Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know anything about the naming policy?

What I mean by that is will we be able to put dashes in our names like Obi-Wan Kenobi. If we go Sith will we get the Darth put in front of our name as in Darth Maul? I'm just curious if anyone knows about this. No, I am not going to copy lore names those were just examples. Like these : Madu-Elo Maleo or Darth Seabass.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

Comments

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

I don't care if people copy lore names, though that's silly.  Someone called "Sabersyourface" or the like is a lot more annoying to me, since it isn't a remotely believable name.

Not much is known about policy though, as far as I know, and they haven't given any information on how many servers there will be (assuming there isn't just one big server, but I doubt they'd try to fit 2 million people on one server).

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

Well Darth is a name you have to reach.  In the SW lore you can just go Sith and put Darth infront of your name.  It's like Master for the Jedi's.

Probably be a title you have to work towards.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Originally posted by jjjk29

Well Darth is a name you have to reach.  In the SW lore you can just go Sith and put Darth infront of your name.  It's like Master for the Jedi's.

Ooops. That's what I meant with the Darth, that it would be a title. My bad for not being clear on that. I hope it is a title that you attain. That would be nice.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

I'm sure the naming policy will be race wise, like if you're a human then having an apostrophe in your name as a human would not be likely.. but as a twi'lek most of their names do. SWG had the naming policy like that i believe.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by seabass2003

Originally posted by jjjk29

Ooops. That's what I meant with the Darth, that it would be a title. My bad for not being clear on that. I hope it is a title that you attain. That would be nice.

Yeah, haven't heard anything official but I really think this is how it will be.

Win/win really.  It would satisfy those that are big on the lore and also a lot of people go nutty over obtaining titles in mmos anymore.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

dibs on Darth Legolas

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

Darth Pwnzu