Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've Quite Mortal Online and I want a refund !!!!

Comments

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Notice this... I have been posting about Mortal Online for over 2 years...

Notice this... I was in the alpha they called beta...

Notice this... I said 2 years ago this game was complete crap, and jeeez whattya know, it is complete dog sh*t...

Notice this... I was one of the people who gave MO a chance by pre-ordering the game well in advance, and got f**ked for my patronage of an indie developer...

Take your clever observations elsewhere...

He was commenting on the OP not you.  Although, I do have to wonder, if you thought the game was complete crap 2 years ago, why did you pre-order within the last year?

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117

Originally posted by Thorii

Look at the name of the thread.

Look at the content on the OP.

Notice the spelling and constant use of hyperbole with some lies thrown in there.

Notice the same terms used by several other people on these forums and how the OP repeats exactly what they've been saying for the past month constantly.

Now notice this is a brand new account just to make this thread.

Am I blind?  Says OP joined in 2007 to me.  Not saying that changes anything he said, but the account was not made 3 years in advance just to troll the MO forum now.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Notice the spelling and constant use of hyperbole with some lies thrown in there.

Notice the same terms used by several other people on these forums and how the OP repeats exactly what they've been saying for the past month constantly.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But the account isn't new. Even thou there are only 3 posts. 

• ThoriiThorii Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Thebozz

Am I blind?  Says OP joined in 2007 to me.  Not saying that changes anything he said, but the account was not made 3 years in advance just to troll the MO forum now.

A select group of people have been repeatedly trolling on these forums for years. Why wait three years to post your first post.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Wow this thread is full of bright people... no wonder they play MO... I pre-ordered the game to get into the beta, just like everyone else who pre-ordered first, and that process is pretty much an industry standard. That doesn't change the fact that the game was an absolute embarrassment once we were able to log in and still remains to be...

As far as the pre-order high horse speech... save yer bull sh*t hyperbole, they screwed the people who pre-ordered the game by sending open copies that didn't even contain the right version. If any of you actually knew what you were talking about or actually took the time to look up how many people fought to get their money back, you would realize the complaints about this company are 100% justified. As for me? I could care less about the money because I am fortunate enough not to have to worry. Its a matter of a company not fulfilling their end of the bargain, and as gamers being able to call them out for their BS.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

Wow this thread is full of bright people... no wonder they play MO... I pre-ordered the game to get into the beta, just like everyone else who pre-ordered first, and that process is pretty much an industry standard. That doesn't change the fact that the game was an absolute embarrassment once we were able to log in and still remains to be...

As far as the pre-order high horse speech... save yer bull sh*t hyperbole, they screwed the people who pre-ordered the game by sending open copies that didn't even contain the right version. If any of you actually knew what you were talking about or actually took the time to look up how many people fought to get their money back, you would realize the complaints about this company are 100% justified. As for me? I could care less about the money because I am fortunate enough not to have to worry. Its a matter of a company not fulfilling their end of the bargain, and as gamers being able to call them out for their BS.

So, what you're saying is, you paid to play a beta.  You, and everyone who paid to play in beta, are part of the problem.  And you just don't seem to get it.

When you pay to play betas or pre-order a game without doing your homework, you get what you deserve.  I have no sympathy.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

And what do you know... I expected that kind of jackass response with no substance... what I DO EXPECT is to get what I paid for which was a sealed copy of the game with the right version. No one can debate that the people who pre-ordered regardless if it was for a beta invite or not got screwed.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by Pale_Fire

So, what you're saying is, you paid to play a beta.  You, and everyone who paid to play in beta, are part of the problem.  And you just don't seem to get it.

When you pay to play betas or pre-order a game without doing your homework, you get what you deserve.  I have no sympathy.

Actually, the problem is that SV said that there would be a limited number of production slots, so "get in now" if you want to play. So people bought the pre-order to make sure they got in on launch day. The beta was an added benefit.

That said, we know now that SV was full of sh!t in saying that to us, and basically lied in order for people to drop their money. Some people got taken in -- I was one of them -- because we all hoped for a game that resembled UO. Unfortunately this game is a far cry from UO, and the people that bought it expecting UO like gameplay have largely left and been disappointed. Some people stay in the "hope" that it will get better to be like UO (I doubt it), and some people like the game as it is.

Either way, people got sold a story, some people bought it, and they lost their money. I suppose the "caveat emptor" applies, but I don't know why people continue to defend a very, very unethical company like SV>

I want a refund for 90% of the games I have bought the last 5 years. I hadn't that fun as I was promised. I shall start writing letter today. 

MO is entertaining for lots of people, including me. You wont get a refund anyway. So just get over it.

Originally posted by Diekfoo

I want a refund for 90% of the games I have bought the last 5 years. I hadn't that fun as I was promised. I shall start writing letter today. 

MO is entertaining for lots of people, including me. You wont get a refund anyway. So just get over it.

You're right about this... SV won't give you a refund, so just go to your credit card company.

As for 90% of the games I bought in the last 5 years well... at least those I could install and play. They may have sucked, but that's quite different than not working at all.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Actually, the problem is that SV said that there would be a limited number of production slots, so "get in now" if you want to play. So people bought the pre-order to make sure they got in on launch day. The beta was an added benefit.

That said, we know now that SV was full of sh!t in saying that to us, and basically lied in order for people to drop their money. Some people got taken in -- I was one of them -- because we all hoped for a game that resembled UO.

Exact same story here.  I bought into the developers line about the only way to guarantee a spot on launch day was to pre-order.  After Darkfall, I thought it was a reasonable possibility.  Luckily there are rules which govern commerce and I was able to get a full chargeback plus interest for non-delivery of product 5+ months after I bought it.  The funny thing is.. if they had simply RESPONDED to my attempts to contact them in Nov/Dec (after taking my money in July) I probably wouldn't even have been upset.  Ignoring a customer's multiple attempts to get information over a period of weeks just resulted in one really pissed off ex-customer who got his money back anyhow...

Speaking of which.. did they ever send out the "working" DVDs that were promised at launch? 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

You're right about this... SV won't give you a refund, so just go to your credit card company.

As for 90% of the games I bought in the last 5 years well... at least those I could install and play. They may have sucked, but that's quite different than not working at all.

[Mod Edit]

I have installed and played MO without any problem. I do know a few have had some problem, but for most of the people it's no problem,

You constantly lies about MO. I have installed and played MO without any problem. I do know a few have had some problem, but for most of the people it's no problem,

Again, your individual experiences are not indicative of the whole gaming community's.

I am not lying by saying that a lot of people have issues and they are not resolvable. In fact, most of the responses on the forums are "go get a new computer" or things to that effect. Some people find workarounds, but after digging for a while in the forums or IRC. Is that what it takes to get this game to run? The launcher doesn't do a pre-req check at ALL, so basically if you don't go searching, the game does not work for many people.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Again, your individual experiences are not indicative of the whole gaming community's.

I am not lying by saying that a lot of people have issues and they are not resolvable. In fact, most of the responses on the forums are "go get a new computer" or things to that effect. Some people find workarounds, but after digging for a while in the forums or IRC. Is that what it takes to get this game to run? The launcher doesn't do a pre-req check at ALL, so basically if you don't go searching, the game does not work for many people.

I do not think they know how to code a patcher.  They can edit the unreal engine but when it comes to coding outside of the game I do not think they know how to as they are still using the fan-made patcher.

@ the op.  Contact your credit card and they will give you a refund.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

IIRC, they said nothing of the sort. They did say if they had to open additional servers and didn't have time to get them up and running between realizing they were needed and the launch, that they may need to cap orders at the based on the servers they had available.  They also noted that they would do their best to anticipate that and get any additional servers online before launch, if needed.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/287508-post15.html

Originally posted by osmunda

IIRC, they said nothing of the sort. They did say if they had to open additional servers and didn't have time to get them up and running between realizing they were needed and the launch, that they may need to cap orders at the based on the servers they had available.  They also noted that they would do their best to anticipate that and get any additional servers online before launch, if needed.

I remember IRC conversations that was very different than what you remember. I'm sure many others do too.

This quote is from that post "However, those who are invited will still need to buy the game to be able to play the game from first day at launch. And the safest way to have a guaranteed spot at launch is to pre-order."

As  I said.. coming from Darkfall, looking at this game while it had the NDA up,  I actually believed that getting shutout of launch day was a real posibility.  I was one of those people that stayed up all night spamming refresh on multiple clients to try and make sure I reserved my copy and didn;t get shut out of the game, as happened to lots of my friends in Darkfall.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

OP:  Reading is your friend...

Tecmo Bowl.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

This quote is from that post "However, those who are invited will still need to buy the game to be able to play the game from first day at launch. And the safest way to have a guaranteed spot at launch is to pre-order."

As  I said.. coming from Darkfall, looking at this game while it had the NDA up,  I actually believed that getting shutout of launch day was a real posibility.  I was one of those people that stayed up all night spamming refresh on multiple clients to try and make sure I reserved my copy and didn;t get shut out of the game, as happened to lots of my friends in Darkfall.

So, at the very worst, you allowed yourself to fall to the pressure of a marketing tactic.

Far more likely, given SV's inexperience and the tenuous nature of an indie MMO launch, SV was just being honest with their uncertainty about launch availability.  You wanted to play the game badly enough that you made the conscious decision to buy the preorder.

Either way, adults usually accept responsibility for their own purchasing behavior.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So, at the very worst, you allowed yourself to fall to the pressure of a marketing tactic.

Far more likely, given SV's inexperience and the tenuous nature of an indie MMO launch, SV was just being honest with their uncertainty about launch availability.  You wanted to play the game badly enough that you made the conscious decision to buy the preorder.

Either way, adults usually accept responsibility for their own purchasing behavior.

Not sure if you followed the thread.. but that was provided to explain why I pre-ordered the game as opposed to the claim that it was to get into beta.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Now you want a refound? Ho god. Its a niche mmo. You either buy to support or you wait atleast 1 year to give it enough time to be good.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Now you want a refound? Ho god. Its a niche mmo. You either buy to support or you wait atleast 1 year to give it enough time to be good.

Asking for a refund on a broken/incomplete game is bad?  I got my money back, pretty easy  image

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Sounds like you were completely unprepared.

Originally posted by aleos

Unprepaired or lied to?  I think its more of a "lied to" as SV is releasing epic looking trailers of how epic and awesome the game is, yet the game is not fun and is 60% incomplete (95% of the books dont even have descriptions)

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Originally posted by aleos

Unprepaired or lied to?  I think its more of a "lied to" as SV is releasing epic looking trailers of how epic and awesome the game is, yet the game is not fun and is 60% incomplete (95% of the books dont even have descriptions)

Any fool that buys a game for a having an "epic looking trailer" deserves to be ripped off.