Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's all about the If

If SWG isn't that great of a game then what are you doing on these forums?.

If you have found a better game then SWG why aren't you playing it?.

If you have found a better game please tell me so I can bitch about it.

If you want to bitch about the game I play I'll bitch about the game you play.

If you hate SWG so much then you should get a life and play another game asap.

If you have any problems with it i'm sure that your 30 minute experience in SWG wasn't too great.

If and only If you want to diss SWG then i'll bend over and you can pucker up!.

According to some you may call me, "A little Hairy Man In A Dress"

Name: Jengu-Fet
Server: Bria
Profession: Master Pikeman

-
Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

Comments

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Let me start by saying I love SWG. It's my favorite MMO, and you can go back and read my other posts if you don't believe it.

Now that that's out of the way, I HATE posts like this. These forums are here so people can state their opinion on games, both the good and bad opinions. People who don't like the game will come here and bash it and the people that like it will defend it. It helps people that have never played get a feel of the good and bad, because as much as I like playing SWG, you'd have to be retarded not to realize it has a lot of bugs and needs a lot of imporving. I like the game dispite the bugs.

So if people can come here with a negitive opinion about SWG and thay can provide rational intelligent reasons as to why they don't like it, I welcome posts like that. It opens up for discussion. On the other hand if you come here bashing the game without and telling everyone not to play it while you still have an active account and still play it, well then you're just an idiot and need to go away. Not that anyone would do that...::::12::

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

LOL very nice

Games Tried:
    Everquest (boring)
    Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
    Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
    Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
    Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad, nothing very new though)
    Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)
    WoW (not my cup of tea)

Waiting for:
    Fallen Earth (Post-apoc just rules!)

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• lukeborgmanlukeborgman Member UncommonPosts: 36

If SWG isn't that great of a game then what are you doing on these forums?

Because it could and should be the greatest MMORPG a Star Wars fan could ever play.

If you have found a better game then SWG why aren't you playing it?.

I do.  I quit SWG back in October 2004 and have been enjoying Everquest ever since.

If you have found a better game please tell me so I can bitch about it.

Bitch all you want.  Everquest is not perfect, but it's fun for now, and is not a perversion of the Star Wars legend.  As soon as something better (that suits my girlfriend too) comes along, I'll switch to it.  All things being equal, I'll avoid SOE because of what they did with SWG.  But we get too invested in a game to change every few months, so we're in no hurry to change to a recently released game until it has matured for a while.  ...although Wish is looking pretty good; not just more of the same.

If you want to bitch about the game I play I'll bitch about the game you play.

(same answer)

If you hate SWG so much then you should get a life and play another game asap.

Got one.  Did that.

If you have any problems with it i'm sure that your 30 minute experience in SWG wasn't too great.

I played SWG for more than a year.

If and only If you want to diss SWG then i'll bend over and you can pucker up!.

You're unwillingness to hear criticism is very much like SOE's.  That's exactly the lack of perspective that has made what should be the best thing to happen in MMORPGs and Star Wars both into a sad failure.  Perhaps it is your love of Star Wars which has closed your mind.  It is my love of Star Wars that makes me keep wishing SOE were able to gain a more broadly appealling perspective and fix SWG.  Maybe they will.?.  But I'll not be puckering up in the meantime, nor will I be silent because you can't handle opposing viewpoints. 

...but I'm glad you put into words the kind of defensive, close-mindedness that SOE shares with the remaining long-term SWG players who still resist suggestions of change on forums.  You won!  So, I guess in that respect, I can "pucker up".  You got the SWG you wanted and those of us who did not have simply quit.  SOE prefers your SWG subscription to mine.  I wish we could see numbers on how many have quit versus how many have stayed more than a year.