Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New account system, confused.

MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

The new account system, battle.net, WoW adopted has got me confused. I have an old account that I want to remanage/resub to but I don't know how to get with it because now i need a battle.net email address so how can my old account be linked to that?

Comments

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

I believe this is explained in the knowledge base, one the wow-homepage.

Anyway, from what I remember is, that you create a battle.net account, if you don't have one, then, once in it, you have the option to merge one or several wow-accounts.

imageimage

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I would advise setting up a new googemail or hotmail address to use as your bnet 2.0 login, the reason for the increase in hacked wow accounts after the bnet swap was that hackers had players password (they needed to type this every time they login) they also had their email address ( these would be typed on occasions) - captured by keyloggers etc That were once on their machine a week ago a month ago or even a year ago.

That are changed your password right away. - just to be sure.

Every so often the hackers simply run a script using a database of email address and wow passwords on the bnet login page and BOOM! access granted... BOOM! account hi-jacked... its that easy.

Not trying to scare you, I have just heared far too many cry babies on this forum proclaim they were hacked and every one but them are to blame... blah blah.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Def use a different email for your Bnet account.  This way when you register at forums and such with your current email, and you get the "LOLYOUR ACCOUNT IS UNDER INVESTIGATION LOG IN HERE LOL", you'll know it's fake.