Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Agency: E3 Hands On Impressions

2»

Comments

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

If there is to much focus on pvp in this game I will not even considder playing it.Same goes if they force grouping.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Vidir

If there is to much focus on pvp in this game I will not even considder playing it.Same goes if they force grouping.

If there isn't enough focus on pvp a lot of shooter fans won't even consider playing it I'd imagine and it seems thats who there target audience is.

Non PvP shooters would be more along the lines of  RE style or house of the dead maybe. A spy/espionage type of setting is going to appeal more to the PvP shooter crowd.

But that is just imho.

• GuintuGuintu Member UncommonPosts: 320

I'm interested in this game, but it does bother me that SOE is doing it.  SOE has a bad rep with MMO's but maybe this will be different (I hope).  I'm just glad to see different types of MMO's coming out.  I'm getting sick of the old button masher that takes no skill.  I may not be the best at skill games, but at least they don't bore me to death.

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

This game seems to have done a 180 from the early promotional videos they had. Game looks completely different.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by OSF8759

This game seems to have done a 180 from the early promotional videos they had. Game looks completely different.

I agree. It seems to have lost some of it's PvE appeal and actual spy-type gameplay and become nothing more than another common shooter with a different  "bookcover" using the spy-type vibe, so to speak, to cover the fact that it's really...just another shooter.  When they first began releasing information on the development, YEARS ago, it looked SO interesting. The shooter elements were still intact back then, but it was being touted as much MORE than a shooter, having spy adventure quests and choices of factions that would define whether you were a "James Bond" type tuxedo wearing slick spy or a Paragon brute (not as covert, more aggressive, with different weapons, and lacking the gadgetry of the James Bond types).

Now all I see here....is CS Source dressed up in a spy costume. And MMO....is it an MMO? Well...CrimeCraft was very much what this sounds like, although more crime than spy in it's "flavor," and it was NOT an MMO. (The company called it a PWNS, persistent world nextgen shooter...appropriately.)  And...I don't see this as being any different fro the more recent  intormation I've seen thus far.

Kind of a bummer. I was expecting more from this game, but then...you know...it's SoE, and they have a tendency to disappoint in one way or another. The only game of theirs I have ever adored was EQ2, and then they had to eventually fuck with THAT too. So....

Unless I see more in the way of PvE and a REAL thinking spy game, rather than ONLY a strategic shooter....it's not for me. A combination of both might save it for me, but....it's not looking like what I first saw years ago.

By the way....Global Agenda started their development AFTER The Agency did, if I remember correctly, so I'm not sure that whoever called this a "copy" of GA was accurate. Furthermore....the entire environment and premise is different...but okay.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club