp is pre-historic and slow game play.  Graphics is great, but the game is nothing more than a clone Conan wannabe.  Sorry but you should just stop posting.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

That was one of the shittiest game videos that I've ever seen.  You've got a better chance to get people to play by NOT showing them the gameplay footage.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

I never cared about the game - as i know that sandbox games dont work.

but!

did you really think you do the game a favour by bringing to the light how shitty it looks? ^^

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

I just dot get it why people call this graphic great...
    This is the most spectacular failure in using Unreal Engine 3 potential...

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

Go play entropia universe a bit for exemple..and come back and say how many 1000000000000x of times better that game looks, feels, has better graphics, animations, runs with high fps at max settings etc etc etc etc..

Dont say good about MO without ever trying any other mmo on the market..or else you cant compare MO to all other better games..even if they are all bad...