Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Apple iPhone 4 works great...

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Hahaha thats a Classic Soe right there... Oh wait ;p

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

heh, they will fix it..i want one, i am an iphone slut

My 3GS is all ugly now. haha

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

It's not bad. If you smother an entire side or both sides of the phone for minutes at a time; you'll lose reception gradually. It's not like if you cover an area with fingernail you can drop a call. Most people and myself included didn't notice the problem; its only a problem for those that hold their phone in a way that they smother the side of it more than bottom or rear.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Also, you cannot drop the phone more then 2 times on concrete without it breaking.  So don't be a butter fingers if you have this phone, and don't operate the phone in the same fashion as people in the iPhone Commercials or in an intended fashion by those who create apps in a certain way for the phone.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

phones... I dont get it..

am I the only one who avoids his?

• Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

I despise phones, I can't stand talking on them. My cell phone is the most ancient piece of technology among my circle of friends because I just don't give a damn about fancy features and such. It doesn't have a battery, you just bang two pieces of flint together until you get service. All I really want is something to make and receive calls, give me voicemail, and allow me to send quick text messages like: "What's the address?" or "Happy New Year." These fancy new iPhones and Androids confuse and anger me. What do you mean you can look at the Internet, that is what my computer is for! What is an app? What are you doing to those poor innocent islanders inside your phone...did you just throw one into a volcano?

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Originally posted by Sawtooth

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

I despise phones, I can't stand talking on them. My cell phone is the most ancient piece of technology among my circle of friends because I just don't give a damn about fancy features and such. It doesn't have a battery, you just bang two pieces of flint together until you get service. All I really want is something to make and receive calls, give me voicemail, and allow me to send quick text messages like: "What's the address?" or "Happy New Year." These fancy new iPhones and Androids confuse and anger me. What do you mean you can look at the Internet, that is what my computer is for! What is an app? What are you doing to those poor innocent islanders inside your phone...did you just throw one into a volcano?

I have taken it a step further then the both of you and quite frankly I just don't own one.  Everywhere I go, one of my friends has a phone that I can use at any time to call anywhere.  None of them care.  I personally like the fact that people can't reach me unless I'm at home, but even then when I'm out and about with people I know they just call around till they find whoever is with me and then they harras me through that phone.

Some people bring up "emergencies" but I don't buy it.  There are pay phones all over town, and if need be I can call for help just about anywhere.  My job doesn't require me to talk on the phone so that's just another reason not to own one.  All the new phones with web access now are pointless to me simply because the surfing is slower, the screen is smaller, there are no peripherals that allow me to interact with the multitude of web pages that actually have content that doesn't consist solely of text and pictures.  I don't use any of the "social" networking crap either because I fail to understand how there are people out there checking this crap every 30 seconds as if their life depended on it.  Why the hell do I care if Sally is sad at the moment?  Or if Jim just came out of the bathroom?  I do my socializing in person, face to face in a park, pub, or random events I go to.  At least then I can actually see and interact with the people I know.

I think I live a better life because I don't own a Cell Phone of any kind.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

Yeh I haven't owned a mobile since the 3310, I just don't have any friends so I have no need for one lol.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

My phone tells me when to go to bed, and what to eat for breakfest.....sometimes I wonder if the Overlord has taken over....and I'm just in a tube computing Pi.......

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• freesugarfreesugar Member Posts: 6

i hope to have one

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by freesugar

i hope to have one

Just recently got the 3G version so i guess i will wait till the next one. I dont mind tho its bug free and as i have brought it there is no monthly fee and it does a great deal.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

i need a phone, i like to you know...get in contact with people without a big hassle.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

From the article:  "Alternatively, said Apple, customers could buy a case to shield the antenna."

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Style over functionality, that be the way of the Apple. image

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by Briansho

No. Apple's reality vs. your reality. There is no spoon.

---

"It’s a pretty safe assumption that if you’re reading this blog, you’ve seen “The Matrix.” And you may or may not remember the scene where a kid explains to Neo that the trick to bending a spoon with your mind is simply to remember that, “There is no spoon.”

So it is with marketing. One thing I learned very early in life, thanks to intentional overuse of psychedelic drugs, is that there is no reality. As a guy at the commune once put it: “The reality is, there is no reality.”

So some guy says his iPhone 4 is having reception issues. I say there is no reception issue. Now it’s his reality against my reality. Which one of us is living in the real reality?

There’s a two-part answer: 1, there is no real reality, and 2, it doesn’t matter.

The only thing that matters is which reality our customers will choose to adopt as their own.

Of course most people would rather live in a reality where everything works and there are no problems. And now, thanks to me, that reality exists. Because I’ve created that reality for them."

The rest: http://www.fakesteve.net/2010/06/there-is-no-spoon.html

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by sepher

Originally posted by Briansho

No. Apple's reality vs. your reality. There is no spoon.

---

"It’s a pretty safe assumption that if you’re reading this blog, you’ve seen “The Matrix.” And you may or may not remember the scene where a kid explains to Neo that the trick to bending a spoon with your mind is simply to remember that, “There is no spoon.”

So it is with marketing. One thing I learned very early in life, thanks to intentional overuse of psychedelic drugs, is that there is no reality. As a guy at the commune once put it: “The reality is, there is no reality.”

So some guy says his iPhone 4 is having reception issues. I say there is no reception issue. Now it’s his reality against my reality. Which one of us is living in the real reality?

There’s a two-part answer: 1, there is no real reality, and 2, it doesn’t matter.

The only thing that matters is which reality our customers will choose to adopt as their own.

Of course most people would rather live in a reality where everything works and there are no problems. And now, thanks to me, that reality exists. Because I’ve created that reality for them."

The rest: http://www.fakesteve.net/2010/06/there-is-no-spoon.html

BAH! LOL quit trying to sell the crappy products.. we all know APPLE is bad for EVERYONE. Just because you like to make money on their products does not mean they are good for ANYONE besides  Apple.

They are NOT cool. In fact, they blow big hairy donkey balls. Cool would be supporting unlimited data transfer, providing excellent customer service, securing customers privacy,and allowing customers to do whatever they wish the products THEY purchase. But NO... Apple is a big step inh the wrong direction, trying to nickle and dime people for crappy products they want to try to control. They are a control freak company that is more concerned about controlling their customers than providing a quality product.

I do hope more emerging companies take the exact opposite approach and provide their consumers with quality products without a " task force" image

I have no idea why they think they should have ANY say whatsoever over a product once someone has purchased it. It is like this, say I want to go buy some super cool vibrating chair, but then I don;t want a vibrating chair, so I decide to gut it, add some liquid cathodes, speakers, a clock and the contents of an xbox to it and turn it into an insane vibrating, music playing, light-up gaming footstool. I should be able to because it is now mine. I bought it and should be able to do with it as I please and whoever made the chair or any of the other components should have 0 say over it. The entire premise that they have any say over it after they sell it is INSANE.

More on apple:

http://cnettv.cnet.com/face-iphone-sucks/9742-1_53-50072059.html

http://cnettv.cnet.com/doing-its-best-kill-iphone-4/9742-1_53-50089148.html

The launch of Apple's iPhone 4 also marks the end of unlimited smartphone data plans from major UK mobile phone companies

http://cnettv.cnet.com/unlimited-more/9742-1_53-50088495.html

http://cnettv.cnet.com/don-mess-apple/9742-1_53-50087267.html

• eripmav08eripmav08 Member Posts: 65

nice brand of iPhone.. cool..

HuNd3Rz

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I like them for when I need to make a call, but I don't call people just to talk. I also tend to not answer the phone when I am not in the mood to talk on the phone... Which is most of the time. I don't even have a phone right now and I am not missing it.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Lets start a club! 

• katkallkatkall Member UncommonPosts: 39

Originally posted by Electro057

My phone tells me when to go to bed, and what to eat for breakfest.....sometimes I wonder if the Overlord has taken over....and I'm just in a tube computing Pi.......

Seriously people at work have alerts telling them its 2 minutes to break 1 minute to break... get going its breaktime.

Originally posted by Wickersham

From the article:  "Alternatively, said Apple, customers could buy a case to shield the antenna."

woooo haha more crap to buy >.> ... i hope they fix it in later models..

i will probably get mine in 6 months or so

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by Wickersham

woooo haha more crap to buy >.> ... i hope they fix it in later models..

i will probably get mine in 6 months or so

Only brainwashed idiots would buy one. LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg&feature=related

I can't believe they suspended this guy from work for this..It is so sad but true how brainwashed people are.image

Worker in trouble for snarky iPhone-Evo videos

Six reasons to boycott Apple

Boycott Apple NOW!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

They now claim that it isn't a fault with the antenna's design but a problem with their calculation about how many signal bars should be shown.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10490572.stm

More on the issue.

"Richard Warner, one of the first to buy an iPhone 4, contacted BBC News, saying that he thought the phone was "useless in its current state".

"Apple have created a phone that has an antenna on the bottom left-hand side of the phone."

"This means that when you hold it in your left hand, the signal bars slowly fade until there is no signal," he wrote."

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • So....can you watch pr0n on this thing like a million times faster?

It's just a phone people; lighten up. It's an electronics device, it wasn't supposed to cure cancer; only help you with mundane tasks in your daily life like communicate and be productive on the go. If it doesn't do that for you, don't buy it. For millions though, it accomplishes the job. Facetime and the App Store are real valuable for a lot of folks.