Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$16.99 on Steam Sale

AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

For (a little more) than the  price of a montly sub you can now buy the game with 30 days.  I might just try it out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Comments

• RaythorRaythor Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

For the price of a montly sub you can now buy the game with 30 days.  I might just try it out.

There are a lot of nice games on sale at Steam now!

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Just save your money and buy Bioshoke 2 for $14.99, Jade Empire for $11.24, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic for $9.99, or The Witcher for $6.97.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Yeah I only buy games when they are on sale. . there is also Gothic 3, Mount and  Blade: Warband for $14.95 etc.  I like buying old favourites there for $5 and this is a big sale. . wasn't interested in the daily ones today but will check back tomorrow.

Champions online for what. . $6.79. . . Aion for $19 I think. . I think for $7 I iwll give Champions a try :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Yeah I only buy games when they are on sale. . there is also Gothic 3, Mount and  Blade: Warband for $14.95 etc.  I like buying old favourites there for $5 and this is a big sale. . wasn't interested in the daily ones today but will check back tomorrow.

Champions online for what. . $6.79. . . Aion for $19 I think. . I think for $7 I iwll give Champions a try :)

Or you can just try out the demo.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Champions is a decent game and for $7 a great deal.  STO on the other is a bit overpriced at any price.  I have a lifetime sub to both games.  I don't regret the sub for CO, but feel like I got a bit robbed with STO.

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264

Champions was a big disappointment for me, but it's definitely worth $7. But is STO worth $17? It just hasn't been long enough since beta. . . but I'm half tempted to buy the game now and wait a couple of months to activate the key.

I'm currently at a state in Fallen Earth where I'm logging in to update my crafting and my auction items, then logging out to play Plants Vs Zombies. It seems Plats Vs Zombies has become my number one sign that it's time to move on to a new MMO. But there just isn't one to move on to.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I did the deal just because I wanted to see what it was like, I hear bitching all the time and figured whatever, it's a little more than a monthly fee and comes with a month. Why not. I actually am kind of enjoying it too which is annoying.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Xondar123

Is the CO demo like the STO one? I.e., does it limit you to the tutorial and a mission or two?

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Panther2103

I did the deal just because I wanted to see what it was like, I hear bitching all the time and figured whatever, it's a little more than a monthly fee and comes with a month. Why not. I actually am kind of enjoying it too which is annoying.

The game can be fun... for about a week. Then it gets extremely boring with pretty much all the same thing over and over and over, and absolutely no depth to it. That, and you'll most likely soon see that you're dealing with a very very dishonest company that thinks customer support is canned responses and then ignoring you, and has no qualms about promising you anything they think you want to hear, but never delivering it.

It's just a shame that there seems to be just enough lifers and the odd monthly subscriber to keep the game going. It deserves to be put down and everyone involved put out of their misery.

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by Dinendae

Is the CO demo like the STO one? I.e., does it limit you to the tutorial and a mission or two?

Unless they changed something recently, yes, it limits you to the tutorial. So not only are you seeing only a tiny portion of the (not very big) game, but you're also limited to only ever using two powers.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

For (a little more) than the  price of a montly sub you can now buy the game with 30 days.  I might just try it out.

It does come with 30 days? The store dident say it, Was worried and havent got it yet.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

You are restricted to the tutorial zone, which is actually more expansive than the STO demo. It's also a pretty good indication of what the full game is like.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

You are restricted to the tutorial zone, which is actually more expansive than the STO demo. It's also a pretty good indication of what the full game is like.

That's good to know; as long as a demo gives you an accurate sense of the game, I have no problem with it.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by augustgrace
    Champions is a decent game and for $7 a great deal.  STO on the other is a bit overpriced at any price.  I have a lifetime sub to both games.  I don't regret the sub for CO, but feel like I got a bit robbed with STO.

Eh... IMO still City of Heroes > Champions Online.

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

No, the trial does not really give you too much information if it is just the MC crisis. Even if you can stay and play for lvls most people most likely quit before reaching 10+, which leaves a pretty limited hero.

If you like superhero games, I think $7 is a great deal for month of fun. Even the harshest detractors of Champions Online should agree that it has enough things to do for a month. The game itself is pretty solo friendly so you could play it as a single player or be social teaming for extra fun. Besides, you most likely will be able to get your hero to cap level, so you will be able complete your creation.  

If anyone is interested in trying out a good space MMO, EVE Online is on sale today only on Steam for $2.

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

If you do buy hold off until late July or early August to activate so you can get the Season 2 updates. I'm thinking you could get a good solid month of it with S2.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I happened to mention this to the manager of a Gamestop a couple days ago, and he said if it were him, he'd wait another month or so.

No idea if it means there will be another price cut coming, or there is some kind of promotional deal in the works.

Regardless, I might try the game were it $10 or less, which is not that far away, but not $25-50 for 60-80 hours of play. I played the beta and clear saw it was not worth $50, but I might be able to stomache $10 just to play the full version....

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Originally posted by MeTed

If you do buy hold off until late July or early August to activate so you can get the Season 2 updates. I'm thinking you could get a good solid month of it with S2.

Lol. I got it with this in mind :D

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams