Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP.

IllthalaIllthala Member Posts: 56

This game looks great graphics wise and fun.

But i am  a hardcore pvper and am worried this game might be super lite on the pvp.   Is there any info

on what pvp will be like?

Will there be factions? anything like rvr?   OR battlegrounds /scenarios.

rated pvp, or just /duel like in lotro.

so ya whats the info available on pvp so far.

Comments

• Talon54Talon54 Member Posts: 32

As far as Rift goes, there is not much out yet about pvp other then there will be pvp.  I read a story from E3 that one of the dev's said there will be PVP "lakes" in Rfit.  Now if its just an area you can go to for nonrewarding pvp, or if its going to have keeps and objectives is still unknown.  They also talked a bit about the complex class system and how they were going to keep balance, in which they said "there are always going to be imbalance isues, so we will just take player feedback and do what we can."

Which for me its a breath of fresh air to actually hear a company admit that pvp balance is a virtual impossibility. 

Other then that i havent found a whole lot else.  I would speculate there will be a Scenario or Battlegrounds type system, and they had mentioned 'PVP" servers which personally doesnt interested me.  PVP servers in PVE games tend to get the Red headed step child treatment, so i hope they make PVP a part of the game that everyone can enjoy and not just on 1 or 2 servers.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

There will be 2 PvP factions, PvP and PvE serevrs, battlegrounds, no keeps like DAOC to fight over.  It appears there will be either PvP zones or part of zones.  I don't think PvP is a big focus of the game but they do have many devs from DAOC and Warhammer along with many devs fronm EQ1, EQ2 and Vanguard.  Quite an interesting mix of ideas.  Thye have also said there will be non-consual PvP on PvE servers.

• Osias000Osias000 Member Posts: 110

The devs have said that when a rift appears on PvP servers you will have the choice of cooperating with your opposing faction or engaging them. This, to me, seems like open PvP on servers intended for it. The guardians and defiant don't get along, there will be pvp. That said there is not much info out as of yet regarding PvP other then what I've said. That I know of.

"cinnamon buns"
    - Pickles

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

PVP

• There is PVP.

• Faction based, there are two factions. The differing factions cannot team up or guild

• PvP will be completely consensual on PvE servers. [16]

• There are "battlegrounds/scenarios". [20]

• You can level with PVP, but you will need to some PVE. [26]

Post is stickied a has citiations for where information was given. About as official as you can get when keeping in mind the "can change before beta or launch" caveat.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez