Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA says i can say it,

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Panther2103

Is it even in beta right now?

nope

• project8sixproject8six Member Posts: 271

that is good that you people that think betas "suck the fun out" no longer sign up for them. it is called a test and that is what its supposed to be. but i suppose it doesn't matter because there are real QA teams that do the actual testing.

also if you can't restart from the begning how much did you like the game in the first place? maybe i was just young and naive but "good" games used to have replayability.

sadly lots of closed betas are just previews and stress tests these days.

die. <3

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

I guess it depends on the game, it can go either way really. I did the beta for LotRO and fell in love with it. I ended up being a founder/lifer and I've been through all of the content several times. I still can go back and roll a new toon and realize something new in the story not only from not remembering something or catching it the first time through but also because Turbine is good at updating areas and changing dynamics in positive ways. I think that ToR will have the potential to do even better because BioWare is a fantastic company that really knows how to weave together an epic story. So seing a segment or part of it probably would not ruin it and being able to help work out the kinks would give me a sense of investment into the game. I would likely test with classes I would be least likely to settle on as a main or first classes to play at release though to help preserve some mystery. This would be especially effective with this game because each class will have its own individual story arc.