Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feds are getting the CLOAK on a super ship

MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

Comments

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Mickle

Feds are getting the Galaxy-X.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2784608#post2784608

Just to be clear, has it been confirmed that the Galaxy-X does indeed have cloaking ability? If so, is it standard or battle cloaking?

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• david13edavid13e Member Posts: 50

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for the game?  I could be mistaken but wasn't  this was a reward for recruiting 5 people to subscribe and now they plan on putting it in the C-Store?  Lots of flame posting on the STO boards over this.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=164519

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=164546

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Didn't Cryptic already have their marketing/PR fiasco for June?  I guess they are stepping things up to get every cent they can from the chumps still playing this dog while they still can.

• MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

Originally posted by david13e

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for the game?  I could be mistaken but wasn't  this was a reward for recruiting 5 people to subscribe and now they plan on putting it in the C-Store?  Lots of flame posting on the STO boards over this.

Both, it was given as a reward AND now players can buy it in the C-store.

• MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

Originally posted by Dinendae

Just to be clear, has it been confirmed that the Galaxy-X does indeed have cloaking ability? If so, is it standard or battle cloaking?

From what I understand and my information is 2nd hand.

It has a cloak like a Raptor

The Lance attack,  it can use a beam that can reach out, up to 8 KM, and hit any ships in that line of attack.

It has the stations and the weapons of an Assault Cruiser.

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264

I could be mistaken but wasn't  this was a reward for recruiting 5 people to subscribe and now they plan on putting it in the C-Store?

I believe "recruiting 5 people" is theory, and "buying 5 copies yourself" is actual practice -- which is why certain people were upset to see it go up on the C Store.

It seems there are now people who've bought 8-10 copies of the game, just to get the bonus cheese.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Nice to see Cryptic screw over those die-hard idiots who went out and bought 5 more copies of the game just to get a new ship.   Will also be killing the game when those die-hard players that are left all buy the new over-powered ship and no one else can compete with them so what little PVP they had dies out.    

Anyone interested in Cryptics third MMO set in the Neverwinter Nights universe?  LOL

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

Originally posted by Talonsin

Nice to see Cryptic screw over those die-hard idiots who went out and bought 5 more copies of the game just to get a new ship.   Will also be killing the game when those die-hard players that are left all buy the new over-powered ship and no one else can compete with them so what little PVP they had dies out.    

Anyone interested in Cryptics third MMO set in the Neverwinter Nights universe?  LOL

allready saving money for it

play a fighter- 10$

use heavy armor- 10$

use shield- 10$

multi-class character- 15$

unlock elf race- 10$

drow elf sub race- 10$

various starter equipment- 75$

box with game- 55$

lifetime subscription- 400$

being stupid enough to buy cryptics next game..... PRICELESS!!!!

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Holy crap! These people (Cryptic) are complete and utter idiots! The Galaxy-X (as they call it) was supposed to be a special item for those who recruited 5 people to play the game, and now they're adding it to the C-Store?

There are a lot of people out there who bought five copies of the game just so they could get this bonus, that's how I got a copy, some guy bought it for me so he could get the bonus.

Cryptic sure loves shooting themselves in the foot.

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Both, it was given as a reward AND now players can buy it in the C-store.

They're  planning on adding it this soon? Didn't they just release it like a week or so ago? Cryptic doesn't fuck around when it comes to the c store.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

No offense intended for any "Cryptic Fans" in here, but I'm an avid fan of the Neverwinter Nights series of games. It was my first REAL plunge into the Dungeons and Dragons-esque game type. Therefor, I'm super PISSED off that Cryptic is going to ruin Neverwinter Night's future in the MMO genre.

They ruined StarTrek's MMO future, and now are going to ruin NWN with their Champion's Online Engine.

FUCK Cryptic...... >=(

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

No offense intended for any "Cryptic Fans" in here, but I'm an avid fan of the Neverwinter Nights series of games. It was my first REAL plunge into the Dungeons and Dragons-esque game type. Therefor, I'm super PISSED off that Cryptic is going to ruin Neverwinter Night's future in the MMO genre.

They ruined StarTrek's MMO future, and now are going to ruin NWN with their Champion's Online Engine.

FUCK Cryptic...... >=(

At this point the Cryptic/ Neverwinter Nights connection is about as much an urban legend as Richard Gere and gerbils. For the thousandth time, there's no chance that Cryptic is developing a NWN game while Hasbro (who owns the D&D license) is embroiled in a lawsuit with Atari (who own Cryptic). The lawsuit involves several things, one of which is no more D&D games for Atari (or Cryptic). The thing could take years to settle, and Hasbro isn't going to lose. They simply aren't. And even if they did, they wouldn't lose control over their own intellectual property. The people who own the IP don't want Cryptic's paws on it any more than you do.

• david13edavid13e Member Posts: 50

They're  planning on adding it this soon? Didn't they just release it like a week or so ago? Cryptic doesn't fuck around when it comes to the c store.

Yes there are some pretty good rage posts about having had it for only one week

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Yes there are some pretty good rage posts about having had it for only one week

I guess some of it is warranted from the people who actually worked to get it legitimately. But there's also some delicious irony. Some of the people complaining now are the one's who supported cryptic making the preorder exclusives available on the c store. It's all well and good until it's your turn to be crapped on by cryptic.

All the dumping of the exclusives on the c store is looking like acts of desperation by cryptic. The servers may actually be vaporized the day they announce the liberated borg being released.

From what I understand and my information is 2nd hand.

It has a cloak like a Raptor

The Lance attack,  it can use a beam that can reach out, up to 8 KM, and hit any ships in that line of attack.

It has the stations and the weapons of an Assault Cruiser.

If that's true, then so much for their promise that the Federation will not have any cloaking ability, outside of specific missions. Although to tell the truth, given the number of promises they have went back on now, it doesn't surprise me.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Originally posted by TheAesthete

I believe "recruiting 5 people" is theory, and "buying 5 copies yourself" is actual practice -- which is why certain people were upset to see it go up on the C Store.

It seems there are now people who've bought 8-10 copies of the game, just to get the bonus cheese.

Yep,  but never fear! Cryptic has generously decided to give those people who earned (re: bought) their way to a Galaxy X $50 worth of spending power in the Cryptic store, according to dev posts on the STO forums! image

Originally posted by Dinendae Yep,  but never fear! Cryptic has generously decided to give those people who earned (re: bought) their way to a Galaxy X $50 worth of spending power in the Cryptic store, according to dev posts on the STO forums! image

I'm not in the habit of reading the Cryptic forums, but I did scan through one of the above linked threads and saw that some "blue name" referred to this move as "classy." There are a lot of adjectives that I would apply to Atari's business practices, but "classy" comes from Oppositeworld. 

I'm not in the habit of reading the Cryptic forums, but I did scan through one of the above linked threads and saw that some "blue name" referred to this move as "classy." There are a lot of adjectives that I would apply to Atari's business practices, but "classy" comes from Oppositeworld. 

Yep, I noticed that as well. However, given the history and nature of the posts most of the blue names make, I tend to dismiss most of what they say. I'm sure that if Emmert and company showed up at a blue name's home and started murdering everyone in front of them, quite a few would still find some way to defend Cryptic's actions; most seem to be operating in automatic mode now.

Yep, I noticed that as well. However, given the history and nature of the posts most of the blue names make, I tend to dismiss most of what they say. I'm sure that if Emmert and company showed up at a blue name's home and started murdering everyone in front of them, quite a few would still find some way to defend Cryptic's actions; most seem to be operating in automatic mode now.

Well, sure Jack, I was going to kill them myself anyway, so having you do it in exchange for me paying to unlock both Data and Lore skins (which seem identical to all but myself, even though Lore costs twice as much) is such a bargain!

Well, sure Jack, I was going to kill them myself anyway, so having you do it in exchange for me paying to unlock both Data and Lore skins (which seem identical to all but myself, even though Lore costs twice as much) is such a bargain!

Now that was funny! Sadly enough, it is also probably true in some cases.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Oh God, please don't give Cryptic ideas for new C-Store content...

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

I could be mistaken but wasn't  this was a reward for recruiting 5 people to subscribe and now they plan on putting it in the C-Store?

It's so hard to feel sorry for any of the lemmings left following Cryptic off of this cliff, this company has only shown innovation in the ways it can squeeze every possible cent out of a sucker if it can find one.  From the sales of beta access to the pre orders that showed up in the c store weeks later why did these fools not realize that going out and spending another $100 wouldn't stop Cryptic from screwing them?  They have already twice now turned around and put those carrots on the c store less than a month after making the lifers jump through hoops to get them.  Folks if it's the same company doing it on the same game I'd call that a precedent.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

maybe cryptic should make an mmo simulator that revolves around being a used car saleman. they could probably do that accurately.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

And if you look at the threads it clearly shows why not only is the game crap but the STO community is crap 2, i agree the guy should have toned down the definitions but his point was valid. Soon after the fan boys come out of there caves to state bs like oh it wasnt an exclusive it was a "SPECIAL" item or that he's taking it to serious ( when in actuality these are going to be the same people to quit and rage), this is the same reason i stopped posting on the CO forums it quickly went from level headed people to ignorant fanbois right after revelations was released as if cryptic released this epic like content. There are no wins or resolution on there forums just ragers getting mad at trolls and vice-versa. Before the thread was closed the GM posted this

[quote]Feedback is valid, however, "I quit" threads are not.[/quote]

I dont see the logic in that statement, if someone bought your product and you gave them a forum to vent on and it was in the right section why couldnt they vent, i mean yes they are constantly deleting stuff for the purpose of making things look nice and fluffy for the newbies but they are further alienating the people that pay there bills. Maybe cryptic is from a mirror universe (Pun intended) where bad business, customer service or lack of is key and doing things right by your customers is wrong.

Originally posted by prototypo

And if you look at the threads it clearly shows why not only is the game crap but the STO community is crap 2, i agree the guy should have toned down the definitions but his point was valid. Soon after the fan boys come out of there caves to state bs like oh it wasnt an exclusive it was a "SPECIAL" item or that he's taking it to serious ( when in actuality these are going to be the same people to quit and rage), this is the same reason i stopped posting on the CO forums it quickly went from level headed people to ignorant fanbois right after revelations was released as if cryptic released this epic like content. There are no wins or resolution on there forums just ragers getting mad at trolls and vice-versa. Before the thread was closed the GM posted this

[quote]Feedback is valid, however, "I quit" threads are not.[/quote]

I dont see the logic in that statement, if someone bought your product and you gave them a forum to vent on and it was in the right section why couldnt they vent, i mean yes they are constantly deleting stuff for the purpose of making things look nice and fluffy for the newbies but they are further alienating the people that pay there bills. Maybe cryptic is from a mirror universe (Pun intended) where bad business, customer service or lack of is key and doing things right by your customers is wrong.

i used to work on aircraft, which involved doing a lot of what is called "preventative maintanance". what you now see of what is left of sto is a lack of that theory applied. with aircraft you do this maintanance so that you do not end up standing next to a smoldering hole in the ground trying to figure out where things went wrong. with sto your watching a group of people (cryptic) standing around the hole trying there best to see what they can salvage. of course in cryptics case it would have helped if the "plane" had actually been finished being built at the factory before they tried to send it down the runway. most companies have the common sense to realize that you have to control your forums to some extent from the begining, reputation can be everything in business after all.i honestly beleive if cryptic had done some damage control on there own forums from the begining they may have actually had a viable game (viable, not succesful), but bad news travels fast.