Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job help

AkaieAkaie Member Posts: 2

Hey guys n gals!

I'm a new player, i've tried FFXI before but never gave it a fair shot.  I have a friend who plays and I joined his server but his advice on this questions is biased to what he would do so I'm coming to you guys for your opinions.

I want BLU to be my first 75 job, well 80 now.  He thinks I shouldn't do it but from what I've read on BLU I really want to give it a go and I'm not going to level a job to level cap that I don't want to play.  Right now I see BLU andpossibly RDM as my only capped jobs. Here's my questions...

First I know race doesn't make a huge difference what your opinion on Taru or Hume.  Depending on how much I love BLU, RDM is another job I'd level...both of these jobs seem to cater to Hume so thoughts? (I also see myself playing more magey jobs as opposed to melee but who knows)

And my BIGGEST question...what path should I take to leveling BLU.  Meaning...what order of jobs.  I heard WAR to 18, THF to 30, unlock BLU and NIN then go from there with THF and NIN as my main subs grabbing others as needed.

I do not intend to speed my way to level cap, I intend to enjoy what FFXI has to offer.  I'm sick of WoW and wanted a more satisfying experience.

Thanks!

Comments

• De4dd0gDe4dd0g Member Posts: 157

Well first I want to welcome you to VanaDiel! It's a great game as i've been playing for a number of years now. Unfortunally to talk on the BLU topic I would be as of no help since I've never played BLU haha. Anyways hopefully somebody can give you some decent anwsers

//Processor//AMD Phenom II x6 (4.6GHZ)//Video//CrossfireX ATI Radeon HD 5850//Motherboard//ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3//RAM//6GB DDR3 2000mhz Patriot//HDD//Raid 0 7200RPM Seagate 1TB//

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

I don't have an answer for you either but I  say play whatever you want to play its your character no one else's. If you have your sights set on it than do it.

He is right, I've seen some of the craziest MAIN/SUBs in FFXI and work out SO great. Play what you like man i'm always down for seeing new stuff come to light...

//Processor//AMD Phenom II x6 (4.6GHZ)//Video//CrossfireX ATI Radeon HD 5850//Motherboard//ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3//RAM//6GB DDR3 2000mhz Patriot//HDD//Raid 0 7200RPM Seagate 1TB//

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Well if you're going to play BLU, then you may want to also lvl Dancer {DNC} for a /sub; since they also just recieved the ability to Dual Wield at lvl 20, and bring far more to the fight than /NIN does, and much much cheaper!

I play BLU/DNC on the side myself and its a ton of fun, and is a great combination!  I used to /NIN for the dual wield, but now with /DNC its even better...

Yeah it's great the dancers recieved Dual Wield, i've actually considered leveling one to use as a SJ for my Beastmaster. I think it might be a ton of fun.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I'd love to try FFXI again already bought it at least 3 times because i forgot my login info. I remember on one account that i finally got the SMN. Ah the good times but only had RDM leveled and then everyone said i was gimped..

No idea what it is like now about the subjob variations, but when i played it, it was cookie cutter modes.

Also got a BLU and i loved it, being my favourite FF class.

Just do whatever you feel like, seems like dancer opens up alot of possibilities.

Originally posted by VaultFairy

I'd love to try FFXI again already bought it at least 3 times because i forgot my login info. I remember on one account that i finally got the SMN. Ah the good times but only had RDM leveled and then everyone said i was gimped..

No idea what it is like now about the subjob variations, but when i played it, it was cookie cutter modes.

Also got a BLU and i loved it, being my favourite FF class.

Just do whatever you feel like, seems like dancer opens up alot of possibilities.

Haha okay when you buy it this time link it to a Square Enix account so you don't lose your login information! Anyways yeah I don't think SMN/RDM is very popular and I don't see no benefiets there that would make it worthwhile. =) SMN/WHM is good, and BLU/DNC is great.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

watch him/her lost the login-thing. 

It is Smn/rdm now. I don't know why everyone like smn/whm ... i am a 75 smn i never like /whm. I run around /rdm or /sch.

none

Originally posted by wrongfeifong

watch him/her lost the login-thing. 

It is Smn/rdm now. I don't know why everyone like smn/whm ... i am a 75 smn i never like /whm. I run around /rdm or /sch.

Mind me asking but what's the benefit of /RDM as a SMN? I'm not trying to knock it but better understanding it. Thanks!