Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test your might...

nathanvandynnathanvandyn Member Posts: 98

I am sick of MMO's for one reason. Combat is insanely boring. AoC was as close as it ever got for me and the pvp mechs in that game were pretty sick but no mmo has quite captured the fun combat where skill means everything... Until now.

I have been watching videos all over the internet about this game, and I have to say TERA looks truly fuck!ng amazing. Whether it be the boss fights, regular pve, and omg the pvp looks amazing.

Classes look well made. Casters actually have to play the game this time around. Bring your shooter skills to the table everyone. This combat system in this game looks to set the standard for all mmo's. And I can't wait to see the complaining on how ppl get trashed in this game haha.

The frantic pace this combat keeps up with is going to be insanely fun and I think it will be too hard for most groups to even pve in this game let alone pvp haha.

Complain about the grind all you want chumps. The combat will make the grind fun.

Comments

• DiExMachineDiExMachine Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by nathanvandyn

I am sick of MMO's for one reason. Combat is insanely boring. AoC was as close as it ever got for me and the pvp mechs in that game were pretty sick but no mmo has quite captured the fun combat where skill means everything... Until now.

I have been watching videos all over the internet about this game, and I have to say TERA looks truly fuck!ng amazing. Whether it be the boss fights, regular pve, and omg the pvp looks amazing.

Classes look well made. Casters actually have to play the game this time around. Bring your shooter skills to the table everyone. This combat system in this game looks to set the standard for all mmo's. And I can't wait to see the complaining on how ppl get trashed in this game haha.

The frantic pace this combat keeps up with is going to be insanely fun and I think it will be too hard for most groups to even pve in this game let alone pvp haha.

Complain about the grind all you want chumps. The combat will make the grind fun.

Before you waste that whole box of tissues in one post.  You might want to wait for more of the details about the crafting, item prioritization, banking, how the battle grounds work, what the server sets (pvp or pve) entail, etc, etc. 

I have been watching this game eagerly.  I would say this might be my next MMO (haven't played regularly since I left WoW in 2006).  I have mostly been playing FPS' and like the looks of the fighting.  But I am waiting for more details on the Westernization end of it.  I didn't like the grind that L2 had, and a few of the main developers are from NCSoft. 

That said, It is definitely a must watch for all.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

idk but the game does look pretty cool with aim-to-win but im quessing the majority wouldn't like it because they a re all use to click-to-target instead. but i do like this type of game were we actually have to ai mto win and no( the only FPS game i ever play was Half Life).

• nathanvandynnathanvandyn Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by DiExMachine

Before you waste that whole box of tissues in one post.  You might want to wait for more of the details about the crafting, item prioritization, banking, how the battle grounds work, what the server sets (pvp or pve) entail, etc, etc. 

I have been watching this game eagerly.  I would say this might be my next MMO (haven't played regularly since I left WoW in 2006).  I have mostly been playing FPS' and like the looks of the fighting.  But I am waiting for more details on the Westernization end of it.  I didn't like the grind that L2 had, and a few of the main developers are from NCSoft. 

If I were worried about crafting or items I would play EQ2. You are coming from wow so it sounds like I should take your adivice? (Sarcasm) This is not a gear based game. Read up on it. Also read up on the pvp servers. Do a little digging you may find something instead of wasting your time with tissue comments.

When all I care about is combat (such as I have already stated) from all that I have seen on the net, TERA is for me.

So while YOU might be worried about crafting, all I care about is combat and pvp. Also read the last statement of my original post again since you missed it the first time.

That said, dry those tears from your eyes so you can read these posts. Or should I hand my tissues to you?  Enjoy

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I'm just looking for a break from the standard mmo's we have today.  After all these years, every mmo feels and plays the same.  It will be nice to have something really different.  Perhaps in a few years I may venture back to the standard again, but as of now I just can't get movated to play a so called NEW mmo that I know is a "been there, done that" mmo.

Bring on tera, the rest can take a back seat.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• EtheldredaEtheldreda Member UncommonPosts: 66

OP sounds like those cheesy commercials u see on TV

"AoC was as close as it ever got for me and the pvp mechs in that game were pretty sick but no mmo has quite captured the fun combat where skill means everything... Until now."

lol @ the "... Until Now."

It will be quite cheesy while I'm walking over your corpse and say "You were doing so well! ... Until now"

>=)

• DiExMachineDiExMachine Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by DiExMachine

If I were worried about crafting or items I would play EQ2. You are coming from wow so it sounds like I should take your adivice? (Sarcasm) This is not a gear based game. Read up on it. Also read up on the pvp servers. Do a little digging you may find something instead of wasting your time with tissue comments.

When all I care about is combat (such as I have already stated) from all that I have seen on the net, TERA is for me.

So while YOU might be worried about crafting, all I care about is combat and pvp. Also read the last statement of my original post again since you missed it the first time.

That said, dry those tears from your eyes so you can read these posts. Or should I hand my tissues to you?  Enjoy

People like you are funny.  They get focused on one aspect of gameplay footage, and instantly pigeon hole themselfs.  If there is no game around "your" combat, then you won't have anyone to play against.  You might as well be playing Monster Hunter.

And yes the last major MMO I came from (you should take your own advice and read the comment) was WoW.  I never said it was my only one.  Have played in many MMO's.  Hell my first one was one you have probably never heard of, but was actually a fun game, 10six, then went to Endless Ages for a bit, Lineage 2 beta and release(too much grind there IMO) then played a crap ton of shooters (CSS, TF, DoD, CoD, etc) Then was in WoW because lets face it, it was fun until after the first expansion, and everyone realized that the game was going to be the same for the next 10 years.  I got bored and left, and have been back and forth on EVE, HON, DOTA, CSS again, TF2, bunch of first persons.

So take what you want from my words, you will probably only understand your own.  But like I said in my first post, wait for more information on this game before you go wasting all your tissue in one load.

Combat is the only worthwhile aspect in AoC and PLENTY of ppl play that game. So what you are saying doesnt really concern me at all. Crafting in AoC is garbage, pve content is getting better, but the combat is why ppl play.

My question wasn't which game you came from, it was that I should take your advice. Failing seems to be your forte.

You are worried about aspects that I could give 2 Sh!ts about. I dont need to wait for more info on other aspects when I can blow multiple loads over the combat footage I have seen. If you haven't played AoC or spellborn, this game will not be for you. The game isnt about gear and crafting  AT ALL. And you are still complaining about grinding. So just get out of these threads.

So if all TERA has is combat, those same types of people who stick with AoC and games of that sort will still play even if all other areas fail. Hard to understand I know ;)

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

One of the major problems with FPS style games is that any sort of lag will make it extremely frustrating to play. because of the high graphic load of this game i'm really worried that medium and large scale pvp will not be very fun. Aion is a game which comes to mind with high graphics and lots of lag problems in large scale pvp. I do hope they can manage to keep the lag to a minimum but that is my biggest conern with this game. wile lags spikes are not fun but managable in conventional mmos any sort of lag would make this particular kind of combat really really frustrating.  

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

This game is the next big MMO for me, Why someone has'nt come up with this sort of combat before I will never know, Melee looks almost hack and slash.

Can't wait to try out every class. :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am really hoping this game turns out to be good. Anybody have any info on the political system?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Nothing yet on the political system.  The only news so far has been possible class locks for some races but it's not set in stone yet.  Another piece of new was that the game will be balanced for group play (2v2 3v3 5v5 and so on) and not balanced for 1v1.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

this topic title shows exactly why I dont care for PvP servers in a MMO, to me MMOs have to make some social sense, and well this topic is FPS minded.

either way TERA will have PvE servers - have to agree on PvP if want it. 

I d care for MMO FPS if everyone agreed to only PvP when it made sense....as in clans had conflicts, but rest of the time where if this guy aint "evil" then no reason to kill him - and community act against those "criminals" who did anyways....but well wont ever happen in a MMO..

for just killing ppl any FPS with FREE multiplayer part will always be the best...have no need to have alittle better gear alittle higher skill or lvl than others...or abit lower to find it fun, or extra challanging.

no if I want PvP in a MMO it have to make some sense in the virtual world, and will love it even if I should loose...hightly doubtable ofc.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

Yes, this game is gonna work wonders for the PvP world, but this game will bring out the non-chumps of it.. Good luck,.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

I haven't done any PvP in this game, but as far as the PvE goes - It's amazing. The gameplay is rock-solid, great visuals and effects, there is definitely a great feeling within the game.

All I can say is that I grow tired of AoC after 1-2 hours. The gameplay is repetetive, and sometimes I can't even get past the forest to get to Tortage. However, in Tera I did never get this feeling. Even doing the "tutorial/startingzone" a couple of times in a row was still fun and challanging when trying out new classes.

I can't say if the game will be a huge hit or not, all I can really say is that me personally enjoyed it a lot and I'm looking forward to the release.