Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Plays on Linux?

RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

Hello,

I was just wondering who, if anyone here, plays EVE on a linux distribution?

-Rectifyer

Comments

• RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

Thank you very much.

It says that you have helped over 300 new players into EVE? Can I be one of them?! :D

-Rectifyer

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Eve is still a bit wonky.

I personally only use my Gentoo/Ubuntu/Debian for non-game related stuff. So on the only box that actually has a graphics card with more than 8mb of ram, linux runs in a vm with win7 as a host.
    I used to have dualboot and got eve running, but that was before the last two expansions..

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Rectifyer

Thank you very much.

It says that you have helped over 300 new players into EVE? Can I be one of them?! :D

-Rectifyer

give me your ingame name and i send u stuff  if u are in trial i can only send u ISK

BestSigEver :P

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

As far as I can see this is the only real fault of Linux. Especially for those who like ATI video (forget Linux if you run ATI TBH) cards. Are you really going to take the chance of being disconnected at just the wrong moment, and running less efficiently?  No.

People that are crazy for Linux will defend it all day long, and that's great. I know they have done allot to make games more accessible. However, people that are crazy about gaming want the best money can buy, and in this one area that's just windows and direct X.

I really hope soon Linux can bridge these last few gaps (with something better than Wine), because other than gaming and a few shiny from Windows, there really isn't any reason I can see for people to be paying for an operating system. Unfortunately, most people don't have a clue that this is the case.